IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That should be fixed now.

Chris, note that I updated my post and added a 2nd issue.  The 'ignore this topic' thing is indeed fixed.

I'm still getting that Error code: 2F173/K.  I can view all the comments on your Ravenna article if I first go to the article and just scroll down, but I get that error if I try to navigate from rikhav's post in the Activity Stream to his actual post.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is fixed now.

Wow.  Chris, thanks for responding so quickly to both my issues today.  CA is a Class Act!

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't like having to click to see new items in the activity stream, I have found a really simple solution.  I installed a  Chrome extension called Super Auto Refresh.  It puts an icon in the upper right corner of the screen.  Click on this icon and you can select a refresh interval from 2 seconds to 60 minutes.  No more clicking.  Wow, am I lazy!

Chris, you've done something nice with posts from ignored users in the activity stream.  

Chris, I'm noticing a considerable degradation in performance this morning on CA.

Now the nice compression of the Activity Stream from displaying posts from ignored users differently has disappeared and we're back to the way it used to be.

Chris, did you back this out because of my input about a performance degredation, or for some other reason?

• 2 weeks later...

What I'd like now is a wildcard filter to ignore topics.  For example, I want to ignore all topics containing the word iTunes.

All my ignored topics have disappeared!  I think the point size of the font is a bit too small now.  Is there a setting to change it?  I know I can change it for posts I create, I'm talking about the font used for viewing.

5 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Hmm, I don't see that (in viewing posts or posting).

I think the point size of the font in the expanded Activity Stream is too small, especially relative to the point size of the thread topic.  When you go look at the actual post, the font point size is good.

24 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @rickca - The font size for the normal comment text is 14px and the font size for the expanded activity stream is 13px. Due to the way it's coded, I'm not sure I can make a quick adjustment without effecting other items. I have to see what will happen downstream first, before making the change. 

It sure looks like a bigger difference than 1px to me.  Maybe it's because the topic text in the expanded activity stream is so big and bold.

Actually, the expanded activity stream font size may be the same as before.  It just looks like a lighter grey on my display than the text in an actual post.  Problem is that if you make it bigger, people may complain that now it takes too much scrolling.  

Chris, seems to me that member search is no longer working.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, jabbr said:

How come the "ignore user" feature is not ignoring the spam?

I think ignore user is working as designed, but ignore topic is not ... unless the topic is changing, I can't read Korean.  Google translate does a nice job on the content, it says 'I am a lonely woman, baby'!

Chris, we've talked about eliminating the posts of ignored users from the activity stream.  As an extension of that idea, I'd also like to automatically ignore any new topics started by ignored users.  A very large percentage of posts are generated by a very small number of users.  They overwhelm the activity stream and make it difficult to productively keep up with the latest useful developments.

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It would be cool if we could create an activity stream that excludes content from specific people, rather than an activity stream that includes certain people. 

That's exactly what I'd like.  I'd also like to exclude topics started by those same people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chris, the expanded view of the activity stream is now showing the entire post rather than just the first few lines of it.  It doesn't seem to do this consistently, but there are certainly some really long posts that are showing the entire post.

• 2 weeks later...

@The Computer Audiophile the Activity Stream isn't showing my more posts when I click on Load More Activity if I am signed in.  This problem doesn't happen if I am not signed in.

I'm also experiencing really bad performance lately.

Chris, I figured it out.  I started having problems as soon as I did an Ignore Topic on the Civility thread, which has recently had a torrent of posts.  I had to stop ignoring this topic in order to get performance back to something acceptable.  This is definitely something your tech support guys should look at.

Yes even after I stop ignoring the Civility topic, performance this evening is really bad.  And I am one of the hoi polloi.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just made some adjustments to the server. Please let me know if you see any difference in performance.

Performance is good again, but I don't think there are many people active right now.  Once again, the expanded view of the activity stream is showing the entire post instead of a truncated version.

Chris, we keep getting these reversions on the site.  Once again, I'm seeing the full post in the expanded view of the activity stream, rather than a truncated version.  I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.

Yesterday, I somehow lost my login.  I was signed in, but I couldn't post anything.  

Chris, performance has totally gone to pot around 1:45 ET today.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Are you using Comcast?

Yes, I use Comcast but there's no outage in my area.  Thanks.