IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

Yai! :D

... hopefully :nervous:

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

6 minutes ago, consult_paul said:

Can you please advise as to the effect that the ISO Regen will have by using it with a streamer and DAC as opposed to a computer?

I am using a Regen, powered by an LPS-1, on the USB out of an Aries femto (then into an Audiophilleo) and it does make a difference :) 

can't wait for my Iso Regen to be here :D

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

20 minutes ago, AmusedToD said:

Did anyone take delivery of the ISO Regen yet?

from the very first post in this thread:

The first 250 units will ship May 16th–May 19th.

headphones system:

go get on that plane, Alex! 9_9

and enjoy ;)

headphones system:

hhhhmmmm... weather doesn't promise anything good :|

what about going back home to assemble and send us those ISOs? ;)

you'll have your holiday later :P

:D

headphones system:

18 minutes ago, kalinka said:

I have a question for those who already listened to the iso regen

On 4/24/2017 at 5:45 AM, Superdad said:

The first 250 units will ship May 16th–May 19th.

headphones system:

• 2 weeks later...

yes, same designer but two different companies: why should they merge their products?

(unless that's what *they* want to do)

Sergio Pininfarina has been designing cars for Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Ferrari, Fiat, Maserati and others: no one ever asked to merge those :P

headphones system:

4 minutes ago, Confused said:

Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Ferrari, Fiat and Maserati are all part of the Fiat Chrysler group......  

they are *now*. they were not in the '60s when Pininfarina signed his best cars ;)

headphones system:

24 minutes ago, Confused said:

To keep this in proper context, would this apply to those who use a Mutec MC3+USB?  In my case I use a Mutec specifically because my DAC (Devialet) sounds best fed via AES/EBU.  Would use of the Mutec eliminate the goodness of the ISO Regen?

I'm pretty sure Alex was referring just to other USB>USB devices

I'm using myself an Audiophilleo between Regen and DAC ;)

headphones system:

Never turned my Regen OFF and will just do the same with the ISO Regen

I don't think power consumption is anything meaningful (even more if sitting idle)

headphones system:

can't believe my ISO Regen too was delivered a few minutes ago: thank you so much Alex :D

I immediately replaced "amber" with ISO (Aries > ISO Regen > Audiophilleo SE > 2Qute)

not paying close attention (I'm busy setting up fighting with a new router 9_9) but difference is clearly there. and it's a very good one :)

more later ;)

(back to my old router, now, just to post this xD)

headphones system:

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Superdad said:

All USB hosts and devices (so computers, DACs, the hub in the REGENs, etc.) have different wake/suspend states, partially based on VBUS status, but also based--I think--on if data is moving.

definitely!

just found my Chord 2Qute's "bitrate light" finally turns off, when playback stops, if the ISO Regen is in the queue

did not with the "amber" Regen. did when using s/pdif instead

:)

headphones system: