IGNORED

Recommendation for headphones/headset

I'm looking for good headphones/headset for music, gaming and movies (all in all)

I also have a fetish for good looking headphones/headsets

I've seen some good reviews on the following :

Sennheisers HD598

ATH-M50X

I've also seen some mixed reviews on this one :

SteelSeries Siberia Elite

All of them are really good looking headphones in my eyes that's why I mentioning them, I don't know if they're good for my needs (music, gaming and movies all in all) so I mentioned them to get your opinions on them + I'm open for other suggestions of headphones/headsets in the same price range more or less of these headphones/headsets I mentioned.

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking for good headphones/headset for music, gaming and movies (all in all)

Sennheisers HD598

ATH-M50X

All of them are really good looking headphones in my eyes that's why I mentioning them, I don't know if they're good for my needs (music, gaming and movies all in all) so I mentioned them to get your opinions on them + I'm open for other suggestions of headphones/headsets in the same price range more or less of these headphones/headsets I mentioned.

Thanks in advance!

I'd choose the v-moda M100 in matte black. I usually refer to it as the king of headphones.

I don't think both are my types :S

*Please don't judge me it's not that I'm willing to completely choose headphones based on the look and not on sound quality but I just want something that I'll be happy not just to hear with but to look at, I know it might sound pretty stupid :x

maybe something that looks better ? xD

Like I said I have fetish for nice looking headphones and I gave examples of headphones/sets that I think look good :P

headphones.jpg

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I don't think both are my types :S

*Please don't judge me it's not that I'm willing to completely choose headphones based on the look and not on sound quality but I just want something that I'll be happy not just to hear with but to look at, I know it might sound pretty stupid :x

You apparently have an Internet connection, so which headphones have you researched so far?

Do u have a preference for open or closed headphones? I prefer closed because there is no leakage of sound an more sound isolation. But open phones have more open sound. Are they just for house listening or portable? Plenty of variations. I love the Mr Speaker line of headphones but they are not definitely portable.

The Vmodas are great all around headphones.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14103[/ATTACH]

lovely headphones..

Bowers & Wilkins P7 Mobile Hi-Fi headphones

Above your stated price range, but look and sound great.

not really my type and it's really above my budget anyway :P

You apparently have an Internet connection, so which headphones have you researched so far?

Well I've looked at Sennheisers headphones, AKG, Audio Technica, Steel Series and some random ones that I don't remember their brand

I've gave examples of what I liked look-wise, I don't know if any of them will be good for my needs

Do u have a preference for open or closed headphones? I prefer closed because there is no leakage of sound an more sound isolation. But open phones have more open sound. Are they just for house listening or portable? Plenty of variations. I love the Mr Speaker line of headphones but they are not definitely portable.

The Vmodas are great all around headphones.

I think I prefer closed because I would like privacy and also not to bother others, also someone recommended me the VModa first post but it wasn't really my cup of tea look-wise

Ok I thought of something, I prefer closed headphones, I'm currently using sennheiser HD 212PRO, I want something similar to this, I'm sure they're not really gaming headphones but I like them, I want something that music and videos will shine with and as long as they will be on the same level (or even above) with the HD 212PRO for gaming I would be happy with that but not lower than how good they're with gaming.

What about the Momentums ?

Ok I thought of something, I prefer closed headphones, I'm currently using sennheiser HD 212PRO, I want something similar to this, I'm sure they're not really gaming headphones but I like them, I want something that music and videos will shine with and as long as they will be on the same level (or even above) with the HD 212PRO for gaming I would be happy with that but not lower than how good they're with gaming.

What about the Momentums ?

The Momentums would be a great choice! The cups are a bit smaller than the HD212s so they won't go fully around the ear, but the sound and design is superb - perfect for what you need them for.

The Momentums would be a great choice! The cups are a bit smaller than the HD212s so they won't go fully around the ear, but the sound and design is superb - perfect for what you need them for.

I second the momentums (have listened to them with my geek out 450 and are a great match) and I will add PSB

M4U 2 Headphones - PSB Speakers

Great looking and very good sound. If travelling and noise cancelling is important, they have that option too.

Sennheisers HD598

ATH-M50X

Thanks in advance!

I have the Sennheiser HD595 which is the immediate predecessor of the 598 and very similar. I've compared a lot of headphones in this price range and found it to be the best value for money. Plus, it is very comfortable even for wearing it several hours.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14103[/ATTACH]

Ahhh, Jecklin Floats. Wonderful sound but made one look a complete prat!!! :)

Synology NAS, Mac Mini 2011 (with SSD and 16GB RAM), Lampizator L4 Gen4 PCM DAC, Concert Fidelity CF-080 LSX2 line pre-amp, SGR CX4F active speakers, Apple iPad (as remote).

Software: OS X Mavericks, Amarra Symphony 3.0 with iRC/Audirvana Plus 1.5.12/, Remoter VNC (on iPad). CAD OS X script v2.2 (to remove redundant processes).

OS X Mavericks running from SD card; 8 GB RAM disk for music files.

All connected via a snakes nest of various exotic cables! ;o)

• 2 months later...