IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

On 2/2/2018 at 10:28 PM, marflao said:

Yeah... especially since LHL has the impression that one/two handful backers are the only ones who are unsatisfied with the current situation and request refunds.

I'm guessing the silent majority realize lighting your hair on fire won't work, so we wait and watch. I've no interest in crowd funding since the LHL fiasco, BUT I had to go for the HiBy R6. I think just to restore my faith in the crowdfunding platform. My moment of self-satisfaction will be posting my Bye's to the LHL/Head-Fi thread with a pic of the "delivered earlier than promised" R6 sitting on the Indiegogo/LHL Geek Wave invoice from 2014 or whenever...

6 hours ago, Superdad said:

we are talking about literally millions of dollars they have taken from people for products going undelivered for years!

Yes and how much was Indiegogo's cut? 

Indiegogo is just as culpable but stays hidden in the weeds.I admire those who resisted the HiBy R6 and will buy later from Amazon when it goes public.

I don't get why LH Labs continues to play this game. There's no way they can deliver these products without losing lots of money. There were way too many mistakes made. I did some background horse trading for 1 of my Waves and got a GOV2+ instead. I'm still on the hook for 1 Wave, 1 Station X (to myself: ever heard of a USB cable dumb ass!) and a S100 Amp. Don't expect to see any of them, except maybe the Wave. 

LH Labs should do the same as me, buy HiBy R6's and substitute, they'll lose much less money and put this CF behind them. Afterall, the brand is worth nothing after this. The only customers they have are the well healed that want $30k+ DACs. 

• 9 months later...
1 minute ago, Geoff1954 said:

Does anyone have any more recent information about either the Source or LH Labs in general?

They're still pretending to care and making excuses about software delays for the Wave. There's still some who never got their Pulse. Source is for sale in Asia and I think a handful were delivered to backers. Otherwise it's a charade - consider it vaporware. And a hard lesson that crowd funding is no guarrantee for getting delivery.

At least ADEL found a reasonable subsitute for their IG backers.

1 hour ago, Beefalo said:

I’ve written my ‘contribution’ off as a life lesson.

Life lesson #1: If it sounds too good to be true....

Why couldn't we just accept the sage advice we already knew and not have to learn the hard way ?

No doubt IG has some answering to do - this was a record fundraiser at the time. But even they seem to be avoiding their customers on this one. 

@stuck limo is over on Head-fi making excuses for Light Harmonics & the gutless Mr. Ho is using him as a dupe. If you want the most up to date lies, check out the Wave post there. Maybe someone will make an appearance here and try to convince us the goods will be delivered 6 years late and will be the world's best DAP (2014 standards of course).

Just now, Geoff1954 said:

Life lesson for sure.

Is there any evidence of that? Are you saying the product exists and is being retailed? If that were really true I would think there might be some way to embarrass IGG into doing something. I'm not naive enough to think IGG will ever help us get our money back. But if it is true that the Source is being sold while the initial backers remain SOL, the least IGG could do would be to post a public notice naming LH Labs as a disreputable dealer.

If this were all just a scam, I would think LH Labs would have disappeared with our money. Not that I expect to ever get the money back or receive the product.

Please use the Light Harmonics moniker. LH Labs is a non-entity (IGG scam only) and Light Harmonics still exists in a viable form for very very expensve DACs. Thankfully we don't read about their DACs here anymore. Let's make sure Light Harmonics gets the well deserved negative attention when Googled.

As per the Source, please go to Head-Fi and check out their forums for the Wave & Source. There are many posts regarding the Source being actively sold in Asia and @stuck limo would have us believe there's a legit reason for this. I'd post a link, but I get sick when I go there thanks to Light Harmonics. I can afford the loss, it's the ongoing lies that get me angry.

Light Harmonics and Larry Ho are corrupt. Incompetent too, but corrupt to the core.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/berkeley/profile/laboratory-research/lh-labs-corporation-1116-878014

Oh I get it, you're from the government and you're here to help us.

The story gets weirder and weirder

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/light-harmonics-source-pro

A review of vaporware, read the comments - truly sad.

BTW your post changed several times. I mean changed from denial to - oh those Sources sold to retailers years ago.... 

Now you guys are polluting my favorite website 🤬

• The Computer Audiophile changed the title to LH Labs by Larry Ho. No delivery since 2014
  • 1 month later...