IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Ok, I’ll put in my request for a feature that most people don’t need, but I’d love it. Heck, if we don’t as, we won’t receive. 

I’d love a large overlay of the volume level when adjusting the my constellation preamp through conductor. If you look at this screenshot, and consider where your thumb is when turning the volume up in the lower left corner, you notice that you can’t see the current level. My left thumb completely covers the number. A pop up overlay with large numbers or something else would be great.  

ok, back to the regularly scheduled program. 

8109F2FD-7BA2-48BC-91C4-81A8E37B9CDD.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

53 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Is the volume control a new feature or a feature only available on certain models? 
I wasn’t aware that Conductor had this capability? 

When an Aurender is connected to a Constellation Audio preamp, Conductor can control its analog volume and input select. It’s slick!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

18 minutes ago, agladstone said:

That is an amazing feature! I wonder if they will incorporate that feature for additional brands in the future. It would be so convenient (as you’re already experiencing) because that would mean I could control my entire listening experience from the palm of my hand. 
Since the introduction of the iphone Conductor app I can count one one hand how many times I’ve used my iPad for Conductor. 
it’s a better and bigger interface, but it lacks the convenience of my iPhone which basically never leaves my side:)

It really is great. 

If components have RS232 ports or accept this communication over USB, then it’s possible if Aurender enables it. 

22 minutes ago, agladstone said:

That is an amazing feature! I wonder if they will incorporate that feature for additional brands in the future. It would be so convenient (as you’re already experiencing) because that would mean I could control my entire listening experience from the palm of my hand. 
Since the introduction of the iphone Conductor app I can count one one hand how many times I’ve used my iPad for Conductor. 
it’s a better and bigger interface, but it lacks the convenience of my iPhone which basically never leaves my side:)

Here’s a look at it on iPhone. 

E3118921-CCB9-442A-A792-A3B92DA9D5C7.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Aurender1 said:

Hi.  I am new to this forum and glad to be here.  What settings do I change so that I remain a member of this forum but that your posts do not appear in my email inbox?  --Thanks

You can manage the topics you follow here - https://audiophilestyle.com/followed/?type=forums_topic&change_section=1

You can change your notification settings here - https://audiophilestyle.com/notifications/options/

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

@The Computer Audiophile the upsampling is for SPDIF/AES-EBU outputs only. USB output on Aurender is always strictly bitperfect with no DSP or FPGA resampling. 

I thought I remember seeing that, but looked on this page of the Conductor app and didn't see anything that said so, so I assumed it would just work. 

Thanks Ari. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, honeymustardsteve said:

anyone know where to get an aurender serviced in canada? purchased a used N10 from a dealer and it arrived broken due to poor packaging (there was a 3 inch gap between first box and second box and all the screws were loose) dealer refuses to refund and says unit was working beforehand

i guess my only options are to either get it repaired or do a paypal dispute

6974A605-BAE0-49B5-8627-EA3C908A3034.jpeg

BB3E5890-FB0D-4B94-A0A8-570F55036B2D.jpeg

C056B500-C8CA-41E5-95A0-09CD001DEFAB.jpeg

I'm no packaging expert, but I've never seen poor packaging result in loose screws like that. Crazy. 

3 minutes ago, Perfect sense said:

This is totally unacceptable of course. The top lid does not unscrew itself during transport first of all. Proper packaging is also the responsibility of the seller. He should also have the shipment insured in case of bad handling by the forwarder.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Yes, I've unscrewed those top screws before. It has never been easy. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, agladstone said:

Anything above 44 on Aurender must be MQA / “Tidal Masters”, so only play non MQA / Tidal Masters and you’re all set. 
Another easy work around, downgrade your Tidal membership so no Tidal Masters/ MQA, the lower tier subscription only plays 16/44 

But many of those 16/44 are sourced from MQA even if you aren’t on the MQA tier. 

4 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Interesting, I always thought they were two different masters? 
I recently made the switch from Tidal to Qobuz with true Hires streaming, and I’m never going back:) 

Perhaps switching to the lower tier of Qobuz may be the solution? 
I also recall that Spotify and Apple Music are either now or very soon going to be offering a new tier which will be 16/44 only? 

Qobuz has pure PCM, except for the 2L label that went all-in on MQA. 

I'm listening to the track "Die For Me" by Post Malone. There are two guests artist on the track and I'd love it if Aurender Conductor enabled me to see who these artists are. I know one is the singer Halsey because I switched to a different app that displayed this info. The info is available from Qobuz.

IMG_0342.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, KenCyclingNYC said:

Hey all- first this isn’t a battle royal conversation to determine who’s mightiest  in the land; just a simple question- why does Roon sound better than my N10?

roon: MacBook Pro (Nas wirelessly containing flac files> ayre qx5 twenty> audio research la28> ayre amp> Vandersteen quatro’s

aurender: n10> AES balanced cable> sure qx5 twenty and the rest is the same. 

all cables are audioquest diamond

so same music, the Roon has more punch and a greater range, same soundstage

aurender seems smoother but duller. 

thoughts?

ken

Try the same interface on both devices. I’m guessing you use USB from the MacBook Pro. Use USB from the Aurender to test.