IGNORED

MA Recordings download

Was looking at the MA Recordings website and noticed that the first Sera Una Noche album is being offered as a download now! It's a bit on the pricey side at $40, the same as the DVD that was being sold. It is a 24/96 recording and download and the blurb states that aside from fade ins and outs there has not been any processing of the files at all. I'm seriously considering this despite the cost. I'd certainly jump at the follow up album, even at $40. Has anyone heard this and compared it to the 2nd album?

Ser Una Noche Hi Rez Download, MA Recordings

isaac

I obtained the DVD from Todd some time ago. Even though most of the program is 24/96 WAV files there are some songs - Malena, Soledad and, my favorite, Nublado, that come as x64 DSF versions on the DVD as well. I also have the La Segunda disk. All of the songs here are .WAV files but at 24/176.4. They are both great albums. If I had to choose just one the first one - if for no other reason than the Nublado track, would be the one. Still you can't go wrong with any of Todd's wares.

Thanks for that link! My player can't handle double DSD... Still, they have several other albums in wave and flac that I'm interested in. I also notice that Kurshvo is now available as a high res title as well over in the MA site. Hope that will be available as a download as well. Now if I could just figure out that Japanese website...

Thanks for that link! My player can't handle double DSD... Still, they have several other albums in wave and flac that I'm interested in. I also notice that Kurshvo is now available as a high res title as well over in the MA site. Hope that will be available as a download as well. Now if I could just figure out that Japanese website...

Your best bet is to view the eOnkyo Music site with Google Chrome. It auto translates the site as you navigate it.

I went ahead and got Sera Una Noche. When I got the link to download I thanked Todd and asked about La Segunda. I love that album and have listened to it a ton of times on Spotify. He said that it will be up on the site to buy shortly! He also said that it was news to him that the album was on Spotify so something weird Is going on. Anyway, it looks as though there will be more high res content available from MA Recordings soon!

There are a couple of good albums by the jazz artists Peter Epstein, Ralph Alessi, Michael Cain and Markus Stockhausen on the MA label (they are quite well known worldwide because they also recorded for ECM), made in hi-rez but only available on CD. Some tracks have been released on a SACD sampler:

MAonSA, MA Recordings

The MA recordings sound fantastic. I would love to get these as hi-rez downloads.

My favourite is this one: Peter Epstein Old School, MA Recordings

Claude

I got a DVD-ROM sampler from MA (not anymore on the website) and the sound is better than CDs (which are some of the best sounding CDs)but not so much that I would get them all again but I would get a few of my favorites especially Salterio, Mudejar, The Splendour of Al-Andalus and Luz Destino.

I only know two audiophile labels that have both exquisite sound quality AND taste. MA Recordings and Water Lily Acoustics have never let me down. While many Water Lily recordings are available (DSD from the analog masters over on Acoustic Sounds) it's great to see MA Recordings join in as well. Love hearing about other's favorites from MA, I will try to listen to those at some point and see what I think:)

• 3 years later...

Is it even possible to buy from MA Recordings anymore? The website is telling me it cannot ship a download to my physical address... :)

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

On 2/12/2015 at 9:21 AM, Isaacc7 said:

I went ahead and got Sera Una Noche. When I got the link to download I thanked Todd and asked about La Segunda. I love that album and have listened to it a ton of times on Spotify. He said that it will be up on the site to buy shortly! He also said that it was news to him that the album was on Spotify so something weird Is going on. Anyway, it looks as though there will be more high res content available from MA Recordings soon!

Something weird with Spotify, really, say it aint so.  Guess they are continuing their illegal activity as usual...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

19 hours ago, miguelito said:

Is it even possible to buy from MA Recordings anymore? The website is telling me it cannot ship a download to my physical address... :)

If you’re having trouble just email Todd. It’s a very manual process. I’m sure he can make it happen. 

10 minutes ago, Isaacc7 said:

If you’re having trouble just email Todd. It’s a very manual process. I’m sure he can make it happen. 

I did. He got back to me and we got it done. Thx.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics