IGNORED

Visual studio 2012 c++ and wasapi minimalist player

sbgk

Hi sbgk

I'm arriving a bit late to the party but very interested in what you're achieving with mqn. I've had major problems with rapidshare but got the download from google drive. I may be missing something but I think I need other files that are only on rapidshare. Any chance you can put them on google drive?

Thanks for everything you've done so far.

Dave

Hi sbgk

I'm arriving a bit late to the party but very interested in what you're achieving with mqn. I've had major problems with rapidshare but got the download from google drive. I may be missing something but I think I need other files that are only on rapidshare. Any chance you can put them on google drive?

Thanks for everything you've done so far.

Dave

have uploaded the files from Rapidshare main directory

you need mqnreadme.txt, paste.exe and mqn.bat, mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay.exe - 2.43 is for cpus with sse4 instruction set, win 7 x 64 minimum, optimised for intel, but will work on amd x64

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

My 1st dip in your pool & your player 2.43 sounds very good on my 2012 std win2go - the detail retrieval is excellent - much better than 2PC Jplay setup. Thank you.

Thanks, glad you like it. 2.43 r11 cnt and mqncontrol dwm off is getting to where the sound should be, showing the capabilities of wav files that are so often obscured by the player, hopefully there is more to come.

Have renamed the mqncontrol.exe dwm off to mqncontrol.exe dwm off 4 core and uploaded a 2 core and a no affinity version. They don't revert the affinities back afterwards, so shall fix that sometime.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

Thanks, glad you like it. 2.43 r11 cnt and mqncontrol dwm off is getting to where the sound should be, showing the capabilities of wav files that are so often obscured by the player, hopefully there is more to come.

Have renamed the mqncontrol.exe dwm off to mqncontrol.exe dwm off 4 core and uploaded a 2 core and a no affinity version. They don't revert the affinities back afterwards, so shall fix that sometime.

2.43 r11 cnt sounds a bit strange on some tracks, maybe it can be improved, so that leaves 2.43 loop as the best version. At least the dwm off works.

2.43 r11 cnt sounds a bit strange on some tracks, maybe it can be improved, so that leaves 2.43 loop as the best version. At least the dwm off works.

2.43 r11 cnt sounds great to me!!! it has at least 1 thing better than 2.43 loop. the stage is not too close to ear. there is space to breath, so music is not overwhelming like 2.43 loop.

it also has sweetness that is open, rich, airy !! don't remember another version like it.

not all around-better than 2.43 loop, but much more enjoyable on headphone. 2.43 loop is like music effortlessly flooding into the ears. this version is like water flowing gently as music into the ears.

dwm off gives more clarity in my case. what does it do?

in fact, 2.43 r11 cnt might be the best stage for those who don't need explicit 3D boarder or well-defined instrument positioning. my heart feels warm and sweet listening with this 2.43 r11 cnt.

r11 cnt lost some realism compared to 2.43 loop. like vibration, micro-details. i observe this tendency when a version turns sweet/warm/open, we can lose a bit of these small things. perfect balance is hard to get.

thx sbgk!

mqnplay.exe 2.43 sse4 intel loop: many factors has more correct setting, so sound has become more true, clarity, pretty. I first say that this version better than any other.

- soundstage/3Dwide is reasonable for stereo, so:

+ solo-vocal is ~exactly in one point/focus, excellent!, true/natural/emotion

+ piano sound is better, there's rustic sound of beat/knock => more true

- bass vibaration is better: piano low notes pretty vibrates, sound of guitar and many other instruments which having layer bass is now good, good..

- bass volume has reduced, but seems a bit much? i will test at home by speakers.

jesuscheung, i think there piano sound must be better, try more test, and micro-vibration of high notes.

i first say that mqnplay.exe 2.43 sse4 intel loop is better nopgomemcpy (excluding bass volume?).

excellent! thanks, sbgk.

2.43 sse4 intel loop & 2.43 r11 cnt:

2.43 sse4 intel loop have drum/bass volume/weight above norm, 2.43 r11 cnt have drum/bass volume/weight below norm. as like as 99.5% / 100% / 101%

vocal in one point/focus: ~ correct, as like as 99.8% / 99.9% / 100% (JEP2.4.1Pro-x64-nonAVX give 100%)

detail/clarity: 99.6% / 99.8% / 100%

bass vibarion of both is OK, but nopgomemcpy & Foobar2000-XA900B give a bit better bass vibration.

musical nuance depends on many other factors (system tuning, weather (humidity of the air),...), so i need to more test.

2.43 sse4 intel loop & 2.43 r11 cnt actually are best players. i think that.

2.43 sse4 intel loop & 2.43 r11 cnt:

2.43 sse4 intel loop have drum/bass volume/weight above norm, 2.43 r11 cnt have drum/bass volume/weight below norm. as like as 99.5% / 100% / 101%

vocal in one point/focus: ~ correct, as like as 99.8% / 99.9% / 100% (JEP2.4.1Pro-x64-nonAVX give 100%)

detail/clarity: 99.6% / 99.8% / 100%

bass vibarion of both is OK, but nopgomemcpy & Foobar2000-XA900B give a bit better bass vibration.

musical nuance depends on many other factors (system tuning, weather (humidity of the air),...), so i need to more test.

2.43 sse4 intel loop & 2.43 r11 cnt actually are best players. i think that.

are you sure about XA900B's bass? coz i mostly hate its bass in win8/2012. XA sounds better in 7 (maybe coz it is developed and tested under 7). in8/2012, XA900B can have too much weight in drum, i cannot stand it, it might have more vibration, but i just cannot listen to it anymore if bass is heavy in the music. maybe i need better bass hardware.

i only use XA for vocal emotion. with vocal, it is at best 2% better than the best of MQn, and can be at least 10% worse than MQn. sometimes i use XA for rock, that's it

are you sure about XA900B's bass? coz i mostly hate its bass in win8/2012. XA sounds better in 7 (maybe coz it is developed and tested under 7). XA900B can have too much weight in drum, i cannot stand it, it might have more vibration, but i just cannot listen to it anymore if bass is heavy in the music. maybe i need better bass hardware.

i mean vibartion only. XA900B give heavy drum sound (but bass is not heavy), too much sharpness, sound wide is less than other players so bass stage is narrow, bad vocal focus (this vocal is characteristic of foobar2000-v0.8.3). difficult to tune laptop. although its sound is clearly/clarity but i don't like it. earache.

try more listen its bass vibration, i think OK, pretty.

i mean vibartion only. XA900B give heavy drum sound (but bass is not heavy), too much sharpness, sound wide is less than other players so bass stage is narrow, bad vocal focus (this vocal is characteristic of foobar2000-v0.8.3). difficult to tune laptop. although its sound is clearly/clarity but i don't like it. earache.

try more listen its bass vibration, i think OK, pretty.

that's my thoughts too! maybe "bad vocal focus" is a good thing for rock? XA is good with very fast music. MQn is far superior in slow music and many other things. i cannot see why pkshan don't hear this about XA! he makes very good judgements on hifi equipments. but when it comes to his player XA, it can do no wrong. maybe XA is over-tuned for his setup.

2.43 r11 cnt sounds great to me!!! it has at least 1 thing better than 2.43 loop. the stage is not too close to ear. there is space to breath, so music is not overwhelming like 2.43 loop.

it also has sweetness that is open, rich, airy !! don't remember another version like it.

not all around-better than 2.43 loop, but much more enjoyable on headphone. 2.43 loop is like music effortlessly flooding into the ears. this version is like water flowing gently as music into the ears.

dwm off gives more clarity in my case. what does it do?

Notifies the Desktop Window Manager (DWM) to opt in to or out of Multimedia Class Schedule Service (MMCSS) scheduling while the calling process is alive.

anyone tried Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard? i saw it in my msdn subscription. think this is the real version. not preview.

Think various people have tried it and liked it. You have msdn, can we look forward to a JCPlayer with extra bounce ?

Think various people have tried it and liked it. You have msdn, can we look forward to a JCPlayer with extra bounce ?

need albert einstein to code JCPlayer. quote:

"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no

sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as

a variation of wave pressure."

according to albert einstein, audio output is measurable with completeness and soundness, hence SQ is comparable mathematically. this is the only way to beat the great MQn.

I agree. If you can get it on msdn then I would go for it.

It is RTM on msdn which is final code.

to celebrate the great 2.32, here is a gift to boost SQ if you have not got it installed already:

Redistributable libraries for Intel C++ and Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1 for Windows | Intel® Developer Zone

basically any program/driver that uses C++ library gets a performance boost. MQn uses intel C++ so SQ gets better. effective immediately, no need to restart PC. if you dislike the change in SQ, uninstall it.

make sure you have VS C++ 2008, 2010, 201x installed too.

to celebrate the great 2.32, here is a gift to boost SQ if you have not got it installed already:

Redistributable libraries for Intel C++ and Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1 for Windows | Intel® Developer Zone

basically any program/driver that uses C++ library gets a performance boost. MQn uses intel C++ so SQ gets better. effective immediately, no need to restart PC. if you dislike the change in SQ, uninstall it.

make sure you have VS C++ 2008, 2010, 201x installed too.

MQn is built using these, there is a difference between with and without, haven't tested it with the drivers on the audio pc as assumed the difference was made to MQn code. MQn uses static libraries so won't be referencing these libraries. You should reference the source of this idea, developer of XA, I believe.

MQn is built using these, there is a difference between with and without, haven't tested it with the drivers on the audio pc as assumed the difference was made to MQn code. MQn uses static libraries so won't be referencing these libraries. You should reference the source of this idea, developer of XA, I believe.

Windows????(16):Redistributable*libraries*for*Intel*C++_ShanPCAudio_????

if MQn not referencing the libraries, i guess intel drivers are?? why else the SQ would change

Windows????(16):Redistributable*libraries*for*Intel*C++_ShanPCAudio_????

if MQn not referencing the libraries, i guess intel drivers are?? why else the SQ would change

don't know, haven't tested it, but mqn does sound different when compiled with them installed on the build laptop. think I only installed the x64 file, he recommends both.