IGNORED

LKS USB-100 Digital Interface

Note that PCM left/right channels are swapped and absolute polarity reversed. For DSD, only absolute polarity is reversed.

To fix PCM channel swap, you can use the tool contained in oem117.

I have not experienced this problem with my Gustard X20Pro, everything is perfect and without updating the firmware, and about this I wanted to ask if there are sonic improvements by upgrading the firmware, because if not, I know better than to update it.

I have not experienced this problem with my Gustard X20Pro, everything is perfect and without updating the firmware, and about this I wanted to ask if there are sonic improvements by upgrading the firmware, because if not, I know better than to update it.

With DAC-X20/X20 PRO, neither the PCM channel swap nor absolute polarity inversion happens, if you follow my post #31. Compare the HDMI LVDS pin assignment of PS Audio, Gustard and L.K.S.

Hello everybody, another happy owner of this USB-100 here. Special thanks to Thinman for mentioning this DDC (I was looking for a Singxer SU-1 before) and to MINORISUKE for showing the way how to update the firmware. The L.K.S USB-100 works via I²S with my DS DAC out of the box.

There were some issues with the ASIO driver on my WHS 2012 machine. Maybe because the PS Audio ASIO driver already was installed? Not sure if you can have installed more than one of these drivers. Well, with the WASAPI driver the USB-100 worked well. After updating the firmware I got curious if I could use DSD512 under Linux and reactivated my old Daphile nettop. And yes, in the theory I could but have a first world problem now or two: I need a new or second DAC (Holo?) and a much more powerful nettop. But for now I am really happy about the purchase. My impression is the USB-100 sounds better under Linux than with the WASAPI driver.

Just wondering about the power supply if I should give the L.K.S LPS-25-USB a try or UpTone's LPS-1. I am using the 5V output of my HDPlex at the moment.

Just to be sure here - the PS Audio Directstream Dac works without any modifications with the LKS? Amazing news, then I know where to go next ;-)

Just to be sure here - the PS Audio Directstream Dac works without any modifications with the LKS? Amazing news, then I know where to go next ;-)

At least no PCM/DSD channel swaps here and concerning the absolute polarity.. I have no idea about it but everything sounds goot to me. :)

The next firmware release for the DS DAC could have a solution for such things. According to T. Smith they think about to add this:

Either auto configure I2S line polarities or put in a UI to configure them.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

Ok, I finally have taken a look at the I2S configs of the LKS and PS Audio. When I compare the configs here on the https://kitsunehifi.com/product/singxersu1black/

I guess it should look like this:

LKS (left) <--> DS DAC (right)

1 <--> 3, 3 <--> 1, 4 <--> 4, 6 <--> 6, 7 <--> 9, 9 <--> 7 and also 19 <--> 19 und 5V to 18 and GND to 17

I think I also need such HDMI breakout plugs or hrmmz.. I should have bought a Singxer.. lol

Well, again thanks to MINORISUKE for pointing that out.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

If you're referring to 1099rc1 version, I read that in DSD emits an annoying hiss that disappears by the Roll Back to 1096c3w2

I just rolled back mine to 1096c3w2 which is also the earliest firmware available. It didn't fix the DSD512 hiss/distortion issue.

I'm starting to believe the Amanero simply doesn't work on DSD512 in spite of claiming it does. I have two DDCs including the USB-100 which use the Amanero board and both of them have the same issue.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Ok, I finally have taken a look at the I2S configs of the LKS and PS Audio. When I compare the configs here on the https://kitsunehifi.com/product/singxersu1black/

I guess it should look like this:

LKS (left) <--> DS DAC (right)

1 <--> 3, 3 <--> 1, 4 <--> 4, 6 <--> 6, 7 <--> 9, 9 <--> 7 and also 19 <--> 19 und 5V to 18 and GND to 17

I think I also need such HDMI breakout plugs or hrmmz.. I should have bought a Singxer.. lol

Well, again thanks to MINORISUKE for pointing that out.

5V input is not needed for PS Audio. For PCM, this mapping is correct.

For DSD, compare L/R. They are swapped. This means you need two mappings for PCM and DSD, respectively. To avoid this, swap L/R with the tool in oem117.

• 6 months later...
36 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

I have SU-1 and USB-100. Both work at dsd512 with x20pro and Holo Spring DACs. I prefer SU-1 just slightly -- it seems to provide a slightly better isolation from the PC.

The latest driver on the Amanero site simply doesn't work on the latest firmware on Windows, let alone DSD512. Where can I get your Windows drivers that allows DSD512?