IGNORED

Number Of Threads Versus Number Of Posted Responses To Threads On CA

I frequent a number of forums this one probably second in frequency to another. It's just a general observation that it seems to me while other sites might have more subject matter, more threads started, that here at CA the response to the individual threads, the length and depth of the conversations typically runs far beyond most threads on other sites.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

Not forgetting cables. D'oh! Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

Probably true.

However, unfortunately at least half if not more of these mega-threads usually turn in endless circles around one of the usual debates (DSD vs. PCM, highres yes/no, objective vs subjective).

Yes, though fortunately even in some of these one can find jewels of real information amongst the more heated, less enlightening comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Yes, though fortunately even in some of these one can find jewels of real information amongst the more heated, less enlightening comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1. Indeed. We are lucky, often there is a pearl cast among the oinks!

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

You should start a poll...

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

I frequent a number of forums this one probably second in frequency to another. It's just a general observation that it seems to me while other sites might have more subject matter, more threads started, that here at CA the response to the individual threads, the length and depth of the conversations typically runs far beyond most threads on other sites.

Head-Fi has threads that are well over 200 pages - not responses, pages - in length but the signal-to-noise ratio is often abysmal. The Schiit Ragnarok/Yggdrasil thread exploded months before Jason finally got the 'Beta Test Ready' product announcement for the Rag up on Schiit's website but I pity anyone who goes back through that thread looking for anything beyond speculation and a few posts from Jason outlining the problems they had with suppliers etc. CA also had a massive thread on the Ayre QB9-DSD that degenerated into a slanging match between Charlie Hansen and a few of the regulars on this board - in short, I take your point but I dont associate the value of a thread with the number of responses.

Just one more headphone and I know I can kick this nasty little habit !

... -in short, I take your point but I dont associate the value of a thread with the number of responses.

I would propose that in many (most) cases that the value is roughly inversely proportional to the number of responses, after the first five or ten. But, hey, no one forces me to read them.

The Album of the Evening thread is a notable exception. Nearing 300 pages now and there are many many jewels of information there.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star