IGNORED

PEARL JAM Seven part series Podcast

Here's a link that The Computer Audiophile Chris and fellow PJ fan will no doubt appreciate. The podcast do an in depth analysis on PJ's career through their albums. Here's TEN:

The Celebration Rock Podcast: How Pearl Jam Survived ‘Ten’

Best regards to all

Thanks for the link. Brings me back to fall of 90'. Hard to believe Metallica's Black album, Nirvana's Nevermind, GNR's Use your Illusion and Pearl Jams's Ten were all released within about 6 weeks of each other. Saw them all in Concert when they came to town. I loved the late 80's and early 90's for concerts.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

How the hell did I miss this!

Thanks for the link!

I thought you would have been the first to respond.  Sounds like it was done here locally at 93X.  The first episode eludes to this.  Unless there's another station with that name.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

Chris - Have you shared your thoughts on Ten Redux here on CA before?  The link is broken to the only article I could find that might cover this topic:

"Ten, Vs., Vitalogy, And Lightning Bolt"

i just learned about Redux listening to the first ep of the podcast linked above.  I a/b'd the Tidal version with the rip of my original CD and i liked that it sounded 'bigger' and more detailed (less muddy than the original), but there seemed to be some wierdeness in the stereo image that I couldnt put my finger on after one listen.  I need to a/b the Tidal version of the original since Redux on Tidal was two or three db louder than my CD rip.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, mrvco said:

Chris - Have you shared your thoughts on Ten Redux here on CA before?  The link is broken to the only article I could find that might cover this topic:

"Ten, Vs., Vitalogy, And Lightning Bolt"

i just learned about Redux listening to the first ep of the podcast linked above.  I a/b'd the Tidal version with the rip of my original CD and i liked that it sounded 'bigger' and more detailed (less muddy than the original), but there seemed to be some wierdeness in the stereo image that I couldnt put my finger on after one listen.  I need to a/b the Tidal version of the original since Redux on Tidal was two or three db louder than my CD rip.

Thanks!

Hi mrvco - I haven't really talked much about Ten Redux. I had high hopes for this version, but even with a better mix it still sounds just OK because of the dynamic range compression. 

I fixed the link you mentioned:

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Thanks for fixing the link.  With such aggressive compression, I just have to scratch my head and wonder who their target audience was for Ten Redux.  However, looking at the entries in the DR db, Ten Redux does seem to be more or less consistent with the rest of their studio albums with regards to DR.