IGNORED

List of confirmed gapless DSD streamers.

Please post confirmation.

By "streamer" I mean from a upnp networked share.

I don't mean SMB, or via USB.

It's hard to find a definitive list. If there is one, kindly link me to it. This tends to get lost in rhetoric.

I don't want opinion.

I just want facts. Yes or no.

I'll kick things off.

Lumin.

Auralic Aires.

Sonore Rendu

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Pioneer N50A. (According to another forum member)

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

^ Edit to post 2. Apparently according to Japanese website: "Coming" Spring 2015 with firmware update.

Can't help adding Mac OS X to Mac OS X to that list.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Can't help adding Mac OS X to Mac OS X to that list.

Care to explain why?

Any lastgen marantz Avr ... prolly many others (denon, onkyo, pioneer, sony, etc)

Last gen streamers from the same companies too

That's all stuff a read in the specs, haven't tried any myself.

I'm streaming gapless DSD to my Marantz SR6009 AVR from my Buffalo Linkstation LS421DE NAS.

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

Quick Q, did you by any chance compare the stereo SQ of the 6009 with previous marantz models (e.g. x007, x008 lines)

No I did not but I did compare it to my old Denon X4000. The X4000 was a small bit brighter then the Marantz.

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

• 1 month later...

I'm a recent owner of Pioneer N50A streamer.

In my experience, it is not gapless in DSD, even if controlled by its own keyboard.

I wondered how did this member managed to use the N50A in DSD.

My server is Synology last version of DSM, gapless in other formats when controlled from the device.

Jean-David

Pioneer N50A. (According to another forum member)

Hi Jean-David,

I believe that Wappinghigh was referring to this post:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/new-pioneer-streamers-22205/#post377634

So DSD gapless support for the N-50A & N-70A streamers is not currently available, but should be sorted out by the proposed (presumably firmware) update. See info on Pioneer Japan's site - Google Translate 'was my friend!':

?????????????????N-70A??N-50A? ??????????????????? | ???? | ??????? | ?????????

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

• 5 months later...

The firmware update is out for the N50a. I updated, but havent had time to try it. It does a hard reset on the machine which is a little bit of a pain, but should be only a matter of minutes to find out how to change the language to english....

• 1 month later...