IGNORED

Opinions on New JRemote version released May 6, 2014

In the new version there is no option to view a cover in large view,

only when the track is in the playlist ... :(

But I really like the new 'features'

I may not be understanding your point correctly but in the "Now Playing" window with the an album song list on the left and a thumbnail of the artwork on the right selecting that artwork will give you a full screen view. Is that what you are wanting?

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
Nono! I want to see a cover in large view without having to add it to the playlist ...

Okay, one more try. When I open JRemote on the "Home" page in the lower left corner is a thumbnail of the current song playing whether from a playlist or selected album. Simply selected the thumbnail gives a full screen view of the artwork. If that's not it I'm out as I don't understand what you are needing.

Frank Zappa

Maybe my light just went on. Do you want to see a full view of cover art from a song that is not playing? I understand in previous versions you could do that.

Frank Zappa

I just read on the JRiver board that an upgrade is coming to turn off color animation so my "major" complaint will apparently be addressed. In all honesty I have gotten used to the look of the new version but still will like the option for the neutral background.

Frank Zappa
I contacted JRemote with a couple of emails on Wednesday expressing my opinion and asking for an option to have the Legacy version. I've no reply as of this time.

I just wanted to comment that I did receive follow up emails and want to reiterate how much I like JRemote. It's a great app

Frank Zappa

Version 3.01 is out - several fixes, including some of the annoyances mentioned on this thread.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 weeks later...

There is one thing bothering me from the begining of JRemote, the design of selection window and now playing window. They are always different, as I'm using two different programs, for example in latest release, selection window has nice grey color, but when you switch to now playing is plain ugly black.