IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Yep, I meant the upmixing process, using various tricks to create a fake surround signal from a stereo signal.

There are even some SACDs which include a multi-channel mix made from a mono signal.

Delta Music added a m-ch layer to all their CDs. Many of them seem to be based on a CD master, with frequencies cut off at 22kHz. Thanks to SACD ripping, I'm now able to check this.

SA-CD.net - Delta Music

Claude

Having a Strange computer issue since downloading jave and iso2dsd - my main mac cannot access the server on my media server whilst PC with the downloaded software is attached, says server not available, when i disable power to the pc the network works as normally and i can access the media server..anyone else had this issue ?

Hello everybody, I'm new to this Forum and I get here beacuse of finding a link in Google where I'm able to rip my SA-CD in DSD with my Oppo / Cambridge Audio devices. Now I find this thread and I'm a Little bit confused. Do I have to read all 1705 Messages or can I find a sort description somewhere - maybe with a link for downloading the actual tools and programms I will need?

Or can someone tell me the message number where the actual Information starts?

Thank you for your help!

You cannot have two devices with the same IP address in your network - and the solution is simple enough: change one of the two (the PC, for example).

No I do not have two devices with the same IP address but a Mac & Pc who both pick up on their networks the media server. PC is fully shut down but unless unplugged impact on the media server server access.

Hi everybody, I'm new to the thread but have spent a considerable time over the past few weeks reading lots of posts. I live in Australia and have an Oppo BDP 103AU. I have tried ripping an SACD using the methods outlined but am not having any success. I have placed the 3 Auto Run files in a folder on a FAT formatted 8GB usb drive but the Oppo's disk drawer does not open. I have the correct software for the Mac but it cannot see the Oppo on my home Ethernet network. I have checked and rechecked everything.

I have come the conclusion that the Oppo BDP 103AU, which was manufactured in Jan, 2016, is incompatible with the Auto Run software. Before giving up completely is there any information regarding the compatibility of this player for ripping SACDs as outlined in this forum?

Many thanks in advance.........

Hi everybody, I'm new to the thread but have spent a considerable time over the past few weeks reading lots of posts. I live in Australia and have an Oppo BDP 103AU. I have tried ripping an SACD using the methods outlined but am not having any success. I have placed the 3 Auto Run files in a folder on a FAT formatted 8GB usb drive but the Oppo's disk drawer does not open. I have the correct software for the Mac but it cannot see the Oppo on my home Ethernet network. I have checked and rechecked everything.

I have come the conclusion that the Oppo BDP 103AU, which was manufactured in Jan, 2016, is incompatible with the Auto Run software. Before giving up completely is there any information regarding the compatibility of this player for ripping SACDs as outlined in this forum?

Remove all USB drives and try this. Every Oppo 10X should work.

Move the files out of the folder into the root directory and try it again. I had the same issue as you and this fixed it for me.

Hello

mein name is anton, from Vienna, have oppo105D and can successful ripp SACD via W7. no issue,

but will make an new built with motherboard Asrock J4205 (SoC) which does not support W7 any more, and I do not like to use W10.

Well, have to install Linux, Ubuntu 16.04.2 LST.

As I could read in thread, some of you ripped SACD in Linux already,

I will appreciate whether you could give me some short instruction (eg which files, etc), as I was not linux user till now, and there were some notes in past about binar conversion/compiling of some files or simmmilar,

pls for your support in this matter

best regards from vienna

ap

Hello

mein name is anton, from Vienna, have oppo105D and can successful ripp SACD via W7. no issue,

but will make an new built with motherboard Asrock J4205 (SoC) which does not support W7 any more, and I do not like to use W10.

I will appreciate whether you could give me some short instruction (eg which files, etc), as I was not linux user till now, and there were some notes in past about binar conversion/compiling of some files or simmmilar,

best regards from vienna

ap

I have run the program in a Windows 7 Virtual Machine using Virtualbox on an iMac. The conversion of the iso to dsf is a bit slower as the VM doesn't have the resources of my Win 10 desktop, but it still gets the job done. If you have a spare copy of Win 7 available that's what I would suggest.

Hello

best regards from vienna

ap

Do you want convert ISO to DSF under Ubuntu?

There Wine used for launch of my converter. Need set limitation 1 CPU for parallel processing, because Wine don't want launch several command line utilites, need for work, simultaneously. I checked pair computers.

All may be checked in free demo version.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

Sonore's iso2dsd works fine on Ubuntu. Try installing and running it and ask if you run into problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hello everybody, I'm new to this Forum and I get here beacuse of finding a link in Google where I'm able to rip my SA-CD in DSD with my Oppo / Cambridge Audio devices. Now I find this thread and I'm a Little bit confused. Do I have to read all 1705 Messages or can I find a sort description somewhere - maybe with a link for downloading the actual tools and programms I will need?

Or can someone tell me the message number where the actual Information starts?

Thank you for your help!

I feel, nay felt your pain! I have an Oppo 103 and a Mac and after about 3 hours of back and forth between the family room and my study and chasing my tail with links to different posts and elsewhere I prevailed. It tuns out it is very easy and I prostrate myself to kiss the feet of all the smart people that made this possible.

First thing is to ignore EVERYTHING referring to telnet and ABCDEF... scrolling across the screen. That was then this is now. Meaning the instructions on post #26 (http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-oppo-or-pioneer-yes-its-true-29251/index2.html) assume a newer simpler method that doesn't involve telneting to your Oppo. The second thing is to use the ISO2DSD GUI program available from Sonore on your computer end. (Don't have the link handy. Google it.)

If you have a Mac then there may be a few steps required to convince MacOS to allow the ISO2DSD to run. If that becomes an issue let me know and I will elaborate.

Third thing is that you must put the AutoScript folder *containing* the 3 files on the root of the USB stick as per the OP's instructions. On *my* Oppo it would not work with the files at the root level.

Good luck. Godspeed. And may The Force be with you.

I feel, nay felt your pain! I have an Oppo 103 and a Mac and after about 3 hours of back and forth between the family room and my study and chasing my tail with links to different posts and elsewhere I prevailed. It tuns out it is very easy and I prostrate myself to kiss the feet of all the smart people that made this possible.

First thing is to ignore EVERYTHING referring to telnet and ABCDEF... scrolling across the screen. That was then this is now. Meaning the instructions on post #26 (http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-oppo-or-pioneer-yes-its-true-29251/index2.html) assume a newer simpler method that doesn't involve telneting to your Oppo. The second thing is to use the ISO2DSD GUI program available from Sonore on your computer end. (Don't have the link handy. Google it.)

If you have a Mac then there may be a few steps required to convince MacOS to allow the ISO2DSD to run. If that becomes an issue let me know and I will elaborate.

Third thing is that you must put the AutoScript folder *containing* the 3 files on the root of the USB stick as per the OP's instructions. On *my* Oppo it would not work with the files at the root level.

Good luck. Godspeed. And may The Force be with you.

Page 6, post # 127 contains the Mac instructions. Especially what you need to do to use the Sonore program.

Duke of Madness\"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro\" - Raoul Duke from the sports desk

Hello

I will appreciate whether you could give me some short instruction (eg which files, etc), as I was not linux user till now

Hi Anton:

I'm a fedora linux user and run the sacd_extract in a terminal window, fast and simple.

Get sacd_extract for linux from this website: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,110524.0.html

The sacd_extract file in the Autoscript folder on the usb stick is a different program with the same name!

1) Download the sacd_extract_0.3.8_64_bit.7z (64bit)

2) Get p7zip from the ubuntu repos. (sudo apt-get install p7zip)

3) Open a terminal window and cd to the download folder

4) Uncompress with: 7za e sacd_extract_0.3.8_64_bit.7z

5) Copy the file sacd_extract to your bin folder (cp sacd_extract /home/<user>/bin/ )

6) Change permission to executable with: chmod +x sacd_extract

7) Create folder for the iso or dsf's to extract to, for example: mkdir /home/<user>/sacd_rip and cd to that folder

8) Check if sacd_extract exist with: which sacd_extract

9) Do sacd_extract --help

Usage: sacd_extract [options] [outfile]

-2, --2ch-tracks : Export two channel tracks (default)

-m, --mch-tracks : Export multi-channel tracks

-e, --output-dsdiff-em : output as Philips DSDIFF (Edit Master) file

-p, --output-dsdiff : output as Philips DSDIFF file

-s, --output-dsf : output as Sony DSF file

-t, --select-track : only output selected track(s) (ex. -t 1,5,13)

-I, --output-iso : output as RAW ISO

-c, --convert-dst : convert DST to DSD

-C, --export-cue : Export a CUE Sheet

-i, --input[=FILE] : set source and determine if "iso" image,

device or server (ex. -i 192.168.1.10:2002)

-P, --print : display disc and track information

Help options:

-?, --help : Show this help message

--usage : Display brief usage message

10) To extract the iso do: sacd_extract -m -I -i <ip of Oppo>:2002 -P

11) To extract dsf's from the Oppo do: sacd_extract -m -s -c -i <ip of Oppo>:2002 -P

12) To extract dsf's from the iso file do: sacd_extract -m -s -c -i <name of iso>

Good luck.

Page 6, post # 127 contains the Mac instructions. Especially what you need to do to use the Sonore program.

i also had success with disabling auto start and playback options. Never got letters across the screen but the GUI app for extracting the files is the way to go on windows

Digital: Synology NAS DS716+II > Netgear Nighthawk AC Wireless > Oppo Sonica DAC & 105

Analogue: Sota Sapphire, Well Tempered Classic Arm (LA Labs mod), Charisma Reference One MC, AcousTech PH-1 Premium Phono

The Rest: Conrad Johnson LS-17 Preamp, Conrad Johnson 2300A, Vandersteen 3A Sigs with 2Wq sub

Google directed me to your forum when He could not give me the answer I needed.

Hoping one of you guys can.

It seems this whole thread is about SACD ripping but then streaming the file in one or other way? [maybe I missed something].

My question is:- Can an SACD be ripped; and a copy be made (on -R DVD?) and then the copy be played on any SACD player?

My question is:- Can an SACD be ripped; and a copy be made (on -R DVD?) and then the copy be played on any SACD player?

No. SACD is other optical format than DVD.

But you can write DSF to DVD. If the player can recognize DSF audio files on optical disk, you may playback DSFs for DVD.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

No. SACD is other optical format than DVD.

But you can write DSF to DVD. If the player can recognize DSF audio files on optical disk, you may playback DSFs for DVD.

Thanks so much. I'll be using the PS Audio DMP so I guess I must just wait till my unit arrives and try it!

Google directed me to your forum when He could not give me the answer I needed.

Hoping one of you guys can.

It seems this whole thread is about SACD ripping but then streaming the file in one or other way? [maybe I missed something].

Yes, a copy of an iSO, burnt to DVD-R is called SACD-R. There are many players out there (Oppos used to be among them but not any more) that are SACD-R capable. I'm gonna assume Audiventory thought you meant already extracted (to DSF or DIFF) and not just ripped to an ISO; otherwise he is wrong.

https://github.com/sacd-ripper/sacd-ripper/wiki/A-list-of-SACD-R-compatible-players.

Yes, a copy of an iSO, burnt to DVD-R is called SACD-R. There are many players out there (Oppos used to be among them but not any more) that are SACD-R capable. I'm gonna assume Audiventory thought you meant already extracted (to DSF or DIFF) and not just ripped to an ISO; otherwise he is wrong.

https://github.com/sacd-ripper/sacd-ripper/wiki/A-list-of-SACD-R-compatible-players.

Ted that sounds like good news then! I've checked the DMP's specs, and according to PSA's website it can read:-CD Standard Digital Audio; CD-R/RW CD Data Discs with audio files; HDCD High Definition CDs; SACD Super Audio CD Stereo or Multi-Channel; DVD-R/RW DVD Data Discs with audio files