IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

16 minutes ago, cpasmoi said:

Very good sound also with a less muscular Server based on a Ryzen 7 5700g

Congratulations on ASDM7ECv2 to DSD512. This is a good combination. 👍

TDP stands for Thermal Design Power. TDP is the maximum thermal power dissipation generated by a chip (like a CPU), based on which a cooling solution is designed. Important: This is a nominal value. The actual power dissipation may be higher or lower. In the fis Audio PC, the consumption is significantly lower, despite overclocking. A clever BIOS setting makes it possible. 

In the benchmark comparison, the AMD Ryzen 7 5700G has about 40% less performance than the Intel Core i9-12900K. I prefer high performance reserves and lowest latencies. 

We know Miska, the next generation of modulators and filters are surely on the way. Which often requires higher computing power. 😉

39 minutes ago, DomiJi said:

May i ask you which filters do you use at the moment for 1x and Nx?

Thank you

I am currently using the filters recommended by Miska:

1x (44.1/48kHz) = poly-sinc-gauss-long
Nx (88.2/96kHz and higher) = poly-sinc-gauss-hires-lp

On 7/15/2022 at 1:06 PM, Miska said:

There are two, one in datacenter in Germany, and another one in my premises here in Finland.

I have questions about this topic. 

My router failed and I got this error message:

44051728eb.jpeg

I only wanted to play internal music files. 😉

Now I imagine that my router works, but both data centers of Signalyst are not available. Can then also no music be played?

I understand if the internet connection is to check the validity with the desktop versions. Because these can be installed without hardware detection. Is this protection really required for HQP Embedded with fingerprint? 

3 hours ago, Miska said:

I think you should be able to play local music files.

Unfortunately not via Roon running on the network on another PC.

• 1 month later...

@Miska

What does the message below mean?

HQPlayer login: traps: hqplayerd(3031) general protection fault ip:xxx sp:xxx error: 0 in hqplayerd(5612ecxxx)

The music stops, but can be restarted. It doesn't matter if via Roon or HQPClient.

Occurs since version HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.32.5. Nothing can be found in the log.

SD(V)3100HV: USB Audio (hw:CARD=SDV3100HV,DEV=0) ...
+ 2022/09/12 16:29:27 NAA output connect to [xxx]:43210 [ipv6]

• 1 month later...

HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.33.0 released!
Control API improvements. Support any picture as cover if specific one is not found. Support for favorites in library. Number of bug fixes. Performance optimizations and new tuning option. FLAC update to support higher sample rates and up to 32-bit word length. CUDA update to support new GPU generation. HQPlayer OS update and optional dynamic hostname service.

@Miska That's a lot, thank you very much for the new features. 👍

Where can read the tuning options? Can now edit the favorites of Qobus in the HQPClient?

• 3 weeks later...

hqplayer-embedded-4.33.1-x64avx2

The problem with incorrect core allocation on the i9-13900K CPU has been fixed. 👍

44704572vm.png

Since only 2 e-cores are used in my configuration, I disabled the others. This works great as before.

44704571wm.png

HQPlayer4Desktop-arm64-4200

Unfortunately, no songs from Qobuz can be played in the new client. Apparently the URI link is not working properly. I tried several songs. Songs from the library can be played. There are no problems under Roon. 

& 2022/11/15 08:36:43 Stop...
& 2022/11/15 08:36:43 Playlist clear
& 2022/11/15 08:37:22 Play next URI: https://streaming-qobuz-std.akamaized.net/file
# 2022/11/15 08:37:32 clPlaylist::AddURI("https://streaming-qobuz-std.akamaized.net/file?uid=997953&eid=1040491&fmt=6&profile=raw&app_id=835842304&cid=1506047&etsp=1668505042&hmac=dTFEZD_zG7YzfA7Q1jAfKBW6y0A"): clStreamReaderHTTP::clStreamReaderHTTP(): clStreamReaderHTTP::GetHead(): clSocket::Connect()
# 2022/11/15 08:37:32 Adding URI to the playlist transport failed
  2022/11/15 08:37:32 Offload: resampler=disabled convolution=disabled
& 2022/11/15 08:37:32 Play next URI: https://streaming-qobuz-std.akamaized.net/file
# 2022/11/15 08:37:42 clPlaylist::AddURI("https://streaming-qobuz-std.akamaized.net/file?uid=997953&eid=1040491&fmt=6&profile=raw&app_id=835842304&cid=1506047&etsp=1668505045&hmac=ZrQqXRKGwlJXsXLpDLfW-pMXIEQ"): clStreamReaderHTTP::clStreamReaderHTTP(): clStreamReaderHTTP::GetHead(): clSocket::Connect()
# 2022/11/15 08:37:42 Adding URI to the playlist transport failed
  2022/11/15 08:37:42 Offload: resampler=disabled convolution=disabled
& 2022/11/15 08:37:42 Play next URI: https://streaming-qobuz-std.akamaized.net/file

On 11/15/2022 at 2:02 PM, Miska said:

Works fine here, check that HQPlayer server can actually talk to the Qobuz server! Looks like HQPlayer is not having functional internet access.

I have found the bug: IPv6 was enabled. With IPv4 there are no problems with Qobuz streaming. 😉

On 11/21/2022 at 1:54 PM, Miska said:

IPv6 should work fine too as long as your internet connection and routing properly passes it through. I'll look into improving this in cases where connection fails through IPv6.

It works nice on HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.33.3. Thank you 👍

11 minutes ago, Gato said:

Sound's beautiful!

My full agreement 👍

12 minutes ago, Gato said:

But the last 8 cores seems never used. Do I miss something or is it like this for the moment?

You probably mean the E-cores? I have deactivated all but two of them, since only two were used simultaneously in my setup (without CUDA). 

The high efficiency of the 13th Intel generation allows the limitation to 4GHz (P-cores) and 3.2GHz (E-cores) in my fanless system. 

44779656ri.png

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Gato said:

I don't understand "integer ratio upsampling 16/44 to 45MHz", how to do that?

try "Auto rate family" and "Bit rate = Auto" 😉

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GMG said:

How do I remotely log in to a fresh HQPlayer with ssh from a remote computer?

You have to set up SSH first. I have written a few things about this here:

Linux commands for the HQPlayer OS

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, steveoat said:

So, if I am understanding you correctly, if you are dedicating a server just to running HQ Player embedded, you just keep the USB stick in it permanently and everything runs from this. 

Alternatively, you can also install the HQPlayer Image on a low-latency Intel® Optane™ Memory M10 SSD or other M.2 SSD. To do this, you have to temporarily remove the memory stick and install it in an M.2 NVME SSD to USB-C adapter. 

IMG_6699.jpeg?w=1960&ssl=1

I prefer this method for the following reasons:

- significantly faster booting because of the low latencies

- direct CPU connection (the motherboard must be suitable for this)

- error free booting, I had already many problems with defective USB sticks

6 hours ago, Miska said:

Have you tried just leaving regular M.2 SSD on such adapter without bothering to swap it to the motherboard slot?

Thanks for the tip. I avoid additional "boxes" where I can, if only for optical reasons.

For me, replacing the SSD is done quickly, as I only need to remove an acrylic lid and the SSD cooling. Like the previous speaker, I find the reconfiguration more cumbersome. But we already had that topic and many thanks for the planned improvements to the Key. 

• 4 weeks later...

Before I try the new release I would appreciate any tips. 

20 minutes ago, dknk said:

Earlier versions had hqplayerd running as root on HQPlayer OS. But not now with the new release, it runs under user hqplayer.

Instead of "root" I enter "hqplayer" to set up SSH with Nano for example?

6 minutes ago, Miska said:

It will be on port 8088 like on regular distributions as well.

How is that meant? Do I need to share the port 8088 the HQP IP on my router?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Apr 17 2023 HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.35.0 released!
Performance improvements, especially for cases when huge filters or convolution is run on CPU. Component updates and minor fixes.

Since I use Convolution, I was very interested in the performance improvement. In fact, there is an improvement in huge filters like poly-sinc-xtr- short-mp. The total utilization shown is not static, but varies between 1-2%.

Here in the old version 4.34.2 with an average total utilization of approx. 30%.

45512688mh.png

Here in the new version 4.35.0 with an average total utilization of approx. 28%.

45512691is.png

In this album even with an average total utilization of approx. 26%, although the source format is identical?

45512689ih.png

Jussi many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Rovo said:

I would expect that it is a setting on the Intel I350-T2V2 network server card.

Is flow control activated? Under ethtool it must look like this: autoneg on rx on tx on

Us this command line: ethtool -a <interface, e.g. eth0 >

3 hours ago, Rovo said:

How to install HQPlayer Embedded on Ubuntu 20.04

I would alternatively try to boot HQPlayer OS from USB. If there are no problems, it is Ubuntu.

17 minutes ago, BTO said:

I can't enter to it configuring using the PC's ip address.

Did this work? 

http://hqplayer.local:8088/

@Miska

Are various programs no longer available on the hqplayer-embedded-5.0.0-x64avx2 image?

htop and the temperature display can be called without problems. ifconfig and ethtool however no longer. Or am I doing something wrong?   

hqplayer:~$ cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone*/temp

hqplayer:~$ ifconfig

-sh: ifconfig: command not found

hqplayer:~$ ethtool -h

-sh: ethtool: command not found

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

have you tried using “su root” before the command?

What a great community here! That's exactly it! 👍

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Tihon said:

1. Did I understand correctly that HQP OS image contains all necessary drivers to run something like i9 13900K

I can confirm it for i9-13900K. But it is better to set the core mapping to multicore = 1. I have described how to do that here: Linux Commands for the HQPlayer OS

4 hours ago, Tihon said:

this HQP OS image is better than OS X or Win

In my experience, HQP OS is much better because it is real-time processing with very few processes. See in the picture below right Tasks = 19. I control the music with Roon on another server. 

Bildschirmfoto-2023-05-08-um-10.22.02.pn