IGNORED

I have 600 GB of ISO files from my SACDs - how do I play them?

I strongly disagree that this is a good choice. JRIver DSF conversion tools go through PCM as an interim. Don't take all those hours of ripping SACDs and then corrupt them by going ISO to PCM to DSF. It's a lossy process, and JRiver will agree. Use ISO2DSF (Bogi's tool) which reduces or eliminates any click/transition (0db dc offset, etc) issues by only using the DFF from sacd_extract (not the problematic DSF routine), then uses Miska's simple DFF to DSF tool, all the while saving tags....all in one simple right click workflow.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/how-do-you-store-dff-untagged-files-21780/index8.html#post368551

And yes, bkinbk, the Loki is DSD-capable.

ted_b:

Thank you again for your gracious assistance on my odyssey to get mu ISO files into shape. I checked out the link you provided but that is for a Windows version. I emailed bog to see if he has an iOS version or knows of a program that I can use.

Thanks,

Mike

Read the pdf. The settings are in the config file, easily read and edited by a text editor like Notepad. Just comment out the stereo and comment in the multichannel.

ISO2DSD has no relation to ISO2DSF. One is a GUI tool from Jesus (Sonore), the second is a context tool from Bogi (which includes the DFF2DSF tool from Miska/Jussi).

Read the pdf. The settings are in the config file, easily read and edited by a text editor like Notepad. Just comment out the stereo and comment in the multichannel.

ISO2DSD has no relation to ISO2DSF. One is a GUI tool from Jesus (Sonore), the second is a context tool from Bogi (which includes the DFF2DSF tool from Miska/Jussi).

Thanks Ted. Always "READ THE INSTRUCTION."

Folks:

I get the disc and directory where my ISO files are and I run ISO2DSD and I get a message that it can't find the disc. It seems as if the program is expecting an SACD disc. However, what I have is 600GB of ISO rips from my SACDs, so I don't think that ISO2DSD is going to do it for me.

The good news is that I can configure Audirvana+ to convert the ISO files to PCM on the fly but that's not exactly what I'm trying to do... So, still trying to get my ISOs to DSD or DSF on an iMac running OS X 10.10.3...

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike

Did you select and highlight a ISO file or a series of ISO files?

I have used it to process greater than 100 ISO files at once.

Can you post a screenshot?

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Folks:

I get the disc and directory where my ISO files are and I run ISO2DSD and I get a message that it can't find the disc. It seems as if the program is expecting an SACD disc. However, what I have is 600GB of ISO rips from my SACDs, so I don't think that ISO2DSD is going to do it for me.

The good news is that I can configure Audirvana+ to convert the ISO files to PCM on the fly but that's not exactly what I'm trying to do... So, still trying to get my ISOs to DSD or DSF on an iMac running OS X 10.10.3...

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike

"Can't find the disc" is not an ISO2DSD error message that I am familiar with. What platform are you trying this on? Does you ISO list and screen look like this?

iso2dsd setup1.jpg

Can you post a screenshot?

Yes, please. I'm guessing @Boy Howdy isn't navigating to where the files are, but a screenshot would certainly help with the diagnosis.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I have my ISO files on a hard disk that is hooked to my iMac, run through Audirvana+ (which is set for my Schist Loki DAC - which pays a DSF version of Shelly Manne and Bill Evans' Empathy just fine. When I look at the Audirvana+ preferences, I don't see anteing that refers to ISO but I do have the "Audio System" setting set for "Schist Audio DSD Device" and the DSD setting has four possible settings none of which produce sound with an ISO file (NOTE: I am trying a different ISO file with each parameter change to insure that I'm not loading a bad ISO file). I don't see anything else to "adjust in Audirvana+ that might impact the playback of the ISO files. No sound...

I guess A+ converts ISO to PCM content, Schiit Loki will not play it - it is DSD DAC only. If you split ISO with ISO2DSD then it may work.

Folks:

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

You can try my AuI ConverteR. If I don't mistaken it do all what your need under Mac OS: ISO to DSF with metadata, multi input ISO.

If possibly give me feedback. Even if you try free version. Me need information for further development. May be you need additional functionality?

Best regards,

Yuri

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

Mike,

I tried ISO with Audirvana+ (normally I use HQPlayer). A+ opens ISO and sends files to DAC as 24/88.2kHz. Schiit Loki is DSD only DAC, it doesn't play PCM. You can use ISO/A+ with other DAC or unpack ISOs to separate DSD files with ISO2DSD which A+ will play as DSD with Loki. Hope it will work!

I tried ISO with Audirvana+ (normally I use HQPlayer). A+ opens ISO and sends files to DAC as 24/88.2kHz. Schiit Loki is DSD only DAC, it doesn't play PCM. You can use ISO/A+ with other DAC or unpack ISOs to separate DSD files with ISO2DSD which A+ will play as DSD with Loki. Hope it will work!

This is kind of misleading. Yes, A+ will convert DSD (whether DSF or iso) to PCM, but only if you tell it to. If you tell it to go with "Automatic Detection," "Initial dCs method," or "DSD over PCM standard 1.0" (depending on your DSD-capable DAC), A+ will happily send along the DSD info. This is all determined in Preferences -> Audio System -> Native DSD Capability. Works fine for me with two different DSD-capable DACs.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

This is kind of misleading. Yes, A+ will convert DSD (whether DSF or iso) to PCM, but only if you tell it to. If you tell it to go with "Automatic Detection," "Initial dCs method," or "DSD over PCM standard 1.0" (depending on your DSD-capable DAC), A+ will happily send along the DSD info. This is all determined in Preferences -> Audio System -> Native DSD Capability. Works fine for me with two different DSD-capable DACs.

--David

I am telling what happens in my system with A+ and Schiit Loki DAC. "Automatic Detection," "Initial dCs method," or "DSD over PCM standard 1.0" doesn't work with ISO. It may work with other DACs, no question.

I am telling what happens in my system with A+ and Schiit Loki DAC. "Automatic Detection," "Initial dCs method," or "DSD over PCM standard 1.0" doesn't work with ISO. It may work with other DACs, no question.

Okay, then please accept my apology. I had no idea Loki was "unusual" in this way. Now I know.

(Besides, I'm a big advocate of extracting the DSF files from the iso.)

--David

Okay, then please accept my apology. I had no idea Loki was "unusual" in this way. Now I know.

(Besides, I'm a big advocate of extracting the DSF files from the iso.)

--David

Oh, apologies should be mine. Few minutes ago I tried again, and.... it works! ISO sent to A+ and processed with Loki immediately plays ok! I can not explain what I did previously differently, it seems all setting were tried, but it never played before. I guess your post did some magic... :)

Oh, apologies should be mine. Few minutes ago I tried again, and.... it works! ISO sent to A+ and processed with Loki immediately plays ok! I can not explain what I did previously differently, it seems all setting were tried, but it never played before. I guess your post did some magic... :)

Yes, that's a well-known phenomenon. ;) (And that, my friends, is Post #1,000. Do I get a prize?)

--David