IGNORED

Change to my System

First, thanks to everyone for your helpful comments on changes I could make to my system, which (did) consist of Mac Mini/Roon to Parasound P5's USB DAC input, out to a Rythmik sealed 15" sub, Acoustat TNT-120 amp to Acoustat Model 3 speakers.

I did use some of your suggestions, and they did greatly improve my sound. However, I have made a change that has me at last reaching sonic Nirvana! I just got a Bose Wave Radio off of e-bay. I am floored by the sound quality of this baby. It sounds like the Cleveland Symphony is in my living room! Now my only problem is what to do with all my superfluous audiophile gear.

That's great to hear. I managed to trade my VPI for a Crosley record player with a usb output, it's been fantastic to make MP3s of my favorite albums. I can now play them on my Sylvania mini system that I swapped for an old Luxman amp with those silly tubes.

happy listenings.

I just got a Bose Wave Radio off of e-bay. I am floored by the sound quality of this baby. It sounds like the Cleveland Symphony is in my living room! Now my only problem is what to do with all my superfluous audiophile gear.
Have you had your ears examined recently? :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

That's great to hear. I managed to trade my VPI for a Crosley record player with a usb output, it's been fantastic to make MP3s of my favorite albums. I can now play them on my Sylvania mini system that I swapped for an old Luxman amp with those silly tubes..

I used to have a USB turntable but I found that this one sounds just as good and there is no need to clean the records:

fp_record_player.jpg

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I used to have a USB turntable but I found that this one sounds just as good and there is no need to clean the records:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25066[/ATTACH]

I think you'll find that Edison wax cylinders have a much more "analog" sound. Just like being in the room with the artist.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

He said Bose Radio, not speakers...

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

He said Bose Radio, not speakers...
Doesn't matter which one he referred to. The post was dated April 1. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Doesn't matter which one he referred to. The post was dated April 1. :)

Heheheee :D

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Methinks it's not his ears that need examining, it's what's between them!

I just bought a used I. Lirpa turntable on Audiogon. It turns at only 16 and two-thirds RPMs and then converts the analog audio to digital and doubles the speed digitally. It also tracks at 0.5 kilograms, because professor Lirpa says that you really have to get way-down deep into the groove to get everything out of the record that's there. Unfortunately, you can only play each record once, but after that you have a perfect digital copy of the record and don't really need it any more!

George