IGNORED

Fidelia 1.5

Melvin

Are there any noticeable improvements in 1.5.3? I have the App Store version and the update is not available yet.

I haven't noticed a difference compared to the last beta release. Great sound and rock solid performance. Now if we could have better library management ..

I haven't noticed a difference compared to the last beta release. Great sound and rock solid performance. Now if we could have better library management ..

Thanks Melvin. I havent tried the beta. I am still using 1.5.2. I think that I have read on their website that they will give lots of love in interface and library management in the upcoming version 2!

• 2 weeks later...

Does Fidelity support Direct /Integer Mode in Mac OS?

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

Does Fidelity support Direct /Integer Mode in Mac OS?

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... to bad

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings fellow computer audiophiles! Just discovered this site and am wondering why it took me so long to do so! This is my first post! Hopefully some of you good folk can help me out.

Since version 1.5, the FHX equalization for treble and bass now has selectable frequencies. What do these frequencies represent, the cut off or starting point?

I just love how Audiofile releases a new refined feature and says absolutely nothing about it in the newly re-designed manual.

• 2 months later...

I have just downloaded Fidelia. I've been trying different players including Amarra and Audirvana +. Been using Jriver in my office system for several months. It is too early to tell but I rather prefer Audirvana+, especially if the rumored library functionality ever shows up. Amarra just seems a bit funky. I am trying to stay away from iTunes library management. Anyway, the current version of Fidelia has working gapless (at least it does on Dark Side). As far as sound goes, I am uncertain at this point.

• 4 months later...

Just a few comments before this thread becomes completely irrelevant.

I'll start by saying I still enjoy the sound quality of Fidelia 1.5.3 very much. While there are other audio apps I'm also quite fond of and use regularly (Amarra Symphony, HQPlayer), Fidelia Advanced remains in rotation.

The library .. it's OK. It gets the job done. In the past I've stated I would like a "better" implementation although I'm not sure what that would be. Funny, now that I'm using FLAC, the library is indeed "better". No iTunes integration for me.

I love the simple and extremely robust Fidelia Remote. Works flawlessly with a library of FLAC files (not so much with AIFF in my experience). Inclusion of cover art would be nice .. don't care though.

The lack of DSD support doesn't concern me (I have HQPlayer for that) but is rumored for version 2.0. Looking forward to seeing/hearing what Audiofile Engineering has been up to.

Just a few comments before this thread becomes completely irrelevant.

I'll start by saying I still enjoy the sound quality of Fidelia 1.5.3 very much. While there are other audio apps I'm also quite fond of and use regularly (Amarra Symphony, HQPlayer), Fidelia Advanced remains in rotation.

The library .. it's OK. It gets the job done. In the past I've stated I would like a "better" implementation although I'm not sure what that would be. Funny, now that I'm using FLAC, the library is indeed "better". No iTunes integration for me.

I love the simple and extremely robust Fidelia Remote. Works flawlessly with a library of FLAC files (not so much with AIFF in my experience). Inclusion of cover art would be nice .. don't care though.

The lack of DSD support doesn't concern me (I have HQPlayer for that) but is rumored for version 2.0. Looking forward to seeing/hearing what Audiofile Engineering has been up to.

totally agree with all of the above!

I also use Fidelia because of its great iPhone remote. Mostly I listen to music from a radically slimmed down OS X (so without WiFi enabled) but for listening to music en passant, as "ambience" (if you want so) while doing other things I always boot into the full OS X and use Fidelia and the iPhone remote.

SQ-wise I can't identify anything special. Fidelia sounds almost exactly like my CD-Player (Fidelia offers a bit more differentiation due to the DAC connected). Audirvana plus provides much better instrumental seperation (in all modes) and Amarra, well ... it provides the "Amarra"-Sound :-) (honestly meanwhile I use Amarra very rarely .. the GUI and the entire slowish, buggy and cumbersome software performance is just ridiculous in 2014 on an up-to-date MAC). Basically I am also interessted in the HQ-Player... but the ugly Windows-Interface and the completely user-unfriendly settings/handling prevent me from using it (IIRC you also can't use it with simple USB->DAC-connection ... is this still true?). Since I don't like on-the-fly Upsampling and therefeore don't use it at all I wonder if HQ Player brings anything to the table other music players do not offer...?

Back to topic... as long as Audirvana doesn't provide a decent remote App I will use Fidelia whenever I want to use a remote ... works like charm!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX