IGNORED

Mac Mini won't recognize M2Tech E Young USB Driver need help!

image.jpgYes I figured that one out my tutor liked to leave out little pieces of info like that but I prevailed unfortunitly it's not my password it wants its M2's here's the screen shots where I'm at. I sent an email to M2 Thursday for help and got no response until today. The response was to block my email and not allow communicatio. Whay a company. Anyway it appears they or someone has done something to these files. I say that because I don't know why the snow leopard driver which I must have has anything to do with the Mavericks driver. Maybe it's an Apple thing but two different drivers can occupy the same hard drive my windows machine is loaded with drivers of all kinds updated out of dates I never remove them unless something compels me to. I can understand if I had an old driver they conflicts with new one or a corrupted driver that conflicts I guess if the command codes are close enough that would do it but I don't know Mac stuff. Anyways why would someone do this to a product designed for public use I don't get it. Why would a company leave a bad driver on their main web site with no reference to it being bad and having to go else where to get the right one its bound to cause trouble it did and still is getting me. If you know any solutions I sure could use the help obviously but I can't get around this. Thanks again

image.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18055[/ATTACH]Yes I figured that one out my tutor liked to leave out little pieces of info like that but I prevailed unfortunitly it's not my password it wants its M2's here's the screen shots where I'm at. I sent an email to M2 Thursday for help and got no response until today. The response was to block my email and not allow communicatio. Whay a company. Anyway it appears they or someone has done something to these files. I say that because I don't know why the snow leopard driver which I must have has anything to do with the Mavericks driver. Maybe it's an Apple thing but two different drivers can occupy the same hard drive my windows machine is loaded with drivers of all kinds updated out of dates I never remove them unless something compels me to. I can understand if I had an old driver they conflicts with new one or a corrupted driver that conflicts I guess if the command codes are close enough that would do it but I don't know Mac stuff. Anyways why would someone do this to a product designed for public use I don't get it. Why would a company leave a bad driver on their main web site with no reference to it being bad and having to go else where to get the right one its bound to cause trouble it did and still is getting me. If you know any solutions I sure could use the help obviously but I can't get around this. Thanks again

You are mistaken. There is no M2Tech password required. The required password is that of an administrator account of your Mac.

I may be able to help, but first I need to see a screenshot of your Users & Groups pane in System Preferences. That'll be easier for me than asking questions about what you see on the screen.

I will send it but when I set the password users groups the password worked for logging on to the computer (never had one before) but would work in the screen shot it sent you. It would not accept a password at all no characters would type. But I'm game give me a second snd I'll send it along.

image.jpg

You are mistaken. There is no M2Tech password required. The required password is that of an administrator account of your Mac.

I may be able to help, but first I need to see a screenshot of your Users & Groups pane in System Preferences. That'll be easier for me than asking questions about what you see on the screen.

I will send it but when I set the password users groups the password worked for logging on to the computer (never had one before) but would work in the screen shot it sent you. It would not accept a password at all no characters would type. But I'm game give me a second snd I'll send it along.

Thanks for the screenshot. OK, you have an admin account, and you've logged into it with a password. The same password must be entered when prompted in Terminal. Nothing will display as the password is typed - that's a security measure. Remember, the uninstaller is useless, so try again with the three commands that I posted in post #21. Your password should be accepted if it is typed correctly, so take your time.

Thanks for the screenshot. OK, you have an admin account, and you've logged into it with a password. The same password must be entered when prompted in Terminal. Nothing will display as the password is typed - that's a security measure. Remember, the uninstaller is useless, so try again with the three commands that I posted in post #21. Your password should be accepted if it is typed correctly, so take your time.

Thanks a million I'll try it. If I can figure out what post 21 was. Don't know what happened but I got knocked out of this site and had to log back in. Now the screen format is all whacked and when I come back in through your email message notification I have log back in each time, but I'll manage. I have to go to Tampa tomorrow and dure wanted to get this M2 stuff resolved before I go and at least you've made it possible.

Thanks for the screenshot. OK, you have an admin account, and you've logged into it with a password. The same password must be entered when prompted in Terminal. Nothing will display as the password is typed - that's a security measure. Rememiber, the uninstaller is useless, so try again with the three commands that I posted in post #21. Your password should be accepted if it is typed correctly, so take your time.

Totally missed the part of your instruction about pasting in those three lines starting with Sudo don't know how must have come in when I hit knocked out but everything makes more sense now. I'll give that a shot in a second. Is M2Tech having problems? I sent them an email for help from an email they sent me that was no help and got and go away don't bother us message. The difference between them and Berkeley is night and day. Spoke to Micheal Ritter at Berkeley and went Dover everything with the Berkeley on 2 computers and couldn't make it work so they are taking care of it. He even called my home the next day to make sure everything was going ok and did I need any further assistance I mean you just don't get that these days but just curious about M2. Thanks

image.jpg[QU=Gadsden oldsdad;417850]Thanks for the screenshot. OK, you have an admin account, and you've logged into it with a password. The same password must be entered when prompted in Terminal. Nothing will display as the password is typed - that's a security measure. Remember, the uninstaller is useless, so try again with the three commands that I posted in post #21. Your password should be accepted if it is typed correctly, so take your time.

As soon as I type my password in here this note comes up is this significant? When

I call up the terminal the window that's similar to this one shows characters as I type them but doesn't recognize my password. So I switched to this screen which comes up when trying to load the uninstaller and it works properly but I don't see those 3 lines to copy and paste. If I'm supposed to get them from the terminal (little black monitor image) it won't recognize password. This window does but don't know what to do next.

ok i pasted it in from your message and hit enter. it says no receipt for com .m2tech.driver found at /

What do i do next. I feel like I'm close but no cigar but maybe so. at least I figured out how to do this on the big screen instead of the phone i \I was afraid to mess up things doing it this way but works fine.

ok i pasted it in from your message and hit enter. it says no receipt for com .m2tech.driver found at /

What do i do next. I feel like I'm close but no cigar but maybe so. at least I figured out how to do this on the big screen instead of the phone i \I was afraid to mess up things doing it this way but works fine.

The "no receipt" message is insignificant. The old driver will have been removed. If you look in folder "/System/Library/Extensions", you'll see that file "Young.kext" is no longer there.

You'll be ready to run the 1.3b installer after rebooting - see post #21. Remember to right-click the installer and select Open instead of double-clicking it.

ok reran driver install plugged dac back in before reboot looked in audio midi not there looked in all systems pref not there. either i didn't uninstall old driver or something else is wrong with this machine or both. thanks for trying though i really appreciate it and i know the rest of the group is tired of seeing my name on tyne screen, sorry gang, thanks to everyone.

I am defeated!

ok reran driver install plugged dac back in before reboot looked in audio midi not there looked in all systems pref not there. either i didn't uninstall old driver or something else is wrong with this machine or both. thanks for trying though i really appreciate it and i know the rest of the group is tired of seeing my name on tyne screen, sorry gang, thanks to everyone.

I am defeated!

I tested the procedure earlier today in a Mavericks volume that hadn't had any M2Tech driver installed before. First, I deliberately installed the 1.0.48 driver, then removed it and installed the 1.3b, which is working fine with a M2Tech HiFace. Make sure you now have file "HiFace.kext" in folder "/Library/Extensions" (note that that's a different folder from where "Young.kext" was installed). System Information should now look like the screenshots below.

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 17.32.42.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 17.31.52.png

I tested the procedure earlier today in a Mavericks volume that hadn't had any M2Tech driver installed before. First, I deliberately installed the 1.0.48 driver, then removed it and installed the 1.3b, which is working fine with a M2Tech HiFace. Make sure you now have file "HiFace.kext" in folder "/Library/Extensions" (note that that's a different folder from where "Young.kext" was installed). System Information should now look like the screenshots below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18063[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]18064[/ATTACH]

Thanks had to hit the hay for my drive to Tampa in the Am sbout 4 hr drive from north florida but will check now that I have your screen shots I know what to look for, I don't think I did the terminal screen right, I opened the screen copied the 3 lines from your screen shot pasted into terminal screen view and typed password and typed in message to you what it said. If that sounds right then I'm ok to that point. If I did that wrong just tell me how to do it correctly. Thanks I'm getting closer but probably some minor error. I am learning so that is very helpfull. If I can't get it would you entertain me paying you to fix everything and get me going. I could ship Mac berkeley and M2 to you or do it by phone. No problem paying for the service if we could do by phone step by step would be great because I really want to learn how. Just let me know. I'll be back home Wednesday ir Thursday. I feel bad you've spent so much time already and in in your debt. Thanks

Thanks a million I'll try it. If I can figure out what post 21 was. Don't know what happened but I got knocked out of this site and had to log back in. Now the screen format is all whacked and when I come back in through your email message notification I have log back in each time, but I'll manage. I have to go to Tampa tomorrow and dure wanted to get this M2 stuff resolved before I go and at least you've made it possible.

I vaguely remember that even though my Mac was not password protected at all at some stage during the driver uninstall/install I was asked for a Mac password.

So I had to set up a Mac password so that I could use it.

Sounds like you're past that stage now but it confused me too.

image.jpg

Thanks had to hit the hay for my drive to Tampa in the Am sbout 4 hr drive from north florida but will check now that I have your screen shots I know what to look for, I don't think I did the terminal screen right, I opened the screen copied the 3 lines from your screen shot pasted into terminal screen view and typed password and typed in message to you what it said. If that sounds right then I'm ok to that point. If I did that wrong just tell me how to do it correctly. Thanks I'm getting closer but probably some minor error. I am learning so that is very helpfull. If I can't get it would you entertain me paying you to fix everything and get me going. I could ship Mac berkeley and M2 to you or do it by phone. No problem paying for the service if we could do by phone step by step would be great because I really want to learn how. Just let me know. I'll be back home Wednesday ir Thursday. I feel bad you've spent so much time already and in in your debt. Thanks

May have to try to load pictures again but my HiFace file under /software/extensions looks just like yours showing "no" under loaded but my files under /software/installations/ shows 4 " One Device compatible ones" with sn install date and the actual M2Tech Young Driver 1.0.48M all under source 3rd party. I assume these HiFace ones are what needs to go. Just to be clear it the window that comes up from accessing the Terminal that I'm supposed to paste the 3 lines of code in and not the same kind of window that comes up from trying to load the uninstall utility where it asks for the password. I will try again now but send me a note if my screen shots don't show up if you need to see them my description may be good enough. Thanks

image.jpg

Yes thanks Stewart goldsdad had gotten me past that and he is a wealth of information. Must be a heck of a guy to stick in there with me there is no way I could be any where near where I am without his help and I think you might be responsible for getting it started. For that I thank you. If not thanks for putting up with me hogging this thread the whole group has been great about it. Can't help but wonder if anybody's making book on this ordeal and if so what the odds are on my success? Ha! When they hit 100 to 1 let me know how your bettin and I'll help you out!!! Thanks buddy

Morning Goldsdad, tried again and didn't work. i tried to access the terminal window from the M2 uninstall utility but would not let me paste the 3 lines of code there> iy must loose the copy of the three lines when i shift from forum to M2 web page. so ill be here for a for a little while today before heading south. if you have any insight i would appreciate it and don't know how to thank you for all you've done to try and help me. if i can't get it going I hope you consider my offer for a least a phone try and Gold is a lucky dog. My 4 lb. Yorkie Emma says thanks for helping my dad.

image.jpg

SUCCESS SUCESS !!!!!! For those that believed in me or more likely believed in Goldsdad, thank you thank you thank you! And to goldsdad and Stewart what can I say the best to both and I hope I can repay you. Let me know how to become a paid subscriber that's the least I can do for the group.

Bravo!

I just want to note that I posted the wrong screenshot - the one showing "HiFace.kext" not loaded. That was taken immediately after installing the driver but before rebooting. Rebooting with the HiFace converter (or the Young, in your case) connected results in the loaded status becoming "yes" and the device becoming available in Audio MIDI Setup.

Instructions for subscribing are accessed by clicking the Subscribe button near the top of each forum page.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18075[/ATTACH]

SUCCESS SUCESS !

Congratulations! I figured you didn't have the right driver installed, but goldsdad got you over the goal line with detailed instructions. I suppose you still have the issue of your Berkeley Alpha USB not being recognized?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Congratulations! I figured you didn't have the right driver installed, but goldsdad got you over the goal line with detailed instructions. I suppose you still have the issue of your Berkeley Alpha USB not being recognized?

Thanks ricka I've known the problem since the beginning but not how to fix it. The uninstaller never worked and always thought it was my inexperience with Mac or that the Mac had been corrupted in shipping somehow. Now I know the uninstaller was the biggest problem and goldsdad was a godsend with that. I talked to a lot of experts even the company that built the Mac for me couldn't come up with the solution but goldsdad did. So I'm truly blessed to be a member of this forum because I dont think I would have been able to solve it othetwise and would have spent more money and down time to resolve it. As to the Berkeley, the experts again have said that the issues with the M2 should not effect the Mac recognizing the Berkeley as it is designed to be a plug and play just like a mouse or keyboard would be. As long as the Mac is working properly it should at least show up when plugged in. I had the factory rep on the phone and went over everything he asked me to try and I let him say it was a bad unit. Plus I had tried it on a brand new Mac mini with mountain lion OS and could not get it to work. However I did return it to the dealer to let them have a go at to see if it would work for them which put me in the plus column with the factory as they wont have to bother with it should it turn out to be fine. Even though it doesn't seem likely that testing in 2 machines and everything I went through to make it work it would be ok I've been working around computers long enough to know that anything possible and the more unlikely something appears that's more than likely to be the problem so I'm just gonna wait and see what happens. Thanks and another shout out to Stewart for steering me in the right direction and his input into the problem and everybody that tried to help! Great group!

Just a final note to this thread and saga, received a message from my dealer in Texas that he received the Berkeley and plugged it into an Aurender. The Aurender did not recognize the Berkeley either so they agree there is something wrong with it. To follow factory protocol they will contact them in the morning to facilitate shipping a new unit to me ASAP which the factory rep has told me they would do in this case rather than repair mine as I've never actually used it. So with any luck, when I return from my trip to Tampa I should have a new Berkeley Alpha waiting on me and let this tail of woe pass on into memories of failures of the past and finally let me be able to enjoy my new Digital setup as was meant to be. Thanks once more to all those that helped me, encouraged me, consoled me or just went along to see what would happen next. Later !!!!!

I thought the fault was with the Aurender in that it didn't recognise the Berkerley DAC (of any vintage)?

Not sure what you mean? I got the message from my dealer that to test the Berkeley they plugged it in the Aurender and he says when doing so they get a message of somekind on the screen indicating recognition. With mine they got nothing. I don't know anything about the Aurender never used one. Did see and hear one in a demo but my problem has been with a Mac mini.

Well folks, New Berkeley converter arrived today and is working perfectly. Plugged in Mac recognized it and playing as it should. I'm very happy with the SQ and the whole digital system in general. Still not 100% sure a music server such as a HAP-Z1ES would not have been a better choice over the Mac Mini so please if anyone here knows why, let me in on it. Regardless I am happy with the Mac. The SQ is much better than I thought possible even with the add ons it's very impressive. Now the quest to ring every once of performance. Can use all the help I can get with that. Thanks it's been a hoot getting everything going I appreciate all your help.