IGNORED

Fidelia 1.5

Melvin

Just upgrade, nice, fluid and great sound, excellent support for VST's

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

So far Support while earnest has not helped me discover the impediment to a working software player. I have been an early adopter since before there was an advanced program. But the edition before 1.3.1 stopped working and since then nothing recommended has repaired my inoperable 1.50. This is not meant to disparage Fidelia merely to represent my situation. Hoping for a real solution so I can join others who are enjoying their edition.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Top class sound quality but... I cannot play alac files while hog mode is on. Progress slider moves no waveform appears no sound. Built in output. Macbook pro mid 2012 13" osx 10.9.2. Anybody else experiences this problem?

No, almost all my files are in lossless ALAC, and plays just fine in hog mode.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

gapless not working. this program has been a bummer since its inception.

I've never had a gapless problem with Fidelia and so far I've had a very good experience with this latest build. After reading this I ran through some gapless tunes without issue. Have you contacted Fidelia support? They normally respond quickly.

really? oh man

Yes I just did. Tried with built-in audio on the macbook as well and the same thing happens.

Yes...unfortunately. I have tried everything, support told me to try several things but still it happens. I was having no problems until version 1.3.1. Something has changed in 1.5.1(and the betas before it) with regards to built in output...but they said to me that my case is pretty isolated and there is nothing more they can do about it.

Can you try it with your built in output?

You're right, doesn't work in hog mode with built-in output, only with my Meridian Explorer :/

Also, confirm gapless doesn't work properly - there's a fairly substantial gap (~0.1 sec) between tracks :(

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Pretty isolated case my @ss... F@cking pissed off right now.

I am also dealing with a non-operational program. I can't even get it to play a track, let alone gap play. Let Support no the isolated problem seems to have a few users who feel isolated in the problem not being remedied. Isolated problem? What does that mean? If there's a problem, and one is using the program within specifications, the problem needs to be remedied unless the user is using the program outside the requirements.

In any case, wish you good fortune.

Best,

Richard

Wow, this really sucks for you guys having such problems. I'm honestly surprised Audiofile support isn't jumping all over this. I had a major problem with Pure Music a while back after not using it for some time .. it was DOA. It simply stopped working. Their support staff came up with nothing either so I trashed and re-installed the program as a last effort. Support told me it wouldn't/shouldn't work, but it did. PM now plays flawlessly. Have you guys tried this?

Wow, this really sucks for you guys having such problems. I'm honestly surprised Audiofile support isn't jumping all over this. I had a major problem with Pure Music a while back after not using it for some time .. it was DOA. It simply stopped working. Their support staff came up with nothing either so I trashed and re-installed the program as a last effort. Support told me it wouldn't/shouldn't work, but it did. PM now plays flawlessly. Have you guys tried this?

Yes, it doesn't work either. I have reported to them that we are discussing this issue here...

I am also dealing with a non-operational program. I can't even get it to play a track, let alone gap play. Let Support no the isolated problem seems to have a few users who feel isolated in the problem not being remedied. Isolated problem? What does that mean? If there's a problem, and one is using the program within specifications, the problem needs to be remedied unless the user is using the program outside the requirements.

In any case, wish you good fortune.

Best,

Richard

Exactly... Otherwise put it in your product description that you need external dac in order for your program to operate properly..

Curious about the gapless issue that has been reported so I fired up Fidelia and played some gapless files again, and there it is .. a distinct, almost imperceptible gap between tracks. I didn't detect this the first time around while playing Bill Evans Trio - Complete Live at the Village Vaguard, but after hearing the gap while listening to Charlie Haden & Kenny Barron - Night and the City, I revisited the Bill Evans recordings. It's really too bad for this otherwise great sounding build (for those of us that can actually hear it!) and I hope this will see a quick fix.

Curious about the gapless issue that has been reported so I fired up Fidelia and played some gapless files again, and there it is .. a distinct, almost imperceptible gap between tracks. I didn't detect this the first time around while playing Bill Evans Trio - Complete Live at the Village Vaguard, but after hearing the gap while listening to Charlie Haden & Kenny Barron - Night and the City, I revisited the Bill Evans recordings. It's really too bad for this otherwise great sounding build (for those of us that can actually hear it!) and I hope this will see a quick fix.

So Melvin, can you too also try alac with built in output plus hog. I am trying to make a case here!

Isolated problem? What does that mean? If there's a problem, and one is using the program within specifications, the problem needs to be remedied unless the user is using the program outside the requirements.
EXACTLY. It really bothers me when support come up with brilliant assumptions like this.

I tried Support's recommendation and deleted the Preference file. Not enough of a recommendation to get 1.50 to play. I am not posturing an altitude about Support. I merely want a solution that as an early adopter before there was an advanced edition that has since two builds ago just stopped working. All the other programs DSD enabled or not operate without a problem, except for Fidelia.

I am not taking a cheap shot when I say the Fidelity of Fidelia is so far escaping me. It would seem to me, if a registered user is impeded, provide Him (me) with steps to remove cleanly and provide with a clean full program. This is like the slow water torture. I am a team player. Bring me aboard, Support! Please already. This, these isolated problem(s) are getting crowded, unless I do not comprehend what isolated means.

We've become their beta testers in some ways. ? Fine. Help us help Fidelia. Win-win works for me. when we can,

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Here is a list of what I have tried so far.

Delete the preference file.

Delete the app and reinstalling it.

SMC and PRAM reset.

Delete background apps.( I don't have many just 2)

As far as trying to stop services, I do not know which are useful and how to stop them, so I have not taken that path.

Used onyx to make a thorough clean of my system.

Tried repairing disk permissions.

Thing is that non of them worked. I own fidelia from version 1.2.1. Until 1.3.1 never had such problem. So it is not my system. It is something changed in the new fidelia that causes this conflict. When I first reported this they told me this is a known issue happening to osx lion users... But I was using maverics at the moment and mountain lion before...

As far as the isolated issue, 2 out of 3 people I have asked here have the same problem with me... They told me that they are sorry that cannot reproduce my problem. Did they bother trying their app on other macs? I don't care what mac, find a mac which has this issue with the app and examine it. I even sent them the error that was constantly appearing on the console when I was playing alac with hog and built in and they didn't know what to do. It was strange to them.

I don't know...Maybe in a year from now, because this is how long it takes them to update fidelia we will see a fix...