IGNORED

Is there a free media player that play back DSD files without converting them.

PAP

Is there a free media player that play back DSD files without converting them?

Windows or Mac?

On Windows I believe Foobar with a helper/plugin or two will do it. Mac, can't think of one right now, but maybe someone else will.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Thanks.

It is for a friend of mine.

He would prefer something really simple like vlc player.

So he can right click the file and ''say open with''.

You can do that with foobar once you set it up to do that.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

hi, try this Player. ist a "light" Version of foobar:

百度云 请输入提取密码

shpongle

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

hi pap

why you did not try the Player in my earlier post?it's just that, what you looking for.here are some Infos:

FoobarDSD Mini Player | ARTT Labs

shpongle

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

hi pap

why you did not try the Player in my earlier post?it's just that, what you looking for.here are some Infos:

FoobarDSD Mini Player | ARTT Labs

shpongle

Can't get the download link there to work. Do you have a link that will let us download the software?

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

hi firedog

did You use the Password?it's next to the downloadlink!

shpongle

hi pap,

open this link:FoobarDSD Mini Player | ARTT Labs

copy the Password next to the downloadlink.

now is only one thing to do :after install- open preferences-asio out,klick on foo-dsd-asio and Chose your usb- dac asio Driver.

hi i've no problem to download in my browser it Looks like thisfoodsd.PNG

I didn't get any warnings and it isntalled fine. Unfortunately I get no sound when it plays back files. And I did change the output driver to the proper one for my setup. Not a problem with any other software.

In order to play back DSD files, you'll also need media player software that can handle it. No, iTunes and Windows Media Player don't (on their own). Here's a list of DSD compatible media players.

DSD Media Player Software

For PC Users:

Signalyst HQPlayer ($172)

Foobar2000 (free)

JPlay (99EUR)

J River Media Center ($49.98)

Teac HR Audio Player (free) for use with the Teac UD-501 DAC

For Mac Users:

Audirvana Plus ($74)

Channel D Pure Music ($129)

J River Media Center ($49.98)

Teac HR Audio Player (free) for use with the Teac UD-501 DAC

hi

Oops, you forgot that HQPlayer works for Mac, even the latest 10.10.5 el Cap OS.

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.

hi pap,

open this link:FoobarDSD Mini Player | ARTT Labs

copy the Password next to the downloadlink.

now is only one thing to do :after install- open preferences-asio out,klick on foo-dsd-asio and Chose your usb- dac asio Driver.

Hi shpongle

working now. i was pressing the wrong buttons. Google translate cleared it up.:)

playing the free iFi sampler as I am writing this.

Thanks for your patience!

Thousand Shades of Blue, After Silence and Impromptu sounds great in DSD.

ifiidac2v9300sahdow.jpg link ;iDAC2 +

or; iFi micro iDAC2 Music Sampler

hi pap

great, that's it working now!

DSD it's the best digital source for me ,very Close to Vinyl.

yes bughead is a very good Player,but Need some knowledge to configure.

the only english thread :Computer Audio - JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

shpongle