IGNORED

DAC Assistance

After weeks of hardware issues, managed to finally build my fanless computer.

To make things exciting, I also ordered a new Luxman DA-06 DAC.

Now, I'am running windows 8 on the pc and Jmedia player.

Struggled last night to get any output to the DAC.

Installed drivers that came with the luxman, also installed luxmans media player.

I cannot see a USB DAC in Sound- control panel.

I can see jmedia player there, buts that's not what I should be looking at right ?

In jmedia under options, audio settings I can see luxman asio , but when I select that and try playing music it says the luxman cannot play 44100 Hz music.

I also tried connecting the DAC directly to the usb port of my windows 7 laptop but again I could not see the luxman dac in sound setting within control panel.

The dac is powered on and usb is selected as input.

Not sure what is wrong here or what I'am missing.

Appreciate some experienced troubleshooting.

After weeks of hardware issues, managed to finally build my fanless computer.

To make things exciting, I also ordered a new Luxman DA-06 DAC.

Now, I'am running windows 8 on the pc and Jmedia player.

Struggled last night to get any output to the DAC.

Installed drivers that came with the luxman, also installed luxmans media player.

I cannot see a USB DAC in Sound- control panel.

I can see jmedia player there, buts that's not what I should be looking at right ?

In jmedia under options, audio settings I can see luxman asio , but when I select that and try playing music it says the luxman cannot play 44100 Hz music.

I also tried connecting the DAC directly to the usb port of my windows 7 laptop but again I could not see the luxman dac in sound setting within control panel.

The dac is powered on and usb is selected as input.

Not sure what is wrong here or what I'am missing.

Appreciate some experienced troubleshooting.

Go into device manager and see if your driver is listed under sound and video controllers. If it is not then your dac and the computer are simply not seeing each other. Usually the dac must be set to the usb output and connected. If you reboot and the computer still does not see even an unknown device then the Luxman is not sending any signal from the usb port. At that point it would be more a Luxman problem than a windows problem. Any device plugged into the usb port will at least raise an "unknown device" message. No message no signal. Unlikely but maybe a bad cable?

All working now.Changed the USB cable and all fine. I now have wasapi, Asio, direct sound. Which one is the best ?

Using wasapi at the moment. All running fine.

ASIO is the most direct path from the player to the device. ASIO bypasses the mire and it's about the best we have, use it above all else.

Direct Sound is used only for trouble shooting, it's more of a safe-mode use. That's a mutli level nightmare of layer upon layer, to be avoided for normal use.

Wasapi is a little better than Direct Sound, but ASIO trumps them all.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

ASIO is the most direct path from the player to the device. ASIO bypasses the mire and it's about the best we have, use it above all else.

Direct Sound is used only for trouble shooting, it's more of a safe-mode use. That's a mutli level nightmare of layer upon layer, to be avoided for normal use.

Wasapi is a little better than Direct Sound, but ASIO trumps them all.

+!

The same on a Mac: ASIO wins over Core Audio

Roch