IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, lmf22 said:

I tried 44.1kHz, 96kHz, and 192kHz. The DAC would display the correct sample rate, but still no sound. 

Weird thing is that the Matrix worked fine with the Aurender for two days, and when connected to the computer (computer--USB--Matrix--HDMI--DAC) it works fine at all sample rates too. 

Does the Aurender display show the name of the connected USB device? You've rebooted it right?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, lmf22 said:

An update to my original post, where I was not getting any sound from the Matrix when using it with my Aurender N100C.

Aurender did a remote session few days ago and fixed the problem! Their team found that the Matrix has “two volume controller interface and one of that was set to 0%.” They reset it back to 100% and everything is working now. They will implement this fix in future Aurender software updates.

Fantastic. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, KenCyclingNYC said:

thanks although I'm not sure I agree because if that was the case, it would happen earlier into the first track + this is a recent development (have owned the N10 for two years w/o incident) that makes me believe that it may be caused by the latest  firmware update.

Have you tried the delay settings for switching sample rates, just as a test?

2 minutes ago, KenCyclingNYC said:

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried; went from 3 seconds > 10 seconds which didn't help. I also reset the app to defaults just in case... I also changed the SPDIF output from Professional > Consumer w/o any change. other thoughts are welcomed. 

Exactly what I would’ve tried. 

Time for @AriMargolis

36 minutes ago, Noushy said:

My issue is only at initiation of playback.  And only with the Mcintosh DAC.  It seems to be an issue where the clock rate and format lock and then playback resumes. Once playback starts and I restart the track no issue.  Again this is limited to the initial start.  If the DAC and/or Aurender sleeps this happens again.

Noushy

Ah, this sounds very similar to an issue I had with a McIntosh DAC. It even had the issue with other apps. 

I discovered the issue playing John Mellencamp’s song Pink Houses. The guitar starts right at the beginning. The Mc DAC just couldn’t get ready in time. 

Just relaying my experience. Not saying this is what’s going on with you. 

11 minutes ago, edje said:

I want to add to the "skipping first part of a track issue" that I have this with my A10 for a long time. At the start of a track half of the time the first 3-5 seconds are stuttering.

I did start a support ticket, but it never was solved. So with the A10 it for sure isn't a DAC sync issue, as I use the internal DAC of the A10.

Furthermore I play from the internal disk, no NAS.

That's good information. All internal and still see they issue.

Let's hope this one can get tracked down. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ufoerp said:

seek guidance for one question about my new N10 and Ayre QX5 (USB2 version). 

When I use QX5 with my Aurender N10 with AES and Optical line, when use DSD64 DOP mode, the QX5 could not play the file and QX5 display flicker with 176; when using AES and opcital line for DSD converting to PCM mode, it plays well. (when using Ayre USB port for QX5 and N10 for DSD file, it also plays well). 

The only issue is to play DSD64 (dop) with AES and optical. 

Any solution? Thanks.

Most products only support DoP over USB. Some support it on all inputs, but that's rare. 

@Ryan Berry Does the QX5 support DoP into AES and optical?

17 minutes ago, ufoerp said:

The AES cable is just Audioquest Carbon model 1 meter. And I have tried one optical cable too. Same result. 

If there is any issue with AES cable, at least optical cable should work. Actually i have tried one Audioquest optical cable and one normal PC optical cable, same result. 

Agreed. 

The AQ cable is solid.

Some other exotic cables don’t pass the specifications or are so heavy the light for optical won’t align. 

12 minutes ago, Ryan Berry said:

Thanks for the ping on this.  Yes, the QX-5 should handle DoP into these inputs correctly.  We received a direct email on this Friday and it's looking like some of the optimization we did in the rev. N code is causing issues.  This is on the QX-5 side and we expect to have new code released to correct this as soon as we isolate the cause.

-Ryan Berry

Fantastic. 

31 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

Bit rate is shown to the left on your photo. 24 bit. 😉 Probably you found it already, as it's not in your post anymore. 👍🏻

Just to make sure we stick with the standard definitions. 

Bit Depth or Word Length is commonly 16 or 24 bits. 

Bit rate is is calculated from sample rate, bit depth and channel count. 

44.100 x 16 x 2 = 1411 bit rate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AurenderAmerica said:

If the control UI appears, I would expect that the idea is that they should work. Can you send a support ticket please and we can ask Eric to check it out on Monday?

@kipdentdoes the Ravenna volume control work for you in your system? Any other Ravenna users out there?

2 minutes ago, kipdent said:

I, too, love Ravenna and the Merging+NADAC I use with my Aurender. Yes, the volume control and mute functions within Conductor work flawlessly; however, I much prefer using the NADAC iOS app to control the NADAC (for example if I want to change the input from the Aurender's Ethernet connection to another optical or coaxial device), so I never use these controls. Additionally, I always leave the NADAC volume at "0 dB" for no attenuation, and use the volume control on my preamp to adjust listening levels.

I suspect my issue is that I use the Merging Anubis, which requires Aneman for configuration, rather than a menu to select the Aurender source like the NADAC has. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

Album covers and other metadata all come from internet sources which are available regardless of the operating system one uses.  I much prefer the way Aurender defaults to one album cover with all the metadata attached.  But if you want, say, the album art six times with the metadata for each, the conductor app permits that too.  

Not totally. I have albums with the local jpg used as album art.