IGNORED

DO we know where Acoustic Sounds is sourcing its DSD downloads?

I noticed they have Shelby Lynne, Just A Little Lovin in just about every format you could want, so where did they come from?

Was the master tape recorded into DSD and them converted down, or was something converted up? It is hard to know.

Shelby Lynne-Just A Little Lovin-DSD Download | Acoustic Sounds

has anyone downloaded DSD from Acoustic Sounds?

No electron left behind.

The album is the top seller ever since AS started to release DSD. AS only issue from original master tapes 99.9% of the time.

If there were problems with the file it would have shown by now, so go for it, it's a great musical experience.

That is very good to know, thanks for the reply.

No electron left behind.

The album is the top seller ever since AS started to release DSD. AS only issue from original master tapes 99.9% of the time.

If there were problems with the file it would have shown by now, so go for it, it's a great musical experience.

+1

The sound quality is outstanding and the performance is, if anything, better.

I am going to give it a try now that I have a DSD DAC.

You will be happy that you did.

Also the Nat King Cole albums and the Ella and Louis AS DSD downloads are awesome.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

I've bought about seven DSD releases so far, all of them don't come with the apprehension factor common with HDtracks product.

Truly, AS know what they are doing. Chad Kassem : "Either we get the master tapes or we don't do it at all".

Isn't the Analogue Productions label owned by Chad Kassem as is Acoustic Sounds? If so then the difference here is that they are obtaining the master tapes and mastering themselves and creating the files versus HD Tracks which simply obtains the already mastered and created files from the labels (except for those titles on their own Chesky label). This would mean to me a higher level of confidence as to the provenance of the source material if I am correct.

i am not thrilled with the premium $24.95 price on the FLAC 88.2 titles.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
I've bought about seven DSD releases so far, all of them don't come with the apprehension factor common with HDtracks product.

Truly, AS know what they are doing. Chad Kassem : "Either we get the master tapes or we don't do it at all".

At RMAF, Chad Kassem stated that AS will do all it can to provide better providence information for its downloads.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron