IGNORED

Chinese Brand L.K.S. Audio MH-DA002 ESS9018 * 2

Thx...greatly appreciate it :)

APPLE Mac Mini | HUAWEI S5700 Dual OCXO Network Switch | SONORE opticalRENDU | SINGXER SU-6 | HOLO AUDIO MAY L3 | CLASSÉ CAP-80 | RAIDHO X-1

DENON DP-300F + NAGAOKA MP-110 • NAIM Muso QB • YAMAHA YSP-2700

APPLE MacBook Pro | TOPPING 10s | KINKI STUDIO THR-1 | HIFIMAN Arya

As advised by some of you in here, I have changed my tuning fuse for the LKS DAC and it has certainly surprise me with the astonishing improvements to the overall sonic quality.

After some 4hrs on it, the trebles are smoother, background darker, firmer bass, better low frequencies extension, slightly better punch, thicker mid-tone, more 3 dimensional soundstage. All these positive qualities come from an affordable US$7 upgrade. It has to be my best value upgrade so far.

I have not swapped my opamps. I am certainly going let this run in for some time and enjoy this

before changing the opamps.

xllms

APPLE Mac Mini | HUAWEI S5700 Dual OCXO Network Switch | SONORE opticalRENDU | SINGXER SU-6 | HOLO AUDIO MAY L3 | CLASSÉ CAP-80 | RAIDHO X-1

As advised by some of you in here, I have changed my tuning fuse for the LKS DAC and it has certainly surprise me with the astonishing improvements to the overall sonic quality.

After some 4hrs on it, the trebles are smoother, background darker, firmer bass, better low frequencies extension, slightly better punch, thicker mid-tone, more 3 dimensional soundstage. All these positive qualities come from an affordable US$7 upgrade. It has to be my best value upgrade so far.

I have not swapped my opamps. I am certainly going let this run in for some time and enjoy this

before changing the opamps.

xllms

is to stop when SQ becomes agreeable.

Further tinkering can make the thing sonically less agreeable.

fmak

Agree...just that i am curious if swapping opamp will improve the sound further.

• 6 months later...

Hi all

Has anybody heard/tested this new model of LKS? It's direct streaming DAC with 2 balnced/single ended I2S inputs isn't it? Interesting how it really works if at all since there's no any feedback yet? Asked for e-manual from reseller on Shenzhenaudio.com and he promised but still not any response.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

• 4 months later...
Hi all

Has anybody heard/tested this new model of LKS? It's direct streaming DAC with 2 balnced/single ended I2S inputs isn't it? Interesting how it really works if at all since there's no any feedback yet? Asked for e-manual from reseller on Shenzhenaudio.com and he promised but still not any response.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

My MH-DA003 arrived about a week ago, very well packed, pretty quick shipping too.

Out the gate it sounds pretty good, very clean with nice extension. I upgraded the opamps to MUSE01's, everything is still breaking in but I'm very satisfied with the sound. Will be doing a full review and comparo in a couple of weeks.

2015-05-04%2018.02.33_zpsghzptov7.jpg

2015-05-05%2017.17.12_zpsehb2wqah.jpg

Great roundup - thanks so much!

Interesting how it's to compare with recently so much praised exaSound e12 DAC soundwise?

Thanks well I'm expecting the review to change as I used the wrong opamp... MUSE01 vs MUSE02. I switched back to the stock opamps post broken in and things gelled together...so much so that I don't think it needs an opamp upgrade. No serious listening was done but from the few minutes I did listen I can say its not as stiff sounding as before.

i´ve changed the opamps .I am trying the best combination...the bursons are too expensive i think...

Where is the fuse location..at first sight i am not seeing it...

i´m getting a bit of noise thrue USB when is connected to a gilmore lite headphone amp at max volume

Thanks for your answers

i´ve changed the opamps .I am trying the best combination...the bursons are too expensive i think...

Where is the fuse location..at first sight i am not seeing it...

i´m getting a bit of noise thrue USB when is connected to a gilmore lite headphone amp at max volume

Thanks for your answers

The fuse is at the back next to the iec inlet.

USB noise is because the USB needs power from the source.... dirty power

The problem with the inlet is that needs soldering and i have no experience with soldering...

I am using a Furutech IEC inlet with EMI filter, AC1001 ®, which has no fuse. The sound improvement from this tweak is quite significant.

As to cleaning up the USB input signal, I can highly recommend the Uptone Regen.

I understand. But it is actually not that difficult. I am sure there is a lot of instructive material on youtube, such as this:

Would be nice if the manufacturer could tap into a clean rail inside the dac to power the USB interface instead of using the dirty computer power

The only thing that i am afraid is that something goes wrong and after i have a non functional dac...But i´m gone to think about it

Thanks

I understand. But it is actually not that difficult. I am sure there is a lot of instructive material on youtube, such as this: