IGNORED

Proper Grounding a system

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

re:  Why would anyone spend their time and/or money on any provider that makes unsupported claims about a product that go against engineering and scientific knowledge?

The key term is unsupported (which I bolded in the paraphrased post above).

If there are reliable listening tests showing better SQ, yet there is no known mechanism for why the SQ is improved ("engineering and scientific knowledge"), one might be justified in a purchase, or certainly their own audition.

But the burden is on the affirmative.

Moreover, there is another issue.  Suppose a $3,000 grounding box DOES improve SQ.  Is the improvement worth the cost?

And a 3rd issue is whether a $10 solution might provide the same SQ improvement.

Why would anyone waste any time on this now incessant/obligatory trolling from the "measurements or bust" cognoscenti?

That dogma goes over really well on the circle jerk that is ASR, not so much here.

Newsflash: the members of this forum do not need saving from the evil snake oil peddling audio industry. The demographic on this forum is decidedly educated, and well aware of various concepts such as caveat emptor.

Last I checked nobody was raising their hand begging to be chosen for a rip-off or severe fleecing of their wallet. Most people consider purchase decisions very carefully, trying before they buy wherever possible or making use of money back guarantees when warranted.

Why the "measurements or it cannot/does not exist" crowd thinks the members of a forum like CA are so utterly gullible is beyond me.

I can only surmise they suffer from the "I'm 16 or 17 times smarter than everyone else" affliction, a particularly severe malady in which delusions of grandeur create a legend in their own mind.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

4 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

it sounds like you are pretty gullible

@Speedskater: I rest my case.

5 minutes ago, Speedskater said:

But before going to the effort of making measurements, I would want someone to do a listening test to show that there is a difference worth measuring. More than one listener in more than one location would be an even better reason for doing measurements.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, and also what the thread starter was after in the 1st place, actual personal use experience (listening tests) from those that have tried Entreq and Nordost products in this category. And that can take the form of respectful civil discourse such as that posted by @mekong56 on the previous page, which should not be construed as attack fodder by anyone, after all it's his personal experience and opinion.

10 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

where is your engineering degree from?

Sorry, I don't feed trolls, because it invariably results in 67 pages of thread crap like that which has plagued so many well intentioned discussion topics on this forum. But then, you already knew that, both because you are omniscient and you have been a very willing participant in some of the very thread derailments I am referring to.

Since when are credentials such as a degree in engineering a prerequisite needed to comment on an audio forum? Only when you are a legend in your own mind.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

40 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

you might want to stop the personal attacks and educate yourself

maybe try statistics for a start

Thanks, I have an education, including statistics.

You may wish to consider a little introspection, it will likely help you understand why nobody likes a know-it-all, even if they are an engineer.

The thread starter has expressed what it was he was seeking in posting this topic, and whether or not one likes the actual descriptive wording chosen as the topic/thread name, it's been clarified as to what that subject is.

I apologize to all for veering off that topic, I merely hoped to avoid it going off the rails with the same old objective/measurements/blind testing tired-ass BS attack that started anew right after @mekong56 made a very on-topic post.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook