IGNORED

Synology DSM 5 (Beta) Is Available

findgog3103

I ran into this formatting problem when I wished to make a secondary back up of my Synology NAS to a USB disc to store off-site. I solved it by using ChronoSynch to back up across my network, from the NAS via ethernet to my Mac mini to which the USB disc was connected. This way I could use a Mac-formatted disc. The backup software bundled with the Synology only supports local backups. I use this for my primary backup, via the eSata connection on the NAS.

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

Thanks David. I did get it to finally work but I will check out this ChronoSynch.

findgog3103

I ran into this formatting problem when I wished to make a secondary back up of my Synology NAS to a USB disc to store off-site. I solved it by using ChronoSynch to back up across my network, from the NAS via ethernet to my Mac mini to which the USB disc was connected. This way I could use a Mac-formatted disc. The backup software bundled with the Synology only supports local backups. I use this for my primary backup, via the eSata connection on the NAS.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

• 3 weeks later...
I've been having massive issues with backup since going to DSM 5.0. Synology has been nothing short of pathetic to deal with too. I've been going back and fourth with them every four days (their response time) and get now where. Very very frustrating.

Damn that sucks man. Any resolution?

When I updated to a new version of 4, it break playback for JRMC even though filenames were the same. It was a really strange, and annoying problem. I rolled back.

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote

Damn that sucks man. Any resolution?

When I updated to a new version of 4, it break playback for JRMC even though filenames were the same. It was a really strange, and annoying problem. I rolled back.

Yes, it works now.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

• 3 weeks later...