IGNORED

Just got a Yggdrasil!

1 minute ago, gmgraves said:

Electronics of that type don't "burn-in" as in improving performance. Burn-in is only to weed out units that fail due to "infant mortality", The DAC does need to thermally stabilize, however. Even Mike Moffat says that. 

Well, there are plenty of people out there, including me from personal experience with my Yggdrasil, that would disagree with you!

1 hour ago, Jud said:

It's rounded to 24 bits if at all.  21 bits has to do with dynamic range above the noise floor, not internal math.  21 bits is starting to get down into the thermal noise of the equipment.

Mike said, over on Head-Fi, said "DSP processor in all Schiit multibit gear is 32 bit, waaaaaay overkill". He went on to say that, for the 16-bit DACs,  "the data is rounded to 16 bits" before being sent to the DAC chip. Based on comments over on SBAF made by by Jason Stoddard, they round to 21 bits in Yggdrasil. This was in response to a discussion regarding comments made by John Atkinson of Stereo Review in regards to Yggdrasil an truncating to 21 bits. Jason said they rounded, not truncated.

25 minutes ago, manisandher said:

What parts of my post were crap?

That the Yggy has zero-crossing glitching distortion?

That I personally didn't like the sound of the Yggy when I had it here for a few weeks?

That the Yggy has problems with high level, high frequency tones?

That the Yggy has problems with the LSBs of 24-bit data?

You don't have to get all upset just because my opinion of the Yggy is different to yours.

Mani.

I see one thing on that list that is right. That you don't like the sound of an Yggy.

On 3/29/2017 at 0:28 PM, GUTB said:

Considering the 7K MSB Analog is clearly superior to the Yggdrasil, it's surprising to hear that the Diamond V performs so poorly.

On 4/1/2017 at 11:03 AM, GUTB said:

Well I don't hate Schiit. I've auditioned most of their amps, found most of them lacking -- but I currently own the Mjolnir 2. I haven't tried their multibit products, but I am meaning to.

How can you say the MSB Analog is "clearly superior" to Yggdrasil when you haven't tried any of the Schiit Audio multibit DACs? I am not saying it's not because I have haven't tried out any of the MSB products. It just seems odd to make bold statements like that without any personal experience. How you tried out the MSB Analog or you just going by specs and prices?

On 4/1/2017 at 11:44 AM, manisandher said:

You put facts and evidence forward for your point of view on something and instead of counter-argument, they come back with name-calling and ad hominem attacks.

Crazy world!

Funny, I haven't seen any name calling or ad hominem attacks here. They do call you names over on SBAF though!

All I see here is people not agreeing with your positions, methods, and conclusions. I alway find it humorous when people conflate disagreement and challenges with name calling and ad hominem attacks.