IGNORED

HQ Player

If Miska could assist in helping with problem to playback DSD on Playback Designs MPD-3 would be greatly appreciated.

Referring Posts : 317, 320, 326 .

I think PBD needs the same setting change as Merging, so see post #324.

I have put this setting back to Settings/Preferences dialog in upcoming 3.5.0 so that there's no need to manually do it through config file editing...

So what should be added to the <asio> element in XML is

pdm_div="1"

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I think PBD needs the same setting change as Merging, so see post #324.

I have put this setting back to Settings/Preferences dialog in upcoming 3.5.0 so that there's no need to manually do it through config file editing...

So what should be added to the <asio> element in XML is

pdm_div="1"

OK I will add the code line and see what happens at the end of the month, currently away.

Anyway big thanks for the advice.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

HAs anybody tried HQPlayer embedded yet? PLease post experiences. Thanks

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Interested but which linux work best for the embedded HQplayer

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

I am using HQPlayer in Windows 7 and it sounds wonderful. I am having a problem getting it to display cover art. I have my cover art in each folder as a jpg. No matter what I try I cannot get cover art to display. I even tried to embed the cover art in the flac files and that has not worked. I would appreciate any suggestions about how to get this working with cover art. I am using xrecode II software to split out all my flac files within their folders so that the track information displays.

PS: I love this program. The sound quality is astounding played through my dsd dac with redbook converted to dsd 256. Just amazing.

I am using HQPlayer in Windows 7 and it sounds wonderful.

PS: I love this program. The sound quality is astounding played through my dsd dac with redbook converted to dsd 256. Just amazing.

what settings are you using and which DAC do you have ?

have you tried any 24/96 or 24/192 material converted to DSD256 ?

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

I have no problem displaying cover art with Win 7 in desktop and full screen mode.

Every album folder has a jpg file in it called folder.jpg. Each file size is always between 300x300 and 700x700, athough I doubt it is a problem to show larger cover art.

I once could not display art because the directory name contained unusual characters like "&%..." (it was an album by Aimee Mann).

Sometimes, if you want to force HQPlayer to see the cover art you just added, I noticed that it is better to delete the album directory from the Library, save, exit, and then re-add the album directory to the Library.

A problem one may encounter is cover art disappears after initial displaying. This may be due to some "house keeping" on either system HD or library HD that the user is involved during playback, after initial start.

Other than this you should not have problems displaying cover art.

In Full Screen mode I have trouble seeing the cover art on the first page (the page where you browse your entire library by cover art). If I use the third page to find my music [Artist > Album > Tracks] and then swipe to the second screen to play music I always get my cover art. But even then, while music is playing and I can see the cover art on the second screen, a swipe to the first screen will usually show a blank for that album's cover. Overall on the first screen I would say that about 10% of the cover art comes through.

Everything is tagged in JRMC, written to the files, and checked with MP3Tag. It's all there. The library has about 1,000 albums and a little over 10,000 tracks.

Has anyone else seen this?

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

what settings are you using and which DAC do you have ?

have you tried any 24/96 or 24/192 material converted to DSD256 ?

I was not really expecting to comment on the dac as it is a new product and I intend to review it. It is the Artt Labs Adea Aud10. As far as I know I am the only one outside of China or HK that has this new sample. It is native dsd up to 512 using ess9018 and a custom version of the Amanero usb from Italy. I will reserve other comments for the review.

I have it set with poly-sinc-short-mp, DSD7, and set for dsd256 rate set for SDM playback. I have not tried to convert high res pcm yet. I have played several native dsd and it works perfectly without any clicks or pops.

In Full Screen mode I have trouble seeing the cover art on the first page (the page where you browse your entire library by cover art). If I use the third page to find my music [Artist > Album > Tracks] and then swipe to the second screen to play music I always get my cover art. But even then, while music is playing and I can see the cover art on the second screen, a swipe to the first screen will usually show a blank for that album's cover. Overall on the first screen I would say that about 10% of the cover art comes through.

Everything is tagged in JRMC, written to the files, and checked with MP3Tag. It's all there. The library has about 1,000 albums and a little over 10,000 tracks.

Has anyone else seen this?

I am usually real good with software but the covers are still not showing in full screen mode or any mode anywhere. My cover jpg's always show up in foobar and in JRiver. I tried relabeling one with the folder.jpg as suggested but no luck. Do these have to be added to a playlist tree in order to be seen? I have just been adding one file at a time. I have not bothered to try and make a playlist.

I am usually real good with software but the covers are still not showing in full screen mode or any mode anywhere. My cover jpg's always show up in foobar and in JRiver. I tried relabeling one with the folder.jpg as suggested but no luck. Do these have to be added to a playlist tree in order to be seen? I have just been adding one file at a time. I have not bothered to try and make a playlist.

External covers are discovered by the library scan. So you can go to Library dialog and use "Add tree..." to scan the content again. Re-scanning the content doesn't add duplicates or change any manually edited metadata, it just discovers new content and updates cover information. This way it appears in cover flow and also for playback in album mode. Naming rule is that the file must have "cover" or "folder" as part of the file name and be type jpg or png. Cover flow requires external cover art.

Cover art embedded into the content is doesn't need separate scanning and is shown while playing the particular track.

External covers are discovered by the library scan. So you can go to Library dialog and use "Add tree..." to scan the content again. Re-scanning the content doesn't add duplicates or change any manually edited metadata, it just discovers new content and updates cover information. This way it appears in cover flow and also for playback in album mode. Naming rule is that the file must have "cover" or "folder" as part of the file name and be type jpg or png. Cover flow requires external cover art.

Cover art embedded into the content is doesn't need separate scanning and is shown while playing the particular track.

Thanks Miska for this answer. I will try your suggestions tomorrow and see if that solves the problem with cover art. I will report back. Thanks again.

I tried your suggestion to add tree in library after loading a folder and it does work. If I just click add tree after loading the selected folder it picks up the cover art however if there is more than one jpg in the folder it seems to pick one at random. Not a problem I'm happy.

I tried your suggestion to add tree in library after loading a folder and it does work. If I just click add tree after loading the selected folder it picks up the cover art however if there is more than one jpg in the folder it seems to pick one at random. Not a problem I'm happy.

It picks the one that has "cover" or "folder" in the file name. If there are multiple such files, then it picks up the alphabetically first one.

Why do i get dropouts/hiccups when i pick an album stored in a NAS and drag'n'drop it to the playlist? :(

That does not occur when the album is stored in the local SSD (macbook pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5 - 8 GB DDR3)

For the record, same thing happens with other 2 players (jriver and amarra).

The only one that seems to "ignore" where the files are stored and playback without a hiccup is a+ (1.5.10)

This is keeping me off for purchasing the software.

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

Why do i get dropouts/hiccups when i pick an album stored in a NAS and drag'n'drop it to the playlist? :(

That does not occur when the album is stored in the local SSD (macbook pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5 - 8 GB DDR3)

For the record, same thing happens with other 2 players (jriver and amarra).

The only one that seems to "ignore" where the files are stored and playback without a hiccup is a+ (1.5.10)

This is presumably with OS X? Seems to be some problem related to OS X and it's CIFS handling...

Post deleted

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

That worked - thanks

When adding folders to the library how many time (depending on the size obviously) does it take?

I have my music stored in a NAS, structured like this:

>16/44

>DSD

>HR

I first started to "add tree" and choosing 16/44 (ro and coutingughly 170 GB).

It's been now at least half an hour and counting...

Normal?

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

When adding folders to the library how many time (depending on the size obviously) does it take?

I have my music stored in a NAS, structured like this:

>16/44

>DSD

>HR

I first started to "add tree" and choosing 16/44 (ro and coutingughly 170 GB).

It's been now at least half an hour and counting...

Normal?

I just scanned 300 GB worth of content over a gigabit network from a CIFS server and it took something like roughly five minutes. Machine doing scanning is slowish Core i3 laptop and server (running Linux) is a 3.2 GHz Core i5.

Sometimes anti-virus software wants to scan every file that an application accesses and this may cause quite substantial extra delays. But it depends on the AV software and it's configuration.

(for some reason Mac OS X has pretty slow CIFS, I suspect it is unable to do any file system caching for CIFS mounts, so on OS X the operation can take quite a bit of time)