IGNORED

AIFF Encoder in EAC

mvilla

Hi Massimo,

AIFF format due you want playback ripped files in iTunes?

Best regards,

Yuri

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

If you want to use eac specifically to rip to aif format, it my be possible through a fair amount of "plugins" (not the typical integrated plugins, but some EXE's you have to hunt down) and set up eac to execute so to speak. I may be incorrect, so someone will have to chime in and elaborate...

Anyway, I tried awhile back without success mainly due to time and way too much putzing around - I went ahead and purchased dbpoweramp, which works beautifully, highly recommended.

My rig

XLD works fine but .... I want to use a PC + a Plextor drive almost full dedicated to rip while listening to music with my MAC :-)

I got it I think. You primarily want the use of the Plextor drive. In any case good luck.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
Hi All,

Can you advice about an AIFF encoder to use in EAC ?

I'm ripping CD in windows 8.1 but then play them in Mac and would like to avoid to transcode them again from flac to aiff.

Many thanks

Massimo

Hi Massimo,

You can either use SoX or iTunesEncode as an external compression program in EAC to encode the rips to AIFF. Both work equally well, however, SoX doesn't support tags and iTunesEncode actually uses iTunes installed on the same computer to do the encoding.

Assuming you require your AIFF files to have tags and have a working current version of iTunes installed on your Windows computer, the iTunesEncode application would be the one to use, available from RareWares:

RareWares

You now need to configure EAC to use iTunesEncode as its external compression application, in the External Compression tab in Compression options, as follows:

EAC iTunesEncode.JPG

Make sure you use the correct path to where you saved the iTunesEncode application and use the following Additional command line options (the image doesn't show it all):

-e "AIFF Encoder" -a "%artist%" -l "%albumtitle%" -t "%title%" -g "%genre%" -y %year% -n %tracknr% -r %coverfile% -i %source% -o %dest%

If you were previously using EAC to rip to FLAC, the above settings will replace the ones for FLAC. Also make sure you use the Compressed (so not the Uncompressed) copy when ripping.

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Assuming you require your AIFF files to have tags and have a working current version of iTunes installed on your Windows computer, the iTunesEncode application would be the one to use, available from RareWares:

RareWares

John

Dear John,

this is exactly what I was looking for !!!

I'm not at home till the week-end so I can't test it now but I think your great explanation will definitively solve my problem.

Many thanks for your help,

Massimo

No worries, Massimo.

By the way, I forgot to mention pressing the test encoder button to make sure the settings for iTunesEncode in the External Compression tab are ok. It should start up iTunes, do a test AIFF encoding and confirm whether it worked or not.

Let us know how you get on - hope it works ok.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox