IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

After you have used the option in moode config to expand the sd card, you should have a folder called \\Moode\sdcard on the sd card, copy your music files to this folder then update the database. I used file manager in windows to copy music files from windows to my pi sd card. You will find moode under network in windows file manager. Hope this helps, it worked for me.

Tim,

First, thank you for a fine piece of work.

I've gotten everything working perfectly except for loading music files into an expanded SD (64 Gig SanDisk Ultra) card. I loaded the music files into the second partition of the expanded card via a Synology NAS, updated the MPD database and browsed into the SD card -- and nothing. Saw the above post; so I loaded some files (in folders) directly into the "sdcard" file location -- still nothing. Finally, tried loading some individual music files into "sdcard" -- and they appeared, along with artwork!

There must be an easier way?

Grey_Friar

Grey_Friar

Tim,

First, thank you for a fine piece of work.

I've gotten everything working perfectly except for loading music files into an expanded SD (64 Gig SanDisk Ultra) card. I loaded the music files into the second partition of the expanded card via a Synology NAS, updated the MPD database and browsed into the SD card -- and nothing. Saw the above post; so I loaded some files (in folders) directly into the "sdcard" file location -- still nothing. Finally, tried loading some individual music files into "sdcard" -- and they appeared, along with artwork!

There must be an easier way?

Grey_Friar

Hi,

Email tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll help troubleshoot :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hello Tim,

I would like to report on 2.5 TR1.

On computer with windows and chrome it is working perfectly.

On telephone and tablet with android and chrome browser I can not push buttons (3 lines on the right to song or album). It wasn't the case on 2.4.

Hello Tim,

I would like to report on 2.5 TR1.

On computer with windows and chrome it is working perfectly.

On telephone and tablet with android and chrome browser I can not push buttons (3 lines on the right to song or album). It wasn't the case on 2.4.

Hi,

I don't have an Android device to use for testing but email tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll help troubleshoot :-)

Regards

Tim

I was too quick. Today it's working! I'm not sure why yesterday it didn't... I will report if I will see the same problem again.

As for now case closed.

When talking about problems top circle showing progress of the track don't work after adding new album. I always have to push refresh to see the top circle. It was also visible in previous version. it's not a big problem

Hi guys, I'm a beginner here, so please be gentle.

Having my first shot at computer music using Moode and Raspberry Pi. The radio stations are streaming fine and I wish now to try music from a USB stick. I have loaded a few wav files on the stick, but even following instructions I cant get the player to see or load the music from the stick.

Any guidance would be greatly received. Incidentally to prove the concept, I am temporarily playing music through a Russ Andrews Rave set up which plugs in the USB.

Hi guys, I'm a beginner here, so please be gentle.

Having my first shot at computer music using Moode and Raspberry Pi. The radio stations are streaming fine and I wish now to try music from a USB stick. I have loaded a few wav files on the stick, but even following instructions I cant get the player to see or load the music from the stick.

Any guidance would be greatly received. Incidentally to prove the concept, I am temporarily playing music through a Russ Andrews Rave set up which plugs in the USB.

Hi,

Email tim at moodeaudio dot org and iI'll help get u going :-)

Regards,

Tim

Loaded v 2.5 yesterday and it seems to work, in general. I have nearly a TB of music files on a USB 2.0 drive connected to my router it took a couple of hours to load up the NAS area. The library worked at first, but sometime around the second directory--24.5 K files in the first one--the library screen showed "unknown" in every category and no files. Because the library is based on tags it's not much use to me. I've always organized my music files in a file/directory system. Because of disparate sources the files are tagged haphazardly at best.

I'm wondering if a "lite" NAS load is possible, one that ignores tags, or just a list of SMB shares. I know some android music players can do this. The update time is inconvenient for me.

Loaded v 2.5 yesterday and it seems to work, in general. I have nearly a TB of music files on a USB 2.0 drive connected to my router it took a couple of hours to load up the NAS area. The library worked at first, but sometime around the second directory--24.5 K files in the first one--the library screen showed "unknown" in every category and no files. Because the library is based on tags it's not much use to me. I've always organized my music files in a file/directory system. Because of disparate sources the files are tagged haphazardly at best.

I'm wondering if a "lite" NAS load is possible, one that ignores tags. The update time is inconvenient for me.

Hi,

MPD database update creates the "tag_cache" file and is based on metadata tags. There is no way to change that, but even files that don't have any tags will still be indexed by MPD and will show up in Browse panel.

Next test release (TR2) will have a new library loader that may work for you.

Regards,

Tim

The volume behavior seems different. I'm using a pi model 2 with a hifiberry dac+. Volume levels are lower for the same given setting using logarithmic curve hardware volume. I've set the ALSA % at 81. Is this a workingasdesigned kind of thing?

Hi,

Correct settings for Hifiberry DAC+ which prevent it from clipping at volume > 81 are the following:

(1) MPD config: Volume control = "Hardware"

(2) Customize, Hardware volume control

(a) Logarithmic curve = "Yes"

(b) Maximum volume % = 81

These settings yield 0dB for the device when Moode/MPD volume level is 100.

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

Correct settings for Hifiberry DAC+ which prevent it from clipping at volume > 81 are the following:

(1) MPD config: Volume control = "Hardware"

(2) Customize, Hardware volume control

(a) Logarithmic curve = "Yes"

(b) Maximum volume % = 81

These settings yield 0dB for the device when Moode/MPD volume level is 100.

Regards,

Tim

Thanks. Those are the settings I use. I probably need to double check the production version vs the beta using the same files and the same playback level on my headphone amp to be sure.

Hey Tim!

Just installed moode audio, but when i add my NAS to the library it stats updating the data base, but when it's done there's noting in the library.

I have tried to start the update ad go to the library after a short time, and i see some of my music around 500 song. But again after some time everything is gone again. I have around 9500 songs, could that be, the issue?

Sorry for my bad English ;)

-Martin From Denmark

Hey Tim!

Just installed moode audio, but when i add my NAS to the library it stats updating the data base, but when it's done there's noting in the library.

I have tried to start the update ad go to the library after a short time, and i see some of my music around 500 song. But again after some time everything is gone again. I have around 9500 songs, could that be, the issue?

Sorry for my bad English ;)

-Martin From Denmark

Hi Martin,

Could be the library loader. Do you see all your files in the Browse panel?

In any case, upcoming test release 2 (TR2) includes a new caching library loader that may address your issue :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hello

Tim Curtis i already tried alot of distros and i must say that iam impressed with Moode.Cant understand why it sounds better than the others =)

Great work with the web interface and an amazing work tunning the sound of Moode.

Two questions :

1-Do you intend to do some kind of update/upgrade without the need of doing all process ?

Some kind of command like the "apt-get upgrade " , and get all the thing done without the need of copy the image to the disk?

2- Do you intend to port the moode to the odroid?

I read something about the usb implementation being better in the odroid

Pardon me for my english , and thank you very much for the great work you have done with Moode.

Carlos Ferreira

Hello

Tim Curtis i already tried alot of distros and i must say that iam impressed with Moode.Cant understand why it sounds better than the others =)

Great work with the web interface and an amazing work tunning the sound of Moode.

Two questions :

1-Do you intend to do some kind of update/upgrade without the need of doing all process ?

Some kind of command like the "apt-get upgrade " , and get all the thing done without the need of copy the image to the disk?

2- Do you intend to port the moode to the odroid?

I read something about the usb implementation being better in the odroid

Pardon me for my english , and thank you very much for the great work you have done with Moode.

Carlos Ferreira

Hi Carlos,

In-place update is on the TODO list for Moode 3 project (no time frame) but might get pulled back into the 2.x timeline if a method emerges that is easy to implement and robust.

No plans to port Moode or re-architect the code for multi-platform. Single platform Raspberry Pi is enough of a challenge for me :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

Thought I'd mention that Rob over at The Art Of Sound posted about an image writing util for Mac OS X called ApplePi-Baker written by Hans Luijten. Its easy to use and fast at writing SD card images. I'm guessing it specifies raw disk (of=/dev/rdiskN) to get fast write I/O :-)

Download

Tweaking4All.com - MacOS X - ApplePi Baker - Prep SD-Cards for IMG or NOOBS

Regards,

Tim

applepi-baker.png

Hi,

Email tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll help troubleshoot :-)

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim

I am getting some success now but my music is not categorised in Moode (artist, album, track etc). I believe I have to tag my music, but is there some free software that allows me to tag wav files?

Hi Tim

I am getting some success now but my music is not categorised in Moode (artist, album, track etc). I believe I have to tag my music, but is there some free software that allows me to tag wav files?

using MediaMonkey you can easily and quickly tag wave file, but moode recognizes only genre, artist, song title, unfortunately does not recognize album

using MediaMonkey you can easily and quickly tag wave file, but moode recognizes only genre, artist, song title, unfortunately does not recognize album

That's a bit funny, as Moode has a space for 'album'. Is this a quirk with wav files or with that software (Media monkey)?