IGNORED

LKS USB-100 Digital Interface

d512.JPG

To connect USB-100 and DAC-X20 (Pro), you need the following hand-made cable.

USB-100

<--> DAC-X20

01 <--> 01, 03 <--> 03, 04 <--> 04, 06 <--> 06, 07 <--> 07, 09 <--> 09

14 <--> 15, 19 <--> 19

And you need 5V to 18 on DAC-X20 (and GND, for example, to 17).

I use USB power cable.

The latest firmware as of today is 1990c (Little Endian) and 1990BE (Big Endian).

Flash the ROM first according to the instruction on Amanero's site.

hdmi.JPG

Wow. I see you are using the USB-100, minorisuke. I take it you had to remove the case in order to accomplish the firmware update? On the amanero site they show shorting out the center and square surface pads.

Could you show the correct shorting point on the usb-100? Thanks. I am only skeptical because there is absolutely no response from the usb-100 as it is.

Thanks

https://www.shenzhenaudio.jp/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/_/-/_-2_1_3.jpg

You see 4+3 contact points. Use the two from the rear.

Firmware update is not mandatory for Windows, but the newer the firmware, the better the performance and the less the number of bugs.

Make the connection cable first. Note that 5V on No.18 is needed.

Sent from my MI PAD 2 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

My problem is that my computer will not recognize the USB-100 as any connection at all. It fails enumeration.

If I cannot find the USB-100, I will not be able to flash it.

If it fails to enumerate, it's probably dead. I'd confirm that the power supply you're using works first. Also, if you're using a split USB cable or some kind of solution like that it might not work if it doesn't detect the 5V line (like how XMOS boards work....I think!).

The connectivity is exactly the same as that of combo384. Ask the manufacturer.

PCM up to 384kHz and DoP DSD64/128 should be no problem. DSD native playback depends on Linux kernel it uses.

Bought alredy,i go to shenzhenaudio store.i2s rj45 not audio gd standard,i need change the 7-8 pins.gd use:7 mclk ,8 gnd.Lks:7dsdof 8mclk.So can connect gnd-dsdof,or don't connect this pin????

Well, I found the problem. I removed the case and there was a scratch mark at one of the chip solder points.

The manufacturer had too much solder at one connection and had tried to remove it. I was able to clean up the connections and lo and behold it worked. I also noticed some scratches on the front display. It is my opinion that the piece had been returned before. Just happy that it works now. It was purchased from Schenzhenaudio. They did agree to replace it.(shipping on my dime).

On another note.

I cannot get dsd512 to work without the hissing in one channel. dsd256 works but dsd128 sounds much fuller.

Well, I found the problem. I removed the case and there was a scratch mark at one of the chip solder points.

The manufacturer had too much solder at one connection and had tried to remove it. I was able to clean up the connections and lo and behold it worked. I also noticed some scratches on the front display. It is my opinion that the piece had been returned before. Just happy that it works now. It was purchased from Schenzhenaudio. They did agree to replace it.(shipping on my dime).

On another note.

I cannot get dsd512 to work without the hissing in one channel. dsd256 works but dsd128 sounds much fuller.

Good for you! It really is a nice interface, even though dsd512 doesn't work here as well. White noise and odd distorsion.

• 3 weeks later...

I received yesterday the USB-100 and it is wonderful, it is no problem with the PC that with my Auralic Aries. Improvement on all parameters, whereas still has not reached its power "LKS Audio LPS-25-USB" I purchased on ebay and has long lead times. By the time the food with a charger BC Master from 11 €! What I notice is a significant increase in detail, liquidity and openness of each frequency, not to mention a strong sense of analog. Besides, considering that the weak point of my Gustard X20Pro is USB interface, really disappointing. However, I am fully satisfied with the purchase and now I just have to make some changes on the DAC as suggested on the following link: http://tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/Gustard_X20_Mods.html

Hello everybody, another happy owner of this USB-100 here. Special thanks to Thinman for mentioning this DDC (I was looking for a Singxer SU-1 before) and to MINORISUKE for showing the way how to update the firmware. The L.K.S USB-100 works via I²S with my DS DAC out of the box.

There were some issues with the ASIO driver on my WHS 2012 machine. Maybe because the PS Audio ASIO driver already was installed? Not sure if you can have installed more than one of these drivers. Well, with the WASAPI driver the USB-100 worked well. After updating the firmware I got curious if I could use DSD512 under Linux and reactivated my old Daphile nettop. And yes, in the theory I could but have a first world problem now or two: I need a new or second DAC (Holo?) and a much more powerful nettop. But for now I am really happy about the purchase. My impression is the USB-100 sounds better under Linux than with the WASAPI driver.

Just wondering about the power supply if I should give the L.K.S LPS-25-USB a try or UpTone's LPS-1. I am using the 5V output of my HDPlex at the moment.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

No PCM channel swap here I already have checked it. I had this issue with the Gustard U12. But (noob question) how to check the polarity?

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro