IGNORED

Oppo BDP-10[3/5](d) and multichannel DSD playback

I've never referred to « DSD64 (DSF file)

Huh? The OP has DSD files (not a disc; if he had discs he could HDMI them from lord knows how many universal players to any AVR that accepts DSD-over-HDMI!!). He never mentioned discs, and yet you started a tangential idea about him owning a 7007. Why? It does not meet any aspect of the OP's thread questions. The 707 doesn't even accept DSD files in any format. Net/net, what was your point?

Mike Pinkerton, yes the all 10x players (with updated firmware) will accept and play back multichannel DSF files (but from local storage, not via USB from a computer..the Oppo 105 is a USB dac, but only 2 channel).

what was your point?

Here, I've underlined it for you (that, as Mike had no feedback and feeling unseen, perhaps he could've shared with me what he knows) :

Since you've a Marantz AV8801' date=' have you researched into their UD7007 ?
Well, the subsequent replies...

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

No need to underline product names (or highlight Mike's name), we can read fine. I know the products. Marrying a Marantz universal player (that does no DSD file playback) to his Marantz AVR is completely irrelevant to his request. And we've now said that a few times. He has multichannel DSF files (like what we sell from NativeDSD) and wants to know how to play them back on an eligible Oppo. Why do you think he would want a 7007, a machine that several of us have already confirmed does not feature DSD file playback, let alone multichannel? To simply be an all-Marantz rack??

ted_b, we've had arguments before, and I want no more to discuss your disgraceful interpretations hereafter, you're now on my Ignore List

It's there on-the-record, simply : « have you researched into their UD7007 ? »

And you, obviously, didn't comprehend my previous reply

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

ted_b' date=' we've had arguments before, and I want no more to discuss your disgraceful interpretations hereafter, you're now on my [i']Ignore List[/i]

It's there on-the-record, simply : « have you researched into their UD7007 ? »

And you, obviously, didn't comprehend my previous reply

Your previous reply was simple underlining, bolding and playing with fonts of what you'd already said (as if to imply us readers as idiots). My responses were due to your incorrectly chiding folks like Eloise for not fully understanding the relevance of the 7007, which in fact is completely irrelevant. The OP much earlier asked you to quit recommending irrelevant products and filling up this thread with irrelevant pictures and pdfs of hardware. You did neither. Nothing nefarious here, dude. But if I am finally being ignored by you, I can only thank you. There is a Santa Claus after all.

Message to the OP'r

1/ Mike make darn sure you are not going to start being annoyed by the Oppo's inability to stream DSD gapless via DLNA before you purchase an Oppo purely for DSD streaming

There has been a lot written about the lack of gapless in the Oppo over the years and as far as I know it is now a fact that this can not be rectified via a firmware upgrade. It is due to hardware limitations.

The exasound e28/PP combo now looks like a serious contender to replace my Oppo because lack of gapless becomes seriously annoying with time.. trust me on this :)

2/ Mike avoid HDMI if possible and stay with 5.1 MCH analog inputs if you can into your receiver or direct into power amps... There are still some AVR's with MCH inputs being released (though it is a dying feature alas)

3/ Mike you can use A+ on a mac to achieve what you want into an e28 but the e28 doesn't have HDMI out.

Just my 2 C on all this.

Wap

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

I stress again Mike.

Gaps become really annoying...

This is particularly relevant to DSD MCH because as you are probably aware so many important works of DSD MCH (like DSOTM for example) are ruined by gaps...

Cheers

Wap

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra