IGNORED

Is everyone up to speed on Pandora?

Bit late to the party..but has everyone noticed Sonos now supports the 192 hi rez Pandora One

PANDORA ROCKS!

It keeps getting better and better..

I also vote Pandora One CA product of the year

Out of all the CA stuff I do, time and again my family and I come back to Pandora..

Now all we need is syncing across multiple devices :)

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Bit late to the party..but has everyone noticed Sonos now supports the 192 hi rez Pandora One

PANDORA ROCKS!

Out of all the CA stuff I do, time and again my family and I come back to Pandora..

It synchs fine across Sonos devices. It does sound better than standard Pandora but still no match for MOG for sound quality. Of course the price difference is significant, $36 a year for Pandora One vs. $120 a year for MOG.

For that price you're right, it rocks!

David

As a long time subscriber to both MOG, Pandora One, and Rhapsody. I would say the MOG definitely sounds better but it is just terrible from a station point of view using Sonos. They still throw genres in the mix that have nothing to do with what you are listening to, not a lot of new music in the mix either. If you are looking to discover new music MOG still has a way to go IMO.

Thanks for the update that Sonos support Pandora One, I did not know that!

ReadyNAS Ultra/6 stored flac->GigE network->roon->Uptone JS-2->microRendu->W4S Recovery->W4S DAC-2v2 SE>W4S STP-SE STG2 Preamp->W4S ST-1000 Amplifer->Von Schweikert VR-44

PANDORA ROCKS!

It depends on what music you like and how often you listen. My experience has been mixed; my 'station' based on Zero 7, for example, seems to play the same 25 songs over-and-over. I created a Frank Sinatra channel for background listening and heard "Mack the Knife" and "Beyond the Sea" about a dozen times in one day.

Newer music has greater variety, and I like it for background listening; and, I have purchased music I heard for the first time on Pandora.

But, vTuner blows Pandora out of the water, IMO. For classical music, I can surf a collection of NPR-affiliated classical stations, which have incredible variety to their playlists. For jazz, pop, rock, metal, et al., the choices are limitless and many stream at higher bit-rates. Metal, in particular, is extremely eclectic (if you are into that sort of music).

So my vote would be for vTuner, which is free with your streamer of choice.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."