IGNORED

Roon Labs Software

1 hour ago, craighartley said:

I hear the clicks with same format continuously playing - ie no interference from me. My under standing is that it’s due to the editing of the source masters. And I have thousands of DSD tracks.  But I’m puzzled if others don’t hear it. 

I'm not really bothered by such, so I don't pay much attention to it unless it is disturbingly loud. I know some people have complained about mechanical relay clicks in DACs and amplifiers. For me such is completely normal and comforting sound in a way telling that things are working as they should.

When I play local content I use HQPlayer standalone. For Tidal I like to use Roon.

Just checking, does the click come from loudspeakers or the DAC? You can check fairly easily if HQPlayer stops during the transition, which would help locating the source. When tracks switch, check if the HQPlayer GUI reacts to it, for example is the playback timer reset?

Depending on preamp/amp implementation and DAC's mute implementation, it could be also related to the combination.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 2 weeks later...

Finding DSD albums - or 24/192 for example

Hi,

How can I create a bookmark to automatically show me the albums in DSD format for example?

Thanks 

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

7 minutes ago, jacques_racine said:

How can I create a bookmark to automatically show me the albums in DSD format for example? 

Use the Focus feature in the Album browser: tick the DSD checkbox, then all your albums in DSD will be shown. Then create your Bookmark, give it a suitable name (e.g. DSD Albums), and away you go...

Thanks a lot! I had never used Focus before. Awesome.

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)