IGNORED

Led Zep: Presence, Coda, and In Through the Out Door released on July 31!

Acc'd to Amazon. All three in CD, Deluxe CD, Vinyl, and 24/96 Download.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Available now at HDT, Pono, and others. Pono is significantly cheaper unless you have an HDT code.

HDJuly31 will get you 15% off, if you buy at least 2 albums.

I downloaded Presence. DR is 10; sound is pretty good, but not a knockout.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Oh, sure. It's good; it's just not earthshattering, or even some wonderful improvement over what I had before.

But it's a good modern, clear sounding hi-res remaster - something I pretty much always like. And it only has moderate volume compression added, so it's okay. I prefer it to the 2005 CD. I don't have the vinyl or a vinyl rip, so I'm pleased with it.

That's pretty much what I think of all the high res releases LZ releases so far. The only one I was disappointed by was Physical Graffitti - I prefer my vinyl rip to that one. If they hadn't added the volume compression I'd like them all more.

I've posted on the other thread, but which one you guys considered the best sounding for you opinion? I am looking for IV and Presence. Over the web I compared IV with the old release: Led Zeppelin IV | Led Zeppelin – Télécharger et écouter l'album and the new one: Led Zeppelin IV (HD Remastered Deluxe Edition) | Led Zeppelin – Télécharger et écouter l'album which is of course more expensive and I like the first one. On DR Database it has DR not degraded like the recent remasters. What do you think?

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata