IGNORED

Tidal Loses CEO

Exactly why I am still buying physical media...  These streaming services seem to come and go way too regularly.

I would like to see TIDAL and cd quality/Masters Quality streaming stay however.

edit: I refuse to pay for less than lossless quality.

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

@Sal1950 and @crenca - The word racist was not used because I don't have grounds to use that label for a person, preference, or policy that was being discussed here.  Look guys, I did not craft a clever message with the intent to stop "just short" of indictment to call anyone out.  What I said is that this predictable, constant, and singular disdain for this one genre is a product of our relationship with race/diversity, at least in the States.  I am not sorry if that rubs some the wrong way.  The problem that I am pointing to is looking at this discussion on the Tidal streaming predictably devolving into members throwing stones at Jay Z and rap music.  That is fact and it comes from looking at the rap genre from only within most member's experience and not being able to/willing to consider ANY of it outside of their experience.  You know the one thing, about the one person in rap, or you heard the one song that offended you, and everything about it offends you.  If I told you that Blue Jay Z's daughter was a prodigy classical pianist at the age of 5, I guess even she is guilty by association and worthy of everybody checking in to vote in that discussion  - I hate rap and Jay Z.  

I have no idea of the race of anybody here, but I will stand up and identify as a 40's black guy who is from the south.  The deep south.  My parents lived the majority of their life under Jim Crow.  Google the Michael Donald lynching, that is my home town and I remember that event vividly.  So I am saying I have lived this and know a little bit about the topic of race, racism, and our troubled relationship with race and diversity in the States.  But my blackness does not make me the defacto rap music expert so don't take that away from this discussion.  I am not the ordained apologist for CA.  Nobody is a racist for not liking rap or Jay Z, but when anything rap/Jay Z related goes down and all the hate comes out.....wow.  It's like people post just to "make sure their rap hate is counted" yet again.  We don't do that for any other genre and discussion here.  Why does it happen for this one.

We have a few vocal "trump" supporters here. Don't let them get you down.

No electron left behind.