IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

Before all the pieces to build the audiophile nuc arrived, theoretically, what would be the best configuration for my system. hypothetically speaking.

(1) The clocked switch placing
(a) router> nuc> switch> bridgeII-Directstream
(b) router> switch> [nuc; bridgeII-Directstream]

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, mikicasellas said:

Hey Guys,

Regarding the powerful NUC7DNBE that is being used with better results, i see there are 3 different choices with the CORE i7-8650U, almost identical but with some differences.

NUC7i7DNKE, NUC7i7DNHE & NUC7i7DNBE

Question, would any of these choices would do the same task for our audio purpose?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/nuc-kit-nuc7i7dnke-nuc7i7dnhe-board-nuc7i7dnbe-brief.html

image.thumb.png.bed58267a38e927b025a8c204d0db5d7.png

DNKE and DNHE uses the same DNBE board.

Order a DBNE if you use a chassis other than stock.

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Trust me, that’s not a “mod.”  That would require a whole redesign of the circuitry on the board and addition of some chips.  No way could that ever be done as a mod. (I witnessed nearly every step of John’s redesign of the ultraRendu to produce the opticalRendu—it was not trivial! 9_9)

Instead he should use a USB to SFP converter. 

6 hours ago, Advieira said:

IMPRESSIONS ABOUT SNH-10G (sclk-ex)

Sold my Sotm Ultra Combo and replaced it for the SNH-10G switch + PS Audio Bridge II.

Setup 1

Router > Mac Mini (stock ps) > Snh-10G (stock ps)

Router > Snh-10G (stock ps)

Snh-10G (stock ps) > PS Direcstream Bridge II

Setup 2

Router > Mac Mini (stock ps) Direct Connection > SNh-10g (stock ps) > PS Directstream Bridge II

Setup 2 is clearly and undoubtedly better. Level is some db higher, more musical, more body, more everything. bridged ethernet connection is a no return config. But I will try fiber one time.

Next steps to listen (after Brazilian carnival):

Replace the dlink for a SFP input router (zerozone lps), fibered to SNH-10G.

Replace mac mini for i7dbne on Akasa (Linear Power Supply Zerozone) running OSX on M.2, Audiolinux headless and Windows Server 19, both ram mode.

Replace Snh-10g stock ps for a linear power supply (sps500 or zerozone).

I will try direct connection bridged with fiber too, using two USB to SFP adapter/converters. Its only US$25 from

chinese brand Winyao.

• 5 weeks later...