IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Hello Kimmo,

Finally I decided to test Daphile on my setup but seems with not much success at all ...

I installed on USB stick and tried on AsRock Q 1900DC MB . Every time the Player has rescanned the library about 1 GB from USB HDD the Mediaserver crashes. Tried it several times - all the same.

What did I do wrong? Unfortunately I have no DAC which is recognized by Daphile at the moment, so I wanted to try only library functions, but I doubt that is the reason... so please help

Thanks in advance for your possible advise.

Regards,

Alex

Ps. Could not PM you from your site - sorry..

Hello Kimmo,

Finally I decided to test Daphile on my setup but seems with not much success at all ...

I installed on USB stick and tried on AsRock Q 1900DC MB . Every time the Player has rescanned the library about 1 GB from USB HDD the Mediaserver crashes. Tried it several times - all the same.

What did I do wrong? Unfortunately I have no DAC which is recognized by Daphile at the moment, so I wanted to try only library functions, but I doubt that is the reason... so please help

Thanks in advance for your possible advise.

Regards,

Alex

Ps. Could not PM you from your site - sorry..

PM sent.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed the new version - thanks Kimmo for the traditional monthly update and let's hope that the next one for Christmas will present us the mostly wanted one feature - guess what I mean? Let's poll it a little bit here ...

My vote once and for all is for sacd.iso support anyway !

My guestion though:

Why Media Server removes existing links from the database every time I would boot with no music drives connected? Would it possible to leave the data links untouched to protect the missing drives when I just would do the maintenance ? I haven't found anything in media server options to prevent this. Or maybe I do something wrong?

Can any one advise please? Thanks, and great player BTW - hat off to developer!

• 2 weeks later...

I also could not get SMSL M8 DAC (SMSL M8 ES9018 24Bit / 384KHz DSD DAC Optical/Coaxial/ XMOS USB Asynchronous Decoder - Professional Audio Store - Shenzhenaudio.com) working in Daphile. Daphile recognized the DAC. I could see the DAC switching modes when I fed in music files with different PCM sampling rates or DSD formats. I could not hear any sound coming out of the DAC though. The DAC worked flawlessly with foobar2000 on a PC.

I also could not get SMSL M8 DAC (SMSL M8 ES9018 24Bit / 384KHz DSD DAC Optical/Coaxial/ XMOS USB Asynchronous Decoder - Professional Audio Store - Shenzhenaudio.com) working in Daphile. Daphile recognized the DAC. I could see the DAC switching modes when I fed in music files with different PCM sampling rates or DSD formats. I could not hear any sound coming out of the DAC though. The DAC worked flawlessly with foobar2000 on a PC.

Exactly same happens with Gustard U12 and Javs X3 HDSD DAC, Ifi-Audio Nano iDSD and Denon DA-USB300 dacs work fine

I wonder if SF or microSD cards connnected via sata (or PCIe?) adapters are supported as boot drives for Daphile ?

Also if anyone knows if the recent NUC's DE3815TYKHE ARK | Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE embedded Multimedia Card (eMMC) can work as a boot drive for Daphile ?

Please post your ideas,

Thanks

I could never get the emmc to work as a boot drive for Daphile. If anybody has been able to I would be interested to find out how. I wonder if the following is enabled in the kernel....

CONFIG_MMC=y

CONFIG_MMC_BLOCK=y

CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI=y

CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI_PCI=y

I could never get the emmc to work as a boot drive for Daphile. If anybody has been able to I would be interested to find out how. I wonder if the following is enabled in the kernel....

CONFIG_MMC=y

CONFIG_MMC_BLOCK=y

CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI=y

CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI_PCI=y

Have you asked Kimmo if it's enabled? Any feedback from him on this issue would be highly anticipated.

The NUC DE3815TYKHE is very interesting PC in terms of Linux usage for music.

Have you also tried CF or SD cards for Daphile?

Daphile is working great with my standalone audio PC and Emotiva Stealth DAC.

Sounds terrific.

My question concerns the sample rate expected when playing from the Music-Stations selection.

The Stealth always shows 44.1 no matter what station I am playing.

Is this correct or do I have something set up incorrectly?

I have not tried any high res music files so far, only the stations and a ripped CD, which also shows as 44.1 on the DAC display.

Well I may have answered my own question.

I was able to download and play some higher sample rate music and the Stealth switched to 176.4K

So it's obvious now that the music station player is streaming at 44.1K

But is that the highest those stations will play?

New question is: I have added the Pandora App to the Audio Player page.

But everytime I start it I get the following:

"You must be a subscriber to use Pandora from this device."

I am a "free" subscriber and I have the username and password stored under the advanced server menu.

Any help or ideas?

I wonder if SF or microSD cards connnected via sata (or PCIe?) adapters are supported as boot drives for Daphile ?

Also if anyone knows if the recent NUC's DE3815TYKHE ARK | Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE embedded Multimedia Card (eMMC) can work as a boot drive for Daphile ?

Please post your ideas,

Thanks

Hi skipspence,

I'm now using DE3815TYKHE and I have asked same question to Kimmo before, but can't solve it right now.

Recently, I found it may be cause for the format of eMMC and I asked the question in Daphile facebook.

eMMC.jpg

Hi skipspence,

I'm now using DE3815TYKHE and I have asked same question to Kimmo before, but can't solve it right now.

Recently, I found it may be cause for the format of eMMC and I asked the question in Daphile facebook.

Hi lit2ken

Is the 2nd drive on your picture eMMC? Then it looks like it's working as Daphile boot?

Please keep informed on your research and post your thoughts here.

Thanks in advance.

Hi lit2ken

Is the 2nd drive on your picture eMMC? Then it looks like it's working as Daphile boot?

Please keep informed on your research and post your thoughts here.

Thanks in advance.

Hi skipspence,

After unplug the USB FlashDisk and reboot. As my setting, it should be boot by eMMC, but only see the cursor on screen with no further response. I think Daphile is not support boot from ext4 MMC. Now, is waiting for Kimmo to confirm.

My DAC generate a quite louder pop sound when changing song from 16bit 441.1 KHz file to Hi-Res file as DSD64/128. Is Daphile have a function to make mute when change file types ?

Kimmo replied me, someone may be need, as following

"For the audio "pop"-problem you should try to increase "Mode switch delay" parameter. And also "Rate change delay" if the problem occurs on sample rate changes."

Hi skipspence,

After unplug the USB FlashDisk and reboot. As my setting, it should be boot by eMMC, but only see the cursor on screen with no further response. I think Daphile is not support boot from ext4 MMC. Now, is waiting for Kimmo to confirm.

Hi skipspence,

Kimmo replied as following,

"I really don't know how to get NUC boot Daphile from eMMC (I don't have NUC by myself). You should check the BIOS settings. See:https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15......

You should at least disable UEFI because Daphile does not support that."

I have tried change the setting many many times before. I'll try to solve it in other way and will post the method to you if success.

How do I mount Windows share? I cannot get the share to stick with latest version of Daphile. I am missing something here. The share is part of Windows domain and under storage I entered username/domainname@servername:/sharename entered password and said mount it to /mnt/music. How do I save that? As soon as I move to a different tab and go back to storage the previous settings are gone.

I tried the suggestion listed here and the format listed as example listed for cifs://user@server:/share. The wiki does not have ":" after the server. So I am not 100% sure if I am reading it correctly.

TIA

Edit: Figured out how to save the settings. Forgot to install the software on disk and was trying to save while running from CDRom. Now I am getting failed message.

Hello,

I would like to check if I understand transcoding settings correctly. I have Apple Lossless files (ALAC) and I would like to get PCM.

I see three columns File Format, Stream Format and Decoder.

For the File Format Apple Lossless I see four Stream Format entries and the corresponding Decoder settings

Apple Lossless - Disabled

FLAC - Disabled

MP3 - Disabled

PCM - transcode

Is that correct?

My Computer Audiophile profile