IGNORED

HQ Player

6 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

I am now testing whether I can do without a preamp, in which I use the volume control of the HQPlayers. 😉

Hi Gabriel,

a kind of downsizing? 😮 Imagine you would have purchased the T+A SD 3100 HV (with integrated NAA!) instead of the Termi (and the Monos). Or the SDV 3100 HV. Now with your Monos you could sell the HV amp. 😉

Cheers,

Mario

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

22 hours ago, satbaba said:

Is it useful to use Fidelizer or AudiophileOptimizer when playing Microrendu + NAA + Hqplayer3

Depends on the Windows version you are using. In Windows Server (core) AO makes Windows "ready" for HQPlayer (qwave thing) and also you can autostart the HQPlayer by shell replacement (or by Fidelizer).

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

11 hours ago, DancingSea said:

There’s a massive thread on the PSA forums where many many DS owners have seen improvements by using a Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 to convert usb to I2S.  

I too bought a Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 when I had my DS DAC. I liked that it can "convert" DoP to native DSD. The biggest surprise - soundwise - gave me a Pi3 / HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro / Audio-GD I2S-to-HDMI modul diy-solution with the PiCorePlayer and later RoPieee.

When I sold the DS DAC I also sold the X-SPDIF 2 just to buy another one after I bought a Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA). With the X-Sabre Pro in synchronous mode the X-SPDIF 2 is the "master" (after turning on the MCLK dip) when connected via I2S. I am still not sure if that does bring something. Sometimes I think oh yes, sometimes hmmm... What I am sure about is the good quality of the USB interface of the DAC. I like to listen via USB very much. Maybe I have to spend the X-SPDIF 2 a good power supply.

22 minutes ago, Yviena said:

Do you find the sound from the xspdif-2 to be better, or comparable to straight USB input?

Not that easy to answer. I "think" the X-SPDIF 2 is not really necessary when you have one (computer) source only. USB does a great job and I have the feeling the sound via the X-SPDIF 2 is not really better than via USB input of the X-Sabre Pro (MQA). But I should mention that I (still) don't use an external ps for the X-SPDIF 2. It uses the 5V via USB cable. 

Also I have maybe too many variables here to make a serious comparison. I use a Element H that for some reason seems to "work" only on Windows, soundwise. The card never could convince me on Linux. No matter if with Audiolinux or Euphony. One reason could be that these both Linux versions give realtime priority to USB in general. That means to the USB ports from the mainboard. Not to the irq the PCIe cards are using. Well, I am no expert.

I still have a NUC7CJYH as endpoint in use. I could try to make a comparison with its two rear USB ports. From one straight to the USB input and from the other one via X-SPDIF 2 to the I2S input of the X-Sabre Pro.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, LoryWiv said:

Well @Miska I installed HQP Desktop 4.32 with high hopes, but unfortunately having exactly the same issue that prevented me from using 4.31. Specifically, as shown in the screenshots below, anytime I have client / server both running there is consumption of 14-16% of my cpu cycles with no music files loaded, both client and server inactive. This obviously limits my ability to use EC modulators at higher rates. When I roll back to 4.301 with no other changes to my system configuration, this behaviour is not evident. Please address this with an update ASAP as one of the major value aspects of purchasing HQ Player is the ability to update as you release new versions, but something clearly was "broken" after 4.30 as my system is completely unchanged, but the newer versions "hog" cpu resources even when idyl. Thank you very much!

With HQP Desktop 4.32:

4_32.thumb.jpg.d977b77c9ef02ce736b16f5235e7dc1f.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

With HQP Desktop 4.30spacer.pngspacer.png

4_30.thumb.jpg.0db210ca223ef5d7b986daa091ea7b78.jpg

I can not confirm this atleast not for my system:

HQPlayer 4.3.0.1:

HQP_4.3.0.1.jpg

HQPlayer 4.3.2:

HQP_4.3.2.jpg

• 11 months later...
12 hours ago, GoldenOne said:

has anyone been able to get 1.536mhz working with an NAA?
I've tried with both a pi4 (USB 3 and USB 2 ports) and my sms200 ultra but cannot get it to work.

1.536 mHz is no problem with the NAA image and a NUC7i7DNKE here. DAC Bits is set to 20. Even when I was playing around with Diretta 1.4112 and 1.536 mHz were no problem but I had set DAC Bits to 16.

4 minutes ago, denniswaugh said:

I can't see HQplayer OS download at the bottom of the page either.

https://www.signalyst.com/embedded-install.html?

55 minutes ago, Miska said:

Holo Spring 2 and May. T+A HA 200, SD 3100 HV, SDV 3100 HV. And then bunch of Denafrips devices at least. And likely something from Singxer etc.

Wow! The T+A devices accept 1.536 mHz, too? Do they know about this at Herford? 🤔🙂

Ah ok. 

19 minutes ago, Miska said:

I don't know about that (or very interested either), but they do accept DSD1024. Which is the same from USB point of view.

Ah ok. I thought PCM 1.536 was the topic.

1 hour ago, Luca72c said:

I tried as you suggest, but it doesn't work. When i go to Library page i select /smb to scan, i get "success" but after the 10 seconds wait i find an empty library.

Accessing embedded via HQPlayer client i find an empty library just the same.

All the music files in my NAS are flac, with some wav, and all are normally readable and playable by HQPlayer Desktop on windows.

So what am i doing wrong?

This site hast helped me to add my NAS folder music to library. I guess it is the samba version thing and probably you must add vers=1.0

12 minutes ago, Miska said:

For security reasons SMB support in Linux defaults to vers=3

If needed, one can login and do "nano /etc/fstab" and edit/fix the corresponding mount line with needed options etc.

Yes, that's what I did after I found the solution via G****e. It seems my Synology NAS doesn't support version 3.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Usually NAS devices run some form of Linux and thus Samba as SMB server on it. But it needs to be some really old version of Samba if it doesn't support v3. Due to the security reasons Samba defaults to v3 these days.

I checked the Samba settings of my NAS and indeed I could change the Maximum SMB-Protocol from SMB2 to SMB3. Minimum SMB-Protocol is SMB1. So probably, I could remove vers=1.0 from fstab now but better I won't touch the running system. 🙂

On 2/15/2021 at 11:55 AM, Miska said:

You enter the share address like "//192.168.1.10/music" and then username and password for it. It will end up mounted under "/smb" path.

In the drop-down menu on the entry there is "/smb". This is the one to use for a network mount.

Ok, I did it as described above and it works (after I have changed the Maximum SMB-Protocol from SMB2 to SMB3 in the Samba settings of my Synology NAS. I wonder why that was not set by default). HQPe is re-scanning my music folders for more than one hour now but I already can play the detected music using HQPDcontrol.

2 hours ago, sgb said:

6 hours ago, Luca72c said:  "just to suggest one among many, add an option for SMB vers. 1.0 in your NetworkMount page"

I have the same problem with my NAS. But I gave up trying the hqplayer-embedded-4.22.0-x64.7z.

So now two persons have reported this problem.

I too had this problem but didn't report. 😀 But I think @Patatorz had the same problem and has reported about it.

Well, the first step should be to have a look in the Samba settings of the NAS. At least for Synology NAS devices that's the easy way to solve it.

1 hour ago, sgb said:

I set the Samba settings to the highest settings including SMB3 and excluding SMB1 on My Synology NAS but it didn't work with hqplayer-embedded-4.22.0-x64.7z

I just updated to version 4.22.0-x64 and only needed to add Share, Username and Password (after restoring the settings and library backup) without to need to edit the fstab.

I took a pic of my Synology Samba settings (sorry in German):

SMB3.jpg

@Luca72c , @sgb

Copied from Facebook:

"HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.22.1 released.

Add DSP initialization cache for most time consuming algorithms. Optimizations and bug fixes. On HQPlayer OS mount option for old SMBv1 protocol shares."

And sorry to the HQPlayer Desktop users. I guess all the embedded stuff rather belongs to the HQPlayer embedded thread.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

My failing memory needs a little help, if anyone would be so kind.  Where is the X64 HQPlayer OS image for NAA located on the Signalyst site?  I just looked and could only find the ones labeled “...embedded...”. Thanks in advance.  

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/images/

13 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

Think about Lumïn and Auralic just to mention two .... they do rely on upnp and gapless and their value/appeal should be less then 0 if upnp and gapless weren’t reliable.

Lumin and Auralic use OpenHome when I remember right. I had an Aries Femto many years ago and added BubbleUPnP to my Minimserver at that time.

34 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

OpenHome is UPNP with Linn extension .... gapless is standard in upnp ... check SetNextAVTransport ...

All I wanted to say was that Auralic and Lumin use OpenHome instead of just UPnP. You may check this and ask them why.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lpost said:

I'm struggling to get it to work. I have a share that I can access without issue from other Windows and MacOS machines. I'm using //192.168.1.87/music (I've also tried //192.168.1.87/Music to no avail) but I'm not prompted for credentials nor is anything found when I have it scan /smb.

Do you have a NAS for your music? Maybe it's the Samba version thing again. I had to activate the Samba version 3 on my Synology NAS. Though the latest HQPe version offers support for Samba version 1.

1 hour ago, lpost said:

I battling to understand a problem. HW is Holo May USB to Asrock x370 Pro gaming motherboard.

I can mostly get it to work with 768PCM. Great. But sometimes, and once it occurs it's tough to get it working again...booting up the DAC will sync at 48k with PC once powered up. As HQPe OS boots and enables the USB device the DAC will 'unlock' quickly 'lock' again at 48k and then display DSD512X and HQPe console reports USB device connected followed by 'unsupported format bits'. 

I've tried 0, 16 and 20 for DAC bits, doesn't seem to matter. I've tried disabling the DAC PLL, no change. Any ideas where the problem lies?

In the screen shot I manually pulled USB and reinserted to generate message.

IMG_1623.thumb.jpeg.57f3642e9fdfcd6a801ce876b42c3f97.jpeg

Not sure if it the same with Spring 2 and May DAC but I had to install a different firmware to make my Spring 2 ready for 1411/1536kHz. It came with the '768kHz firmware' to be compatible with JCAT USB Femto and Matrix Element H. (I see 1024x in the display.)

I am not at home at the moment so please check the Kitsune site for the firmware versions.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, woshifeng3627 said:

I didn't turn on WIFI, and now I'm disabling it, but HQ still can't find A26

3.thumb.jpg.23a696832526b346a65b367a30e3bd69.jpg

Did you already try 'NetworkAudioAdapter' instead of 'NetworkAudioAdapter IPv6'? IPv6 doesn't work with my AH90.

ah90.jpg

6 minutes ago, woshifeng3627 said:

I've tried everything, but I can't,It seems that your AKM component is also the same as mine A26. Have you enabled DSD direct connection? It seems that it is not suitable for 48KDSD and adaptive speed.

Yes I have enabled DSD direct. I had to install the beta dsd direct firmware before. 48k DSD does work here.

Another hint maybe. Please switch to another input and then back to LAN input. Maybe that helps. At least I have to do this after using the LAN input with Roon. Additionally to disabling my AH90 on Roon.

7 minutes ago, woshifeng3627 said:

I have tried everything and it still doesn't work, but ROON can connect and play DSD music normally. However, HQ's network connection is still not as good as ROON's. HQ's network connection should need to be optimized, and it is best to connect easily like ROON without too complicated settings and operations. I know, 48KDSD can work, but 48K xDSD512 cannot be selected. Only 44.1K x256 can be selected, and for 48K audio sources, it is a DSD up to 6.14M, not an 11.2M DSD

Well, I have no problems with my AH90 (Gustarender 1v43) as a NAA. (Note again it doesn't work here with protocol IPv6). The only issue I have is the MAC address is changing each time you turn on the AH90 or after switching the inputs so the ip address is changing, too. It's a problem here with JPLAY iOS but neither with Roon or HQPlayer.