IGNORED

Play Qobuz to any streamer with BubbleUPnP (Android)

Hi,

I added Qobuz support to BubbleUPnP v2.4 released yesterday (Qobuz screenshots).

With a Qobuz HiFi subscription you can use it to play FLAC to any UPnP/DLNA streamer supporting FLAC (it will fallback to mp3 if FLAC is not supported). All Qobuz account types are supported, including Qobuz Sublime (Hi-Res streaming of Hi-Res purchases). You can even use a free account to stream 30s samples.

If you have any problem streaming Qobuz to your streamer, let me know here.

This version has some improvements for TIDAL as well with a few more browse categories added.

Hi Bubbleguuum,

That is excellent news indeed! Are you planning on providing automatic proxy support similar to that with TIDAL, via the BubbleUPnP Server and OpenHome renderers created by it?

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Hi Bubbleguuum,

That is excellent news indeed! Are you planning on providing automatic proxy support similar to that with Tidal, via the BubbleUPnP Server and OpenHome renderers created by it?

John

Yes that's the plan if I get the go ahead from Qobuz. It is already implemented btw :)

For those who don't know, it would mean the ability to use Linn Kazoo to play Qobuz to any UPnP/DLNA standard renderer.

Hi,

I added Qobuz support to BubbleUPnP v2.4 released yesterday (Qobuz screenshots).

With a Qobuz HiFi subscription you can use it to play FLAC to any UPnP/DLNA streamer supporting FLAC (it will fallback to mp3 if FLAC is not supported). All Qobuz account types are supported, including Qobuz Sublime (Hi-Res streaming of Hi-Res purchases). You can even use a free account to stream 30s samples.

This version has some improvements for TIDAL as well with a few more browse categories added.

Thanks Bubbleguuum, now no need to use LMS anymore!

Hi,

Can you explain me how's this work please? If I have Qobuz desktop app running on my PC, can I stream it to my Android phone running an app which support DLNA/UPNP? I'm looking to find a way to stream Qobuz to an app called USB Audio Player Pro which is running on my Android phone. The app has DLNA/UPNP capability.

Can you explain me how's this work please? If I have Qobuz desktop app running on my PC, can I stream it to my Android phone running an app which support DLNA/UPNP? I'm looking to find a way to stream Qobuz to an app called USB Audio Player Pro which is running on my Android phone. The app has DLNA/UPNP capability.

There's no way to use USB Audio Player, as BubbleUPnP does not expose the Qobuz browse tree via DLNA, unlike some other cloud services for file storage (Dropbox and the likes). There's a legitimate reason it is not exposed.

If your devices is running Android Lollipop, it supports USB DACs directly and BubbleUPNP should use it automatically for output if the local renderer is the active renderer.

Download Bubble UPnP app to your Android phone and play Qobuz/TIDAL directly from there (found under 'cloud' tab). TIDAL sounds better playing this way than via the TIDAL app for me. It also allows you to access and play file stored on your computer/NAS (UPnP enabled), TIDAL sounds better than my stored WAV files- not sure why, let me know your findings.

Download Bubble UPnP app to your Android phone and play Qobuz/TIDAL directly from there (found under 'cloud' tab). TIDAL sounds better playing this way than via the TIDAL app for me. It also allows you to access and play file stored on your computer/NAS (UPnP enabled), TIDAL sounds better than my stored WAV files- not sure why, let me know your findings.

The problem is I can only connect my dac to my android smartphone either via usb audio player pro app or hibby player app. The sound quality of these two apps are outstanding. My smartphone running Android Lollipop can't connect natively to my dac.

What I'm trying to do is looping bubble upnp app to usb audio player pro app since this app is upnp/dlna compatible.

It's unfortunate that the USB Audio Player Pro app's support of UPnP/DLNA network file streaming doesn't extend to being a UPnP/DLNA renderer (aka DMR), ie, with music file selection from the UPnP/DLNA media server and playback control by using an external UPnP/DLNA control point app. It only supports UPnP/DLNA streaming as a UPnP/DLNA player (aka DMP), ie, UPnP/DLNA media server music file selection and playback control using itself.

You can only use the BubbleUPnP app as a UPnP control point if you want to use its TIDAL and Qobuz support.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

It's unfortunate that the USB Audio Player Pro app's support of UPnP/DLNA network file streaming doesn't extend to being a UPnP/DLNA renderer (aka DMR), ie, with music file selection from the UPnP/DLNA media server and playback control by using an external UPnP/DLNA control point app. It only supports UPnP/DLNA streaming as a UPnP/DLNA player (aka DMP), ie, UPnP/DLNA media server music file selection and playback control using itself.

You can only use the BubbleUPnP app as a UPnP control point if you want to use its TIDAL and Qobuz support.

This is a very good explanation especially on the DMR vs DMP difference.

Thank you Cebolla.

There's no way to use USB Audio Player, as BubbleUPnP does not expose the Qobuz browse tree via DLNA, unlike some other cloud services for file storage (Dropbox and the likes). There's a legitimate reason it is not exposed.

If your devices is running Android Lollipop, it supports USB DACs directly and BubbleUPNP should use it automatically for output if the local renderer is the active renderer.

Finally I find a way!!!

This is how to get Qobuz in BubbleUPNP to work with USB Audio Player Pro app:

1. Open Qobuz in BubbleUPNP, select an album, save this album as BubbleUPNP playlist (remember not to save it as Qobuz playlist).

2. Open USB Audio Player Pro app, select BubbleUPNP (under UPNP/DLNA), play the saved playlist.

Very nice. Many thanks for including Qobuz streaming in BubbleUPNP.

Finally I find a way!!!

This is how to get Qobuz in BubbleUPNP to work with USB Audio Player Pro app:

1. Open Qobuz in BubbleUPNP, select an album, save this album as BubbleUPNP playlist (remember not to save it as Qobuz playlist).

2. Open USB Audio Player Pro app, select BubbleUPNP (under UPNP/DLNA), play the saved playlist.

Very nice. Many thanks for including Qobuz streaming in BubbleUPNP.

Nice one! Bet it sounds way better than via your PC. One thing, does your DAC receive data in native format (16/44.1) from your phone as I heard lollipop up samples everything to 16/48?

Hi

Nice one! Bet it sounds way better than via your PC. One thing, does your DAC receive data in native format (16/44.1) from your phone as I heard lollipop up samples everything to 16/48?

IMO Android + USB Audio Player Pro has the best sound quality compare to my heavily tweaked mac mini, macbook pro, beaglebone black, banana pro, and cd player.

I'm using USB Audio Player Pro app that bypass Android Lollipop sound output. This is amazing app, zero coloration, highly detailed, extremely transparent. Output bit perfect, no dowsampling/upsampling. Support samba and upnp/dnla. DSD via dop. Best of all, it costs less than usd10.

Be careful with Lollipop, not all android device can connect dac natively with Lollipop (mine doesn't). It depends on the phone that you are using.

Streaming Qobuz via bubbleupnp + USB Audio Player Pro just sound excellent. Many thanks for including Qobuz on bubbleupnp.

Hi

IMO Android + USB Audio Player Pro has the best sound quality compare to my heavily tweaked mac mini, macbook pro, beaglebone black, banana pro, and cd player.

I'm using USB Audio Player Pro app that bypass Android Lollipop sound output. This is amazing app, zero coloration, highly detailed, extremely transparent. Output bit perfect, no dowsampling/upsampling. Support samba and upnp/dnla. DSD via dop. Best of all, it costs less than usd10.

Be careful with Lollipop, not all android device can connect dac natively with Lollipop (mine doesn't). It depends on the phone that you are using.

Streaming Qobuz via bubbleupnp + USB Audio Player Pro just sound excellent. Many thanks for including Qobuz on bubbleupnp.

I totally agree Android sounds best, how does Qobuz sound compared to the music stored on your phone?

Hi,

Bubbleguuum what happened with the new release? I just got the latest update and now Bubbleupnp playlist can't be opened in USB Audio Player Pro. Can I rollback to the old version please?

I totally agree Android sounds best, how does Qobuz sound compared to the music stored on your phone?

I must say the SQ gap between the Qobuz streaming with the hires files is getting closer. But hires files still sounds better to my ears.

Bubbleguuum what happened with the new release? I just got the latest update and now Bubbleupnp playlist can't be opened in USB Audio Player Pro. Can I rollback to the old version please?

What happened is that the workaround you found was not intended.

If it was intended, I would have made possible to browse Qobuz fully from USB Audio Player via UPnP.

Now I understand you will be disappointed, and I'm sorry for that. But I had to fix it.

However all is not lost: if you can convince the USB Audio Player developer to make it an UPnP renderer, then you'll be able to use BubbleUPNP to play to it (or send content from any other UPnP app).

Since there's already UPnP/DLNA browsing ability, maybe he will be opened to this idea.

And it will make his app even more useful.

What happened is that the workaround you found was not intended.

If it was intended, I would have made possible to browse Qobuz fully from USB Audio Player via UPnP.

Now I understand you will be disappointed, and I'm sorry for that. But I had to fix it.

However all is not lost: if you can convince the USB Audio Player developer to make it an UPnP renderer, then you'll be able to use BubbleUPNP to play to it (or send content from any other UPnP app).

Since there's already UPnP/DLNA browsing ability, maybe he will be opened to this idea.

And it will make his app even more useful.

This is extremely dissapointing. I paid for the bubbleupnp license to have this ability and now you just change the app to lose this ability.

Extremely dissapointing for people who has paid money for your license. I find it unacceptable.

This is extremely dissapointing. I paid for the bubbleupnp license to have this ability and now you just change the app to lose this ability.

Extremely dissapointing for people who has paid money for your license. I find it unacceptable.

Then send me your Google email purchase receipt for a refund.

Hi

Sorry for the off-topic (new thread required?) -I installed the HiBY app on my android phone and it sounds better than TIDAL, better than files served up from my laptop and better than anything else I've heard but how do I get around the limited storage (128gig) available on my phone? Cheers

Sorry for the off-topic (new thread required?) -I installed the HiBY app on my android phone and it sounds better than TIDAL, better than files served up from my laptop and better than anything else I've heard but how do I get around the limited storage (128gig) available on my phone? Cheers

I have hiby installed too. You can access music files stored on your pc via hiby uPnP/dlna. But you have to make your pc as dlna server.