IGNORED

Play Qobuz to any streamer with BubbleUPnP (Android)

I have hiby installed too. You can access music files stored on your pc via hiby uPnP/dlna. But you have to make your pc as dlna server.

Ha! Didn't spot that function, will give it a go later, will be interesting to see how it sounds compared to the files stored on my phone. Thanks!

Hello bubbleguuum, thanks a lot for your integration of Qobuz into BubbleUPnP !!! What is the path for the streamed music - the "Qobuz" menu is to be found under "Local Media Server" - does this mean, that BubbleUPnP is more than a mere control point, which directs the music from its source to the renderer? Best, Martin

Hello bubbleguuum, thanks a lot for your integration of Qobuz into BubbleUPnP !!! What is the path for the streamed music - the "Qobuz" menu is to be found under "Local Media Server" - does this mean, that BubbleUPnP is more than a mere control point, which directs the music from its source to the renderer? Best, Martin

Depending on the renderer, BubbleUPnP either proxy the stream or has the renderer stream it directly.

In both cases, there's no difference in audio quality, it is the same data.

Proxying is not the most common case and used mostly for strict DLNA devices such as TVs.

HiFi streamers do not generally require proxying.

Hi Bubblegum, Will any of the Bubble products work on a Windows computer by using one of the available programs that allow Android apps to play on Windows?

You should be able to run BubbleUPnP using BlueStacks or a in a VM running android-x86 (heavy solution).

• 5 months later...

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. I have a Plinius Toko as a streamer, and to get Tidal, I need to use Bubble and I also use Asset UPNP. And I need to use Linn Kazoo or Lumin apps on the iPad, from which I can stream local music and that from Tidal. But I'm on the Qobuz 15 day trial....and that does not show up on any app I have...any help appreciated

Hi DaliFan6

By "Bubble" and the fact that you are able to get your standard UPnP Plinius Toko renderer to stream TIDAL using the Kazoo & Lumin OpenHome controller apps (not normally usable with standard UPnP renderers), I presume you mean you are using the BubbleUPnP Server helper application (and not the similarly named BubbleUPnP Android app).

Last I heard Qobuz have yet to give permision for the BubbleUPnP Server to provide proxy support, similar to the way it does with TIDAL, so the feature remains disabled. This unfortunately means that the Qobuz option will remain missing from the Kazoo & Lumin apps, when using the BubbleUPnP Server to provide OpenHome emulation for standard UPnP streamers. Qobuz should of course be available in those apps for 'real' OpenHome streamers with native support for Qobuz, such as the Linn devices.

If you have or can get hold of an Android device, you could always install and use the BubbleUPnP app on it, as that should certainly allow the Plinius Toko to stream from Qobuz and is of course the original subject of this thread.

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Hi DaliFan6

By "Bubble" and the fact that you are able to get your standard UPnP Plinius Toko renderer to stream TIDAL using the Kazoo & Lumin OpenHome controller apps (not normally usable with standard UPnP renderers), I presume you mean you are using the BubbleUPnP Server helper application (and not the similarly named BubbleUPnP Android app).

Last I heard Qobuz have yet to give permision for the BubbleUPnP Server to provide proxy support, similar to the way it does with TIDAL, so the feature remains disabled. This unfortunately means that the Qobuz option will remain missing from the Kazoo & Lumin apps, when using the BubbleUPnP Server to provide OpenHome emulation for standard UPnP streamers. Qobuz should of course be available in those apps for 'real' OpenHome streamers with native support for Qobuz, such as the Linn devices.

If you have or can get hold of an Android device, you could always install and use the BubbleUPnP app on it, as that should certainly allow the Plinius Toko to stream from Qobuz and is of course the original subject of this thread.

John

Thanks for that John...I've cancelled my trial of Qobuz...silly of them not to grant the permission. Tidal is establishing itself more I think for the Hi Fi market.....I certainly think it makes a good enough source. And what with them bringing in Higher Res streaming this year....the day of the Physical CD is all but over!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Bubbleguuum,

That is excellent news indeed! Are you planning on providing automatic proxy support similar to that with TIDAL, via the BubbleUPnP Server and OpenHome renderers created by it?

John

Yes that's the plan if I get the go ahead from Qobuz. It is already implemented btw :)

For those who don't know, it would mean the ability to use Linn Kazoo to play Qobuz to any UPnP/DLNA standard renderer.

Looks like Qobuz have now given the go ahead, given BubbleUPnP Server's recent update, 0.9-update12 (Jan 26th 2016), to enable Qobuz access via its OpenHome renderer emulator function:

BubbleUPnP Server

Thanks for that John...I've cancelled my trial of Qobuz...silly of them not to grant the permission. Tidal is establishing itself more I think for the Hi Fi market.....I certainly think it makes a good enough source. And what with them bringing in Higher Res streaming this year....the day of the Physical CD is all but over!
Shame - you were about two weeks to soon! Certainly worth seeing if you can another Qobuz trial.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Looks like Qobuz have now given the go ahead, given BubbleUPnP Server's recent update, 0.9-update12 (Jan 26th 2016), to enable Qobuz access via its OpenHome renderer emulator function:

BubbleUPnP Server

Shame - you were about two weeks to soon! Certainly worth seeing if you can another Qobuz trial.

It's fine, I saw that the Qobuz emblem all of a sudden became available for me in the Linn Kazoo App, so I immediately tried it and have since cancelled Tidal for Qobuz Sublime.

Much happier with Qobuz and may the new owners take it from strength to strength.

Thanks

James

• 2 months later...

Hi bubblegumm,

Thanks for your efforts in making Tidal and Qobuz available with bubbleupnpserver.

I had a small pb this morning with the last revision of bubbleupnpserver.

I installed it yesterday and it worked flawlessly for one day. I rebooted the Mac this morning, made sure that bubbleupnpserver was launched correctly, but could not connect to Qobuz and received the message "Qobuz is not available, Your DS needs to be running Davaar 29 or later' from Linn Kazoo I am using as a remote controller.

Any idea why ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi bubblegumm,

Thanks for your efforts in making Tidal and Qobuz available with bubbleupnpserver.

I had a small pb this morning with the last revision of bubbleupnpserver.

I installed it yesterday and it worked flawlessly for one day. I rebooted the Mac this morning, made sure that bubbleupnpserver was launched correctly, but could not connect to Qobuz and received the message "Qobuz is not available, Your DS needs to be running Davaar 29 or later' from Linn Kazoo I am using as a remote controller.

Any idea why ?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the report.

There was an issue on a cloud server necessary for proper operation, that I fixed.

Simply restart BubbleUPnP Server and you'll have Qobuz again.

Bubbleguuum-

Since updating to the latest version of BubbleUpnP Server on my Synology NAS, I get an "HTTP Error 404-not found" message when I click on the url.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

Bubbleguuum-

Since updating to the latest version of BubbleUpnP Server on my Synology NAS, I get an "HTTP Error 404-not found" message when I click on the url.

If your Synology was updated to DSM 6, you need to install Oracle java 8 and reinstall the BubbleUPNP Server package (redownload it from bubblesoftapps.com). See instructions.

And if you are using Minimserver then your DSM 6.0 update has ramifications there too.

Read this thread (takes 10 min) to know the steps for your version of Synology's OS.

DSM 6 Synology and MinimServer

And if you are using Minimserver then your DSM 6.0 update has ramifications there too.

Read this thread (takes 10 min) to know the steps for your version of Synology's OS.

DSM 6 Synology and MinimServer

Yes, I have MinimServer, Bubbleupnp Server and DSM6 all updated and running.

Now, I can't get Tidal on Lumin control App on my iPad. I went to the status tab on BubbleUpnp server and get this message:

HTTP: ERROR: connectivity server error: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated.

I set up a rule in for port forwarding:

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 12.58.54 PM.jpg

Still does not work. Any more ideas. Tidal worked fine for me before all of the updates were made.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

I am using BubbleUPnP Server to stream music from Qobuz, and play music served by JRiver on my Mac.

I have defined the DLNA Server options in JRiver to upsample the music played to 24/192. This works great when the music is played with BubbleUPnP Server/Lumin controller.

I could not find any option to obtain the same result when playing music streamed from Qobuz. Is there a way to upsample this music as well ? Do you have plans to provide this kind of options ?

Thanks again for the great job ;)

Yes, I have MinimServer, Bubbleupnp Server and DSM6 all updated and running.

Now, I can't get Tidal on Lumin control App on my iPad. I went to the status tab on BubbleUpnp server and get this message:

HTTP: ERROR: connectivity server error: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated.

I set up a rule in for port forwarding:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25168[/ATTACH]

Still does not work. Any more ideas. Tidal worked fine for me before all of the updates were made.

Thanks to Bubbleguuum, I realized that I did not have the right version of Java8 installed.

Here was the fix Bubbleguuum sent:

You are using Java 1.8 update 60:

[main (1) ] INFO - 19:00:00.46 - Main : java.version: 1.8.0_60

Upgrade to Oracle Java 8 update 77 as described here:

Installing MinimServer on a Synology NAS

Great service and a great product. Thank you.