IGNORED

Mac Mini won't recognize M2Tech E Young USB Driver need help!

image.jpgCan anyone help me with this? If you've followed my other posts you know the problems I'm having with the Berkeley and now that it's going back I'm revisiting the M2Tech driver issues. I have downloaded the proper driver as shown here but the Mac mini still won't see it. Do I need to move this file somewhere else or do anything that I'm not thinking of. I've gone through every normal procedure and it just refuses to be recognized. Don't know if it's a Mavericks issue or what. Hopefully someone else had had this problem and came up with a work around or fix of some kind. Thanks sorry for sideways view don't know why!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18027[/ATTACH]Can anyone help me with this? If you've followed my other posts you know the problems I'm having with the Berkeley and now that it's going back I'm revisiting the M2Tech driver issues. I have downloaded the proper driver as shown here but the Mac mini still won't see it. Do I need to move this file somewhere else or do anything that I'm not thinking of. I've gone through every normal procedure and it just refuses to be recognized. Don't know if it's a Mavericks issue or what. Hopefully someone else had had this problem and came up with a work around or fix of some kind. Thanks sorry for sideways view don't know why!

Your screenshot shows that you've installed driver version 1.0.48. That was for Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion, and is not suitable for Mavericks and Yosemite. Instructions and the driver download you need for Mavericks are at http://www.m2tech.biz/it/mavericks_install.html

Ok m2 instruction say I need to delete the old file. I know this is not the correct file thanks for that but I can't seen to delete it anyway. When I highlite it no delete tab comes up. How should I get rid of it. M2 offers an uninstaller but says I can also just delete. If I can impose on you once more and sorry for my inexperience with mac

Ok m2 instruction say I need to delete the old file. I know this is not the correct file thanks for that but I can't seen to delete it anyway. When I highlite it no delete tab comes up. How should I get rid of it. M2 offers an uninstaller but says I can also just delete. If I can impose on you once more and sorry for my inexperience with mac

Run the uninstaller.

Ok will do I was afraid you'd say that! Thanks I really appreciate it. I sent a message to M2 the only drive option on the site which is the link they sent me lists something like

Mavericks 10.9.6 and Yosemate 10.something no way to seperate when you click on it the file you see on my sgreen shot is what you get so I'm stumped.

See here's the problem that .pkg file is what downloads when you click on the Mavericks 10.9.5 driver from their web site. Then you click on that and the file in my screen shot is what downloads that you say is for snow leopard. Something's not right. I'm going to end up right back where I started.

See here's the problem that .pkg file is what downloads when you click on the Mavericks 10.9.5 driver from their web site. Then you click on that and the file in my screen shot is what downloads that you say is for snow leopard. Something's not right. I'm going to end up right back where I started.

I've used the 1.3b installer. It installed the correct driver from 2014, not the 1.0.48 from 2011, and it's working fine. According to your screen shot, someone installed the 1.0.48 driver about ten days ago. They must have used the 1.0.48 installer by mistake.

Now, have you followed my advice and run the uninstaller, rebooted, then run the 1.3b and rebooted again? That should result in the following entries in System Information:

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 00.37.30.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 00.36.08.png

Sorry got sidetracked there for a minute. I will do that shortly, I didn't mean for it to sound like I didnt trust what you were telling me to do I'm going to do exactly what you say mainly because you are offering the best advice yet. So heading back up to the music room right now and thanks will report back in a little bit.

Get message won't install uninstaller because of unidentified developer. How do I disable what ever is blocking it?

Right-click it and select Open from the context menu, then click the Open button in the dialog which appears.

I have to go now. Will be back tomorrow to see how you're getting on.

I was so frustrated and tired by that pointi I gave up but will try again. I really appreciate your help with this you are awesum. Even if I don't get it to work I've learned more about the Mac mini from your help then in the 2 weeks I've had it. The company that built the Mac have not helped me nearly as much and done nothing for me with this issue. They've told me plenty about why its not their fault even though I've never said it was or blamed them for any of the issues, its not productive and won't do a thing to get me up and running. Don't know why I can't get a simple email with keystrokes to fix this, they have every bit of info with screen shots I gave you. Don't know if forum rules allow for email exchanges but if you'd rather I can give you my email and we can continue off forum of this exchange if bothering anyone! I'm sure it's boring to most but if helpful to anyone else be glad to continue if your willing. Let me know when your back up and I'll fire the Mac up a try again.

I was so frustrated and tired by that pointi I gave up but will try again. I really appreciate your help with this you are awesum. Even if I don't get it to work I've learned more about the Mac mini from your help then in the 2 weeks I've had it. The company that built the Mac have not helped me nearly as much and done nothing for me with this issue. They've told me plenty about why its not their fault even though I've never said it was or blamed them for any of the issues, its not productive and won't do a thing to get me up and running. Don't know why I can't get a simple email with keystrokes to fix this, they have every bit of info with screen shots I gave you. Don't know if forum rules allow for email exchanges but if you'd rather I can give you my email and we can continue off forum of this exchange if bothering anyone! I'm sure it's boring to most but if helpful to anyone else be glad to continue if your willing. Let me know when your back up and I'll fire the Mac up a try again.

When I was playing this game a while ago trying to update my driver from the ML to the Mavericks version the m2tech uninstaller did not remove the old driver properly, it didn't do a clean uninstall.

I got the help of other forum members to talk me through uninstalling the old version manually.

Search on here for,I think it was, some of the later posts on the old thread dealing with m2tech drivers for Mavericks.

Sorry I can't remember exactly but a bit of searching should find some info.

The main thing I'm saying is I dont trust the uninstaller.

Thank you so much. I thought about doing a back search but started getting some good help and forgot about it. I'll give that a try. Apparently you were successful. When you installed the proper Mavericks driver did your Dac see it ok it were there other steps you had to take ? Thanks

[Edit: you'll need an administrator password for this - see next post]

Stewart is correct - the uninstaller is garbage. Sorry for wasting time with that. To successfully remove the Young 1.0.48 driver, unplug the Young from the computer then run Terminal app (it's in Utilities subfolder of Applications folder) and paste in the following three lines:

sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/Young.kext /tmp
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo pkgutil --forget com.m2tech.driver

Quit Terminal and reboot the computer.

The installation of 1.0.48 will remain listed in System Information's history of software installations, but don't worry about that - the unwanted Young.kext file will have been removed.

With the Young still disconnected from the computer, run the 1.3b installer, which will prompt you to restart the computer. Before clicking Restart button, connect the powered-up Young to the computer so that it’ll be seen during the boot process. Click Restart button.

After rebooting, the Young should be available in Audio MIDI Setup and function correctly.

Went back to this and it asks for a password and this computer had never had a password assigned. What should I do next?

The company that set up your Mac should have provided you with the password for the administrator account they created.

You'll be prompted for an admin password when trying to run the Terminal commands in my post above.

They didn't. Just got s message from them yo go to system preferences from the dock and go to accounts and set one. I just wrote back there is no accounts as such only Internet accounts with an option for add OS X server account. Resent message asking If that's it? It's like this everyday I get info that's incomplete or not what my screen shows, very frustrating. They won't talk on phone, send message wait, send another message arrrgh!!

just got a reply to my question about weather I was in the right place but there's a communication problem some where I must be in the wrong spot because it's asking for a nearby server or set a server address. I lost again.

You are in the wrong place. You should have clicked Users & Groups, not Internet Accounts, in System Preferences. Go into Users & Groups, take a screenshot and post it in your next message.

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 20.21.03.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 20.40.57.png