IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

I'm hoping Lenbrook's CES 2024 dance card is relatively void of interested parties. I don't see why other manufacturers would want to help Bluesound/NAD/PSB in any way, and with TIDAL's pivot to hi-res FLAC, why anyone would spend time and money doing any further integration of MQA in their products.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

4 hours ago, Stereo said:

I'd like to think that's just due to limited resources/lousy financial conditions at TIDAL, as well as the reliance on the record labels to provide replacement files, TIDAL is at their mercy with that and can't dictate what happens or exactly when.

If there were to be an uncooperative record label I'd expect that to be Warner Music Group, though none of the big 3 are likely to be easy to work with. 

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, bambadoo said:

Wasn´t it a service like this earlier also?

https://blog.masterchannel.ai/mqa/

They have later removed that "MQA tier" of course but the blog remains. 

Yes I was thinking the same thing, this was offered previously by exactly one studio in Norway, who seems to have removed all mention of it on their main site/pricing, it only survives as that one blog entry.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

1 hour ago, loop7 said:

I am 100% certain this has been answered prior and I apologize for adding chaff to the thread.

MQA streams on TIDAL may be available indefinitely in some cases, correct?

I was streaming this via a Lenbrook product and noticed it was MQA.

image.thumb.png.4bf4ca5e835ae1b797ec9f991a0a0855.png

Correct, TIDAL have never officially said they are dropping MQA, though they have said they will prioritize hi-res FLAC over MQA as the file served. To a large extent this will then depend on what the record label for any particular album title has supplied them.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

14 minutes ago, firedog said:

Well, I can think of a few writers -and one in particular - who seemed to make a point of writing about MQA files in EVERY review, without exception.

Absolutely no question this was the case, very easy to see, in fact it would have been difficult to miss that this was happening. A few of those writers were pretty much wearing it on their sleeve so to speak. That behavior was evident at a glance, multiple mentions of MQA in every review.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook