IGNORED

Article: CATV Episode 5 - Dynaudio Xeo 4 and Xeo 6 North American Debut

Thanks for doing this.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

Please don't take this personally, but for someone that has an "audiophile" based internet magazine, I would think that your listening room was fully dialed in with lots of room treatment. The room accounts for about 50% of what you are hearing.

System consists of Late 2012 iMac, i5, 1TB Fusion drive, 16GB RAM, Drobo Mini w/4-256GB SSD, MIT StyleLink USB Plus, MIT CVT Terminator 1 Bi-Wire, Totem Mani-2 Signature, Bel Canto C5i. I go back and forth between Pure Music, Audirvana, Bit Perfect, Amarra as they all have features I like. I like to mix it up from time to time. :-)

Please don't take this personally, but for someone that has an "audiophile" based internet magazine, I would think that your listening room was fully dialed in with lots of room treatment. The room accounts for about 50% of what you are hearing.

Hi DRB - Don't worry I don't take anything personally :~)

Not a single person who has visited my room has recommended room treatments. I have it dialed in very well. Fortunately I sit about nine feet from the speakers. This reduces the effect of the room.

That said, I'd love to measure my room and try all kinds of room treatments.

I have the Linn Exact system coming in August. This system is tuned for each listening environment.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi, I've got a question for Chris. I'm in the market for speakers (a present for my bf) and I was perhaps you can help me. What exactly I am looking for is a nice, wireless pair of speakers...in other words ''all-in-one'' solution. He has his own system, but he doesn't like all the wiring and having all separate components next to the speaker. So I guess what I need is an active speaker w/DAC already implemented inside. I think they call them fully integrated? Anyway, right now I am considering the following speakers:

- Xeo 4

- Eclipse TD-M1

You've mentioned Linn Exact system. Do they fall under that category as well and if they do, which models are they?

All the best,

Mille

Hi, I've got a question for Chris. I'm in the market for speakers (a present for my bf) and I was perhaps you can help me. What exactly I am looking for is a nice, wireless pair of speakers...in other words ''all-in-one'' solution. He has his own system, but he doesn't like all the wiring and having all separate components next to the speaker. So I guess what I need is an active speaker w/DAC already implemented inside. I think they call them fully integrated? Anyway, right now I am considering the following speakers:

- Xeo 4

- Eclipse TD-M1

You've mentioned Linn Exact system. Do they fall under that category as well and if they do, which models are they?

All the best,

Mille

Hi Millie - The Exakt system is a bit different from the Xeo system. Exakt isn't wireless and it requires an Exakt DS player combined with the Exakt speakers. Here is a link hhttp://www.linn.co.uk/systems/technology/exakt

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Chris, thanks for your prompt reply. I just looked at their website and there are couple of speakers that caught my attention:

KLIMAX 350A

MAJIC 109

KIKO

It says they come with their own source, which is not a problem as long as they support Wifi/AirPlay since he usually streams music from his laptop.

So my question is do they need seperate DAC/AMP as well? Is this something you would recommend?

PS Right, it seems like Kiko system is the only speaker that fits the bill. Since you've already listened to both Xeo 4 and 6, how would you compare it to its predecessor?

I really like the DSP in the new Xeo models. I have them placed against a wall and in a corner right now. I just the Wall setting for the left speaker and Corner setting for the right speaker. The sound improved greatly.

Not a single person who has visited my room has recommended room treatments. I have it dialed in very well. Fortunately I sit about nine feet from the speakers. This reduces the effect of the room.

I have the Linn Exact system coming in August. This system is tuned for each listening environment.

Hello Chris.

I know Exact, but was unimpressed by an audition...I know Linn folks sell the idea that you can place it freely and dsp will take care....I supose is not exactly true and I urge you to also test a more conventional placement (besides linns suggestion)...

The logic being, of course, the more optimized the placement, the less dsp will have to work or correct.

• 2 weeks later...

It was just a knee-jerk observation that's all. I like your TAD's. Nice choice. :-)

If you ever check into room treatment, the first thing to check into is low frequency absorption. It's typically the most difficult and costly and when it's done right, the rest falls into place a lot easier.

System consists of Late 2012 iMac, i5, 1TB Fusion drive, 16GB RAM, Drobo Mini w/4-256GB SSD, MIT StyleLink USB Plus, MIT CVT Terminator 1 Bi-Wire, Totem Mani-2 Signature, Bel Canto C5i. I go back and forth between Pure Music, Audirvana, Bit Perfect, Amarra as they all have features I like. I like to mix it up from time to time. :-)

• 5 months later...