IGNORED

The $3K all in exercize.

plissken

SO, here are some ideas I came up with...

The all in one... Peachtree Nova65SE Integrated Amp & DAC at Music Direct

Integrated: Marantz PM8005 Integrated Amp at Music Direct

More power: Peachtree SonaDAC/AMP Bundle at Music Direct

Speakers: Focal Chorus 806V Bookshelf Speakers (Pr) at Music Direct

Focal Chorus 726 V Tower Speakers (Pr) at Music Direct

Dragonfly DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC at Music Direct

Jitterbug: AudioQuest Jitterbug USB Filter at Music Direct

Pick and choose from the list... That took me two minutes, I am sure with more time put into it there are a ton of options out there. This list assumes you already have a computer.

No electron left behind.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, GUTB said:

I’m neurotypical. I’m reality-based. Obviously I make mistakes but I’m a better source for audiophile advice than Massdrop.

Do you know what those words mean?  The fact you keep telling us you consider yourself "neurotypical" makes me think you aren't.  Maybe you should go get some professional help.  I am not even saying this to be mean, I am being serious here GUTB.  Perhaps you have an as yet undiagnosed neuro non typical thing going on.  That's okay, I know a lot of high functioning people with autism, but you have to learn how to communicate better with others that see the world differently than you do.  Otherwise, you'll get nowhere.  Especially with arrogance and condescension grounded in nonsense.

No electron left behind.

58 minutes ago, Rexp said:

Do you think because the majority dont value gutb's forthright opinions that the majority must be right? I take the opposite view. One of the reasons I trust gutb's opinion is that he runs a turntable unlike the majority of posters and that makes him a true audiophile.

I run 2 turntables...  What does that make me?

No electron left behind.

The OP, Plissken, was a thought experiment, not him trying to find an actual system.

Yes, you be supportive, you make your recommendations, and be happy that he enjoys music as much as you (maybe?) do.  If you want everyone to enjoy what you consider High End Sound, then you should be offering to pay for it.  Speaking of which, I need a check for 24K to reimburse me for my recent upgrades...

edit:  I'll make you a deal and subtract the amount I sold my replaced gear for...

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, GUTB said:

So why the hypocrisy? Why aren’t you recommending components that you consider good?

Did you read the first page of this discussion?  I don't think so, or you would have seen my recommendations. Furthermore, what does that have to do with your comments and hypocrisy on my part?

No electron left behind.

I am convinced GUTB is either an AI gone rogue, or a person here simply to see how much he can antagonize other people simply for his own amusement.  No woman would do that, they are too smart. I just can't figure out why he is here at all. If you are a real person, I stand by my earlier assessment.  You need to go see a professional.

No electron left behind.

7 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

1.  I have never read a novel in my life and am not about to start now.

2.  There is only one authoritative book in the world i live.

3.  I don't need to read any book, nor to dig any deeper than the common sense in my own mind.

I never suggested that IQ has any significant meaning, and even said that i have a very high iQ, but that I am a stupid fool....so that should show you how much relevance I place on IQ on anything that matters in life....regardless of any of that, i agree to disagree with you and "your book".

/end

Clearly no more discussion needed.

No electron left behind.