IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

[quote name='tmtomh;565527

A simple set of instructions for Mac users:

1. Download Ted’s Dropbox ZIP file from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8cunli3d3...2EwCCBhya?dl=0. UnZIP' date=' and discard the “SACD Extract” folder.
    [*']Copy the Autoscript folder to the root level of an DOS/FAT32-formatted USB stick. (Other files can be on the stick - it doesn’t need to be blank)
  2. Download and install Oracle Java 8 SE Development kit for Mac from Java SE Development Kit 8 - Downloads. Macs running El Capitan 10.11 may need to disable System Integrity Protection (SIP), do the install, and then re-enable SIP: How to Disable System Integrity Protection (rootless) in OS X El Capitan | OSXDaily
  3. Download the Sonore ISO2DSD Java app joker linked to. Here’s a different link to it: Sonore ISO2DSD – V.A.M.P.
  4. UnZIP the Sonore download and move the folder into your Applications folder (or wherever you want it). Be sure to keep the .jar file and the "sacd extract" file together in the same folder, wherever you decide to put them.
  5. Power on Oppo, ensure it’s connected to your network via ethernet or wi-fi.
  6. Disable Auto-play and Auto-resume in Oppo settings.
  7. Use Oppo Remote iOS app (or whatever method you like) to find your player’s IP address on your network.
  8. Insert USB stick into any of the Oppo’s USB ports. Disk drawer will open almost immediately.
  9. Insert SACD of your choosing, close drawer with open/close button (NOT with Play button).
  10. On your Mac, launch the .jar file inside the Sonore ISO2DSD folder.
  11. In ISO2DSD window, select “from server” radio button at the top, then enter Oppo’s IP address from step 8.
  12. On righthand side of ISO2DSD window, select “raw ISO” under “output format.”
  13. Press Execute button. Ripping will start in about 10 seconds and progress bar will show.

Thank you tmtomh!!

I just followed your instructions shown above (Post #127) and it works perfectly!

Two comments: The port number, I left it at "2002". Also, I did not have to disable the system integrity protection, but because of my security settings, I did have to go to the setting in the Mac and allow permission for Sonore to run.

I am using the Oppo 105D and Mac with OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6.

Hi there,

I have just bought a new Pioneer bdp-160, and I follow this thread to rip a SACD.

When I plugin into the USB, the drive door is opened and I can put in the SACD.

However, when I try to rip the SACD, it prompt out the below error. Can anyone give me some hint to solve it?

Response result non-zero or disc opened

libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.1.89:2002 for reading

I can play SACD or Bluray disc without any problem

Thanks,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28236[/ATTACH]

I try to telnet into my bdp-160, it seem it can detect the SACD disc. But, it prompt out any error:

libsacdread: Not a ScarletBook disc!

libsacdread: Can't read Master TOC

Anything I can try?

2016-08-05_09-17-59.jpg

I try to telnet into my bdp-160, it seem it can detect the SACD disc. But, it prompt out any error:

libsacdread: Not a ScarletBook disc!

libsacdread: Can't read Master TOC

Anything I can try?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28256[/ATTACH]

Just found out this player is using CD mode to play, not SACD mode. So, I believe the SACD part has problem... I am asking the merchant to exchange another one to me...

Thanks all of your help!!!

My BPD-80FD has had no problem with hybrid discs so far (have played several).

Wonder if it's something as simple as dirt/dust on the lens not allowing it to focus correctly.

Good to hear that, so not all BDP-80FD are having problems reading hybrids ?

Just bought a new BDP-80FD. I am having the same problem as Anfield. Most hybrid CD/SACD I insert in the drive are read as "CD". In only a few of the hybrids does the display read "SACD". Moreover, even after hitting STOP twice (as per manual), I cannot toggle between CD, SACD 2CH, and SACD 4CH when a disc is loaded in the player. All single layer SACDs are read (that is according to the display) as "SACD"s.

Could you please see if you can reproduce the problem by feeding your machine a number of hybrids.

I have been on hold with Pioneer service for about one hour and cannot get them to pick up.

Jorg97 we are in the same boat. What was the manufacture date of your player ? Mine was Jan 2016. Just wonder Pioneer has problem with a batch of players. It seems the only way to switch between layers is the CD/SACD key in the remote, and there is no way setting default to SACD ?

Just found out this player is using CD mode to play, not SACD mode. So, I believe the SACD part has problem... I am asking the merchant to exchange another one to me...

Thanks all of your help!!!

After you insert a SACD disc and close the tray, does it display "SACD" or "CD" ? For hybrid discs, can you switch between layers ? My problematic BDP-80FD seems to share the same transport as your BDP-160 ?

After you insert a SACD disc and close the tray, does it display "SACD" or "CD" ? For hybrid discs, can you switch between layers ? My problematic BDP-80FD seems to share the same transport as your BDP-160 ?

It show CD, is it a defect or configuration issue?

It show CD, is it a defect or configuration issue?

Jorg97 and me have the same problem for hybrids, the display only shows "CD", the player didn't read the SACD layer. But no problem for single layer disc, it always shows "SACD" and I ripped a few already.

I'm inclined to think that it is a hardware issue, but would like to have the opinion of other BDP-160/BDP-80FD owners.

Jorg97 and me have the same problem for hybrids, the display only shows "CD", the player didn't read the SACD layer. But no problem for single layer disc, it always shows "SACD" and I ripped a few already.

I'm inclined to think that it is a hardware issue, but would like to have the opinion of other BDP-160/BDP-80FD owners.

But, I have bought 2 bdp160 from the merchant. Using same usb/software and same SACD disc, one is ok, other has this error.

Both machines are manufacted at Dec 2015.

But, I have bought 2 bdp160 from the merchant. Using same usb/software and same SACD disc, one is ok, other has this error.

Both machines are manufacted at Dec 2015.

Just to make it clear, when you operated the players as standalone blu-ray units without connecting to the Ethernet and no USB flash drive attached, one player recognized the SACD disc and the other didn't ? If so, I would think it is likely a defective unit.

Jorg97 we are in the same boat. What was the manufacture date of your player ? Mine was Jan 2016. Just wonder Pioneer has problem with a batch of players. It seems the only way to switch between layers is the CD/SACD key in the remote, and there is no way setting default to SACD ?

My BDP-80fd has a date of manufacture of September 2015.

It has had no problems with any of the hybrid discs I've ripped.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

I finally got my Oppo 103 tray to open but then got this error: Response result non-zero or disc opened libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.0.26:2002 for reading

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks a bunch!

Maybe check your firewall-antivirus-security programs/utils and see if they block the IP - Port...........

Just bought a new BDP-80FD. I am having the same problem as Anfield. Most hybrid CD/SACD I insert in the drive are read as "CD". In only a few of the hybrids does the display read "SACD". Moreover, even after hitting STOP twice (as per manual), I cannot toggle between CD, SACD 2CH, and SACD 4CH when a disc is loaded in the player. All single layer SACDs are read (that is according to the display) as "SACD"s.

Could you please see if you can reproduce the problem by feeding your machine a number of hybrids.

I have been on hold with Pioneer service for about one hour and cannot get them to pick up.

I don't have this player but try the following. Load a hybrid multichannel SACD that the player can recognize as an SACD. Select the multichannel SACD area according to the manual. Now try to play/rip a problematic hybrid disc. (I have a Pio-450 and I can toggle between CD/SACD areas only if I load a hybrid mch SACD in the player).

Latest update.... Success!

I decided to try from scratch again, so I used a different USB stick, downloaded the files, extracted the zip file, copied the AutoScript folder to the USB stick, copied the SACD_Extract folder to my PC hard drive, changed the IP Address, and this time it worked. Tried with both the ISOtoDSF gui and command prompt - both work fine.

So, even if the tray door opens once you insert the SACD, it looks like it doesn't mean all is well with the USB stick part of things - that's the only thing I changed - different USB stick and fresh install of the files - even though the previous USB stick opened the door properly.

If you get the error message Failed to connect, one thing to try (along with all the other tips and suggestions related to this post/error) is a different USB stick/fresh install of the files.

Thanks to all who provided suggestions!

...happy camper now :)

Amen to a saga that has an end. Happy ripping!

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

BTW. this method of extraction is out now more than half year. See yourself - https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yl8cffq273ebah/SACD-extract-BDP160.zip?dl=0

Person behind this is from Ukraine, Kiev, i belive.

Got my new Pioneer BDP-170 delivered today, and:

Using the package from the link above, I managed to get my the BDP-170 ripping away in less than 5 minutes (including the needed changes for auto-play (off) and resume (off) excecuted).

That was freaky fast and easy - much easier than the "old" PS3 method ...

I will get some rips done today to see if everything will go on smoothly, but it lookes promising ;-)

Thanks to all involved!

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

Thanks. It looks only some BDP-80FD and BDP-160 are having problem reading hybrid discs, even as standalone blu ray player.

I will monitor my BDP-80fd for this problem, hopefully it won't crop up on my machine.

One thought as to the exact problem cause is shipping damage rather than defective product from the factory. Most manufacturers such as Pioneer have very good QC practices and extremely low defective rates.

On the other hand, I was thoroughly unimpressed with the packaging on my unit and thought it really should have been double boxed by Amazon, though in their defense they wouldn't necessarily know the carton's insides don't even have Styrofoam end caps, just folded die cut card board.

Back in the good ole' days, disc players often had transit screws to lock the player mechanism in place during shipping. You had to loosen those transit screws to free up the disc drive before using the machine. It protected the drive mechanism from rough ground shipment handling.

I wonder if these machines are prone to shipping damage where either the laser itself or the linear slide mechanism can be damaged or misaligned through rough treatment by the shipping carriers.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

To be fair to Oppo, when they removed ISO file support from their 93/95 players by firmware update, it was listed in the changelog, although ISO support was not an advertised feature of the players.

Concerning the risk of having SACD ripping removed/prevented in future firmware, I'm not sure this will happen.

ISO file support was removed because of Blu-ray, not SACD. The pressure came from the movie industry

On the other hand, SACD-R disc support was never removed from the Oppo 93/95 by firmware update, although it is also linked to SACD ripping.

Are you certain about this? Because this is most definitely not what I recall.

What I recall is that Oppo pulled the SACD-R Support from their 93 and 95, as well as the 103 and 105 at the same time that they added the ISO Support to the 103 and the 105. You had to stop accepting firmware updates on any of these players at that time, or you permanently lost the ability to play SACD-Rs.

What I don't recall for sure is whether they added the ISO support to the 93 and 95 at the time or not. But I seem to recall that they did. However since I have not updated my Oppo's firmware from the point when they stripped the SACD-R feature, I can't test any of this without risking losing my ability to play SACD-Rs permanently.

If you own a fully up-to-date 93 or 95 I'd be very interested in knowing if you have actually tested the ability to play SACD-Rs anytime in the last couple of years.

I will get some rips done today to see if everything will go on smoothly, but it lookes promising ;-)

Quoting myself to give some further impressions after I managed to flawlessly rip five SACDs in a row.

The Pioneer BDP-170 is connected to my router via LAN (cable), and I tested ripping on both of my Windows PCs:

- one with Windows 7 (desktop, connected via LAN-cable)

- the other with Windows 10 (laptop, connected via WiFi)

No problems on both systems so far.

I got the higher speed on the desktop PC (maybe because of my mediocre WiFi setup), with ripping speeds just below 3.0 mb/second.

this is about 0,5 mb/second faster as the fastest ripping speed I could manage to get with my PS3s (depending mostly on the used thumb drive / stick).

This is just great!

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II