IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

Ringo Starr and his All Star Band. June 23. Tel Aviv.

That will make it 3 of 4 Beatles I've seen perform. Don't think I'm going to get a chance to see John Lennon....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2018 at 3:00 AM, watercourse said:

Funny story, @Musicophile made a comment about the two Avishai Cohens being a point of confusion that should be fixed, and he and I traded some posts about musicians with same/similar names being confusing/funny. Meanwhile, I had forgotten that I had reserved an Avishai Cohen CD from my local library, and it arrived today. Guess what? I thought it was the trumpet guy when I reserved it, and it turned out to be the senior Avishai Cohen of the six-string and voice. You win, @Musicophile, it is definitely confusing!

However, equally interesting is that I really like the subterranean-Cohen's new album, 1970. On paper, it doesn't sound appealing to me, but I'm listening to it now and I'm really enjoying it. Positive vibes for trying times here in la la land.

So the moral of the story is that confusion may ultimately lead to enlightenment. I've seen the brass-Cohen live, and now that I know of his existence, I will not avoid the subterranean-Cohen if he ever swings to the PNW...

Roon still can't tell the trumpeter and the bassist apart.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Superdad said:

I donated all my old business suits years ago (at least the ones the wool moths had not eaten), and I'm having a hard time picking a sport coat/suit jacket that would work for these weddings. Now I am sort of toying with the idea of going full floppy--though I am sure my wife would veto it...

Swore never to wear a tie again about 30 years ago, and haven't. Last wedding I went to I wore a blue blazer (open), grey slacks, and a nice black pullover shirt. Black walking shoes.

Looked fine, was comfortable, and I don't think anyone cared. The world has changed - for the better, IMHO, and more casual is acceptable today.