IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

1 hour ago, alcarp said:

Just to be clear. The LED above the LED label is solid red.  The lights on either side of the Ethernet port are solid green and flashing amber.

The "LED" is just showing the power status. It can do more, but that is all for now.  

Nothing is "required" and the intent is for you to hook it up directly to your DAC via a USB cable. Having said that you are free to experiment if you like. No matter what we say or do you guys will experiment so enjoy...it a hobby after all.  

BTW we are working on an internal tweak that has some interesting potential. If (emphasis on the word if) it pans out we will be making it available to microRendu, microRendu 1.4, and ultraRendu running Sonicorbiter 2.5 for free via Apps / Software Manager. Top secret stuff and can't say more except that you will not be able to do this externally:)

8 hours ago, Adyc said:

I want to mention incredible customer service of Sonore. I accidentally broke the USB connection of urendu. It is all my fault. Sonore provides speedy repair service. Incredible customer support. Makes me very confident of their products.

Thanks Jesus!

It happens...especially with all these crazy connections schemes.

1 hour ago, d_elm said:

I am trying an Uptone Audio USPCB between a microRendu, 1.3 board, and Ayre Codex with XLR cables connected.  I have more listening tests to do but am thinking the USPCB is likely to be my USB connector of choice.  Not a problem with the microRendu as the ethernet interface is on the other end but the ultraRendu looks like a problem with all interfaces on one end.  Time for another layout for the ultraRendu with ethernet and USB on opposite ends ?

You could use a microRendu with the 1.4 hardware update. No plans to change the ultraRendu layout through. 

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

I've had the ultra for three days now. It's not a lot of time and it may or may not improve though I haven't noticed any changes since plugged in. But I do feel in a much better place to give my input in greater detail The disclaimer is I can only say what it has done to my system, and I know results will vary greatly for anyone else's. I don't have the wine tasting/audiophile musing vocabulary so my impression will be anecdotal.

First, I've missed a bunch of work. I can't help but listen when I wake up and have gone in to the office two hours later than planned. The one time I came home for lunch was a mistake. I told myself I could work from home in front of the stereo. Didn't happen.

My housemate who has never, ever purposely sat in front of the stereo to listen remarked from the attached kitchen that the stereo sounded much better. The next night she actually sat down and tried some of her music. 

While listening to many very familiar tracks I often think there is some unknown sound coming from elsewhere in or outside the house but can't place it. When I stop the music there is no sound. To say I hear detail I haven't before is an understatement.

The change is about as dramatic and switching from the laptop directly feeding the DAC to the 1.3 mRendu was. I'd planned to keep the mRendu for a while to A/B test but there is no point in putting it back in the system.

The only downside is it's clear to me the speakers are by far my weakest link and good speakers aren't cheap.

That was better than "audiophile musing vocabulary".

1 hour ago, HookEm said:

Look, like you I'm obsessed with this stuff, so I get the enthusiasm.

However I'm also a EE, and we're not talking about spiritual experiences here.. This is science.

Anyway, please don't take it as a personal attack; I'd just like us to 'keep it real', is all.

They are keeping it real.

The Rendu needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu cable and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, octaviars said:

@vortecjr what is the powerconsumtion on the ultraRendu if you dont count in what the DAC might draw from the USB? Is there any voltage better to use in the range 6-9v regarding performance and heat? I asume lower voltage will cause less heat?

It consumes about 1 Amp which is what we have specified on the product page. We like 7 or 7.5 VDC. Less lower voltage will cause less heat.

• 3 weeks later...

Update Notice

An update is available from Apps / Software Manager for Sonicorbiter 2.5 based units. 

1. This update adds additional DACs that support native DSD. For a complete list of devices that support native DSD refer here: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26758-sonicorbiter-native-dsd-support/

2. There is also an update for RoonReady included with the above.