IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

11 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

I have several things in my life that are grandfathered. One is my AT&T plan and the other are my 1985 Ping Eye 2 irons.

My all time favourite golf clubs. The way the hosel sat on the ground just felt right. 

Two items I really really loved, that I stupidly (no other word fits) sold, was my Linn Sondek LP12 turntable and my Ping Eye 2 irons.

I'm sure I had good reasons at the time but can't possible think of what they could possibly have been.

......... back to the evils of MQA

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

2 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Ajax, its never too late for the Ping Eye 2 irons. The set I'm using I bought this year on Ebay for around $100 2-W, S, L. The Dynamic Gold Shafts (new) cost just under $100 on Ebay. The grips were $55. They are Pure from nearby Mesa, AZ. It cost me a little over $19 a club to have them refinished (retumbled)  and assembled by a guy who built custom clubs for MacGregor in Georgia. He is on Ebay too.

Hi Indie, thanks for the follow up  information on sourcing the Ping Eye 2 clubs. Sounds like a great deal. Unfortunately my golf is not what it used to be (2 x total knee replacements) and my enthusiasm for the game has waned.

At my "prime" I played off 12 at NSW Golf Club, Botany Bay, Sydney, which IMO is Australia's premier golf course ... it is located on the ocean only 15km south of Sydney's CBD and is our "Pebble Beach". It was designed by the great Alister MacKenzie, of Augusta National and Cypress Point fame, and is a must visit for any golfer travelling from overseas. Greg Norman is a member and also our course architect. Notables I have seen out there include Arnold Palmer, Nick Faldo and President Clinton. Take a second and click on the link below, which provides a series of photos that will give you a feel for its unique beauty.

Golf Digest currently ranks the NSW Golf Club as the No.1 golf course outside the United States and the UK.

"It's one of the great golf courses I've seen, really a fun golf course. You could have some real times out here."                Arnold Palmer, 27 Nov, 2004

https://www.nswgolfclub.com.au/cms/

Back to MQA before Chris has a fit >:(

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, labjr said:

I'm getting to the age where I would describe myself more as a biscuit.

Very very funny - thanks for the laugh. It only took 238 pages but was worth the wait!!:$

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...