IGNORED

Blue Jeans Cable Cat 6a

I have not compared Belden to Belden, but I can easily hear the improvements from 5E to 6.  Enough so with cheap Home D wire that I am going to order some BJC cat 6.  Why not.  It's the least expensive piece of anything in my audio chain, and it has shown to make a very audible difference.  At least from 5E to 6.  

• 3 months later...

I put some blue jean cables in but did not hear a significant Sonic difference. Being a electrical contractor I might look at getting the Belden tool to use their new connectors. I do find it intriguing the way they minimize any difference in length between the four pairs of wires in the jacket. I run into the same problem when I come to a termination strip at my main distribution box. I like the idea of eliminating the termination strip altogether.  I would rather install a male connector and go directly into my switch. That gets rid of a termination strip a jumper to my switch.

My blue jeans perceptions are not well vetted at all. I put them in turned on my stereo and never did a back-and-forth comparison. I will say they are very well made.

• 1 month later...

I had a network tech at my house a week ago.  We added a new Router as my Modum/router was not up to the task of doing all the work.  Now they each have their duties and data runs smoother with no IP address conflicts anymore.

Anyhow, I asked about the belden cable and tools.  He said they use it for all their commercial work.  He said get the tool.  It less than $100 and does all the cutting as well as crimping properly.  I guess I would say if your serious about your digital playback and have some amount of thousands of money in your audio gear, why not invest $ in making the infrastructure in your house comparable in quality to your audio gear.  Or just buy the Blue Jeans cable.  Its darn cost effective and no fuss.  It is harder to drag through holes if your retrofitting or for that matter doing a new build.  But all can be done.  Just drill a larger hole and make good tights heads on your pull string/cable/snake.